Author Topic: Valen Romances  (Read 14259 times)

Userunfriendly

Valen Romances
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2002, 05:33:14 PM »
gospel, the sk pally to evil was an experiment in humor...a evil cleric can turn paladins, right??

so i figured  a sk pally should blow himself up!!!  

gigglllllllle!!!

but if a antipally can turn undead properly, might be fun, wot??? :rolleyes:

except i hate goody two shoes pallys!!!

keldy never makes it into my party except when powergaming :rolleyes:

ok, i power game ALL the time, but keldy is just two goody two shoes for me, and my pc uses bun bun,,,,,

version 4 will be a kensai sorc berserker, hive mother beholder, inquisitor dispell, and use a lot of g deathblows for anti beholder action...

i designed her for wes's creations :rolleyes:  :D                    

Valen Romances
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2002, 07:36:34 AM »
What Quitch said.

Redemption and romances are all very well but, frankly, they've been done before. If one offers nothing discernibly new, then you have nothing but a tired retread. An NPC that alters the weltanschauung of the protagonist would be something unique.

An incrementing global counter could be implemented that increases with each evil quest path performed by the player whilst Valen is in the party (whether she forces the outcome through dialogue interjection or no) and decreases with each good quest path choice. This could possibly be coupled with a series of Valen-to-PC conversations about the nature of evil that have a greater impact on the global counter's value (positive or negative, dependent on response choices made). Should the value of the counter reach a certain point, the PC would change alignment one step; from good to neutral or from neutral to evil. Should it decrease to a certain point, Valen would leave, disgusted. This, of course, would be entirely separate from Reputation.

Granted, going through and finding where such increments would be suitable would be a large task (although a good start would be to perform some form of automatic search that checks which quests wind up with reputation alteration) blahblahblahblahblah.... ....ah, drat. I guess I know what I'm going to be doing in between watching episodes of Record of Lodoss War this weekend. ]_[

Oh, and...what no Solaufein / Valen banter? Surely the Inky with the professed fascination for neckbiters would have something to discuss with her before running off with Bodhi.                    

Homunculus

Valen Romances
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2002, 07:59:37 AM »
^^^ Guest = me, incidentally. Stoopid surreptitious stealth posts borne of work ennui.

Weltanschauung..?   [Bill&Ted][a href = "http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1918freud-civwelt.html"]Frood[/a], dude![/Bill&Ted]                    

Guy Incogneto

Valen Romances
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2002, 07:00:18 PM »
Personally, I agree with the Melancholy Bard, who seems to have been forgotten in transit, to a point. RPGs are defined (well, good RPGs) by the player's capacity to choose his actions and the subsequent results of those acts.

However this doesn't nullify the existing constraints; a character can certainly point at a random NPC and expect them to follow him into the jaws of certain doom, but the NPC won't have to. Actually, most would probably be calling the guard by that point...

Based on what's been said so far, Valen is a vampire who enjoys her power, and is more than willing to indulge in her darker desires, so any "redemption" quests would be difficult, if not impossible, except
for Bodhi's demise, but someone else has already covered that angle.

Then there's the defanging; also difficult, with Valen regularly reveling in her power, but not impossible. After all, she could be persuing some great power (maybe some artifact that renders her immune to sunlight?) and loose her undead status as a result. Yes, shades of Edwin. But Edwin delt with his change; who says Valen has to? Hm... feels like a mini-mod
though.

Romance has the dubious honor of being the most likely so far, as there's plenty of preciedent for it (Spike comes to mind...) Valen wouldn't have to outwardly like or even tolerate the PC, but unless the "Right Hand of Murder" plotline works out, she'd need some reason to hang around, and a crush (or confused emotions, or maybe all the free and exotic blood) is a
valid reason. Especially with Bodhi's death; purpose can easily be mistaken for love.

Now, on the flip side, Valen's effect on the PC should definatly weigh in. A "damnation" quest would be greatly appreciated, and would be quite easy to pair up with a redemption quest; Valen, trying to control her bloodlust seeks out some deus ex machina cure, only to get jumped by a pack of Paladins. The PC, who'd been helping her is forced to watch as she is cut down/staked/made to eat italian food/whatnot and goes Slayer. The Paladins die in a suitably bloodly mess, and the PC, bitter over the forces of light murdering a repentant soul (at least as far as the PC knows...) slips closer to CE. Particularly potent if the PC was a nieve Paladin... yes, yes, never happen; Paladins and Vampires don't get along.

Vamparisim would be an interesting addition as well, so long as Valen stays alive, and in control. Otherwise the PC gains ungodly powers in exchange for staying out of the sun. While Valen stays alive, the game might well become a power game between the two, with her giving orders while it's at the most inconvenient. Although, I'd imagine that would take
some considerable skill to implement and still make the game enjoyable.

And then there's the possiblity of the PC developing a crush on Valen, or perhaps even full blown love. That'd make a neat dream sequence now that I think about it... and it opens up the option of Valen toying
with the character before breaking PC's heart. Hm... depending on just how evil Valen is supposed to be, the PC could end up murdering everyone else in the group to keep her love, and *then* she decides to leave.

Basically, it seems that all lasting relations with Valen would be built around the question of control; Valen might very well want someone to command her right after Bodhi's demise, simply because she's used to it;
but Chaotic Evil is all about doing what YOU want, consiquences be  damned, so she's lible to take power when she can.

Offhand, I'd like to see Anomen and Valen develop something, just because of the inherent passion such a conflict would bring, especially if both leave their discussions unsure... but once again, that won't happen.

Damn.

romoe

Valen Romances
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2002, 06:30:09 AM »
what about the climax of a romance with her means her drinking some of your blood and with the bhaal blood inside her, she regains some of her human abilities like she won't be as weakened in the sun.

or possibly after she drinks your blood with the bhaal element is makes her more powerful and weakens you (level drained and loss of hp) and with the addition power she turns on you, and you have to fight her in a one on one situation.  as the rest of your party have left the two of you alone for some quality time.                    

Userunfriendly

Valen Romances
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2002, 12:13:43 AM »
well, will she be spayed???

or is wes too against recycling a plot line, like in buffy the vampire slayer, when spike regains his soul??

tune in next week on as the coffin turns....                    

raven

Valen Romances
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2002, 02:31:11 PM »
I always dreamed of romancing Valen ever since installed the valen mod  :D And yup I have thought about the redemption (and de-vamping) idea even though I play evil party most of the time. So how about giving Valen some romance side quest with the player able to choose whether they want to "de-vamp" her or "further-vamp" her depending on choices made when romancing her? so one way she got de-vamped thus no longer affected by the sun and maybe give her a powerful holy weapon to replace the claw (and a change of alignment of course, maybe some special abilities...). They other is she acquire more dark powers and become a powerful nosferatu (a super upgrade to the claw and maybe some special vampire powers like those possessed by improved Bodhi), maybe with the help of the Bhaal blood from the PC. And better if she could have some ToB endings (maybe I'm asking too much...  :P )                    

Michel

Valen Romances
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2002, 02:50:34 PM »
No de-vamping Valen! Vampirize the PC :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:                    

Teno20

Valen Romances
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2002, 04:55:58 AM »
I agree! I always wanted to play as a Vampire or a Drow. Please? (PuppydogEyes.gif)                    

Michel

Valen Romances
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2002, 10:15:28 AM »
I agree! I always wanted to play as a Vampire or a Drow. Please? (PuppydogEyes.gif)
                   Vampire/Drow Assassin/Mage  :o  :o  :o  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  Muhahahah Bhaal!! Here I come!! :lol:  :lol:                    

Teno20

Valen Romances
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2002, 01:41:47 PM »
Vampire/Drow Assassin/Mage  :o  :o  :o  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  Muhahahah Bhaal!! Here I come!! :lol:  :lol:
Never thought of that... Vampires are a sub-race, just like Kensai is a sub-class. Interesting.

ERK... On a side note, too many quotings, don't you think?                    

Michel

Valen Romances
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2002, 06:29:43 PM »
Never thought of that... Vampires are a sub-race, just like Kensai is a sub-class. Interesting.

ERK... On a side note, too many quotings, don't you think?
                   I dont know what you mean :o  :lol:  :lol:                    

Userunfriendly

Valen Romances
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2002, 12:17:39 AM »
you know, try sk into the protagonist the special armor she wears......

i suspect all her vampire abilities are actually effects of that UNREMOVEABLE armor wes created....

:D

should turn you vampire, eh??                    

klaussner

Valen Romances
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2002, 06:45:22 AM »
all powers come from the armor, except for level drain that comes from the claws, and the change to mist ability that comes from her script (along with the allergy to goody-two-shoes items and her auto sneak/detect script)                    

raven

Valen Romances
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2002, 01:26:27 PM »
Main character turned into a vampire is really a nice idea, however I want to turn into a lich even more. Maybe we have have all these as available choices in the Valen romance (valen de-vamped for those goody-goody players, valen becomes even more powerful, valen turns main character into vampire, valen helps main character turn into lich) B)                    

Teno20

Valen Romances
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2002, 02:49:05 PM »
Main character turned into a vampire is really a nice idea, however I want to turn into a lich even more. Maybe we have have all these as available choices in the Valen romance (valen de-vamped for those goody-goody players, valen becomes even more powerful, valen turns main character into vampire, valen helps main character turn into lich) B)
COOL!!!

I bolded what I like. Hows about some vampire related missions as well?

Oh well... I can dream...                    

Userunfriendly

Valen Romances
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2002, 01:00:03 AM »
i know somebody has a bunch of hacks, includes both a lich and vampire....

as playable protagonist kits....                    

klaussner

Valen Romances
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2002, 06:13:47 AM »
there are lich and vampire templates available (along with solar and demon and dark knight and skeleton warrior) but they prevent all banters and romances.                    

Teno20

Valen Romances
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2002, 12:58:22 PM »
there are lich and vampire templates available (along with solar and demon and dark knight and skeleton warrior) but they prevent all banters and romances.
Meh... WHY?!?!?!?!?![/size]

I WANNA BE A VAMPIRE!!!

But I don't want it to reduce other aspects of the game...

Please, someone do a MOD!!! (PuppyEyes.gif)                    

[!--EDIT|Teno20|Sep 21 2002, 08:01 PM--]

Gospel

Valen Romances
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2002, 01:19:41 PM »
Some also change your portrait, I thinkies... :(

VERY unwelcome :(

Thomas

Valen Romances
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2003, 11:00:32 AM »
Why shouildn't a palladin be able to have a romance with Valen?
 That would make it far more interesting like for example: the palladin has to choose between valen and the order and so on.

jess879

Valen Romances
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2003, 05:05:43 AM »
i have Shadow of Amn and Throne of Bhall installed as well as the valen mod installed, i was wonderring how i would twigger the romance.  

blackthorne

Valen Romances
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2003, 08:50:35 PM »
well, I think a valen romance would be pretty good. If the PC is evil-aligned, and chooses to relinquish godhood at the end of ToB, he could choose to turn to vampirism, and stalk the night with Valen in search of victims... a bloody legacy, indeed. It would be good, I say. But that's just my opinion  

Zorrin Cthan

Valen Romances
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2003, 11:33:22 PM »
Why not just make a new mod for the romance then download it if you want the romance.

Zorrin Cthan

Valen Romances
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2003, 02:25:31 AM »
Sorry i don't have any ideas but my idea of a good mod is probably different to everyone elses, that being said i am in favor of a Valen romance mod so PLEASE PLEASE make one :lol:

P.S. i would make one myself only i suck at these things. :unsure:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: