Author Topic: Can you help me? I can't start a new game  (Read 1031 times)

klaussner

Can you help me? I can't start a new game
« on: February 28, 2003, 01:43:26 PM »
I got a bug recently: I can't start a new game. my previously saved games load just fine, but the game crashes at the loading screen when I finished creating a character. I tried to uninstall/reinstall but it doesn't work.
Can someone help please?                    

Moonfruit

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 04:13:28 PM »
A few things I can think of, though I'm not sure they'll help you:

1 - After uninstalling, remove all BGII related entries from your registry. Also remove any remaining files on the HD (eg. override directory)

2 - Re-install the game (SoA only, no mods).

3 - Start up the game and try making a new game.

4 - If it works, install ToB and test again.

5 - Intall the official patch, and then any other mods you may like to use, remembering to test after each one.

If the game crashes at Step 3 or 4, then the only thing I can think of is a problem with your CD's. Try lending a friend's and installing from them.

If it crashes after installation of a mod, e-mail the author of that specific mod or component.

Hope this helps a little.                    

klaussner

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 04:46:35 AM »
I suspect this is a conflict with rebalanced rogues mod and ease-of use mod about grand mastery, though I'm not sure.
I installed rebalanced rogues and elven traits mods, then I installed ease of use to keep multiclass grand mastery. Could this generate a conflict?

Or could Norton Antivirus 2003 cause those problems? (I got a TON of crashes and unstable applications since this crap was installed, can't those morons Symantec programmers  think of any idea to temporarily defuse the damn thing)                    

klaussner

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 04:28:55 PM »
Busted. Azengaard Mod did cause the crash, even where no other mods where installed like Imoen romance or Improved Ilyich (the Irenicus dungeon becomes corrupted and can't be loaded I guess).

Did someone get this bug too?
Is there a way I can solve this?                    

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 06:55:17 AM »
I have found the same bug with Azengaard Mod

I found a way to fix it. After installation of Azengaard Mod try to install Improved Illyich from Tactics. It fixes a problem for me :)

Nivellen                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: