Author Topic: Solaufein and Phaere sittin' In a tree....  (Read 55042 times)

Userunfriendly

Solaufein and Phaere sittin' In a tree....
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2003, 07:28:36 PM »
kitty claps and spintwirldance...meow....

a couple of kitty imitation bunny hops....

great stuff!!!  keep them coming....

its a little complicated, cause i have not read all the posts in this thread, but i hope you make it much more clear the machinations of the houses of the drow in the underdark...that would be especially facinating...

ohhhhh...purr...one request...this material is so good, can the pc have this dialog even if not in romance with sola???i really think this fleshes out more of the personality of sola and should still be included simply to provide a depth of character even if the pc chooses not to romance him...

Sphira

« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2003, 08:10:03 PM »
Kozand has a conversation like this for none romanceable PCs you look hard enough in dialougs. :)

kozand

« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2003, 06:51:25 AM »
Thank u Sphira. Infact my purring friend u may check dialogue ideas thread.

kozand

« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2003, 06:57:18 AM »
Well I think u should have that 'shallow' response.  :)

I am even reluctant to call it shallow. Sometimes even complex-in depth people are not used to every aspects of life. Calling them shallow per definition maybe a bit unfair. PCs should be free to have options.

I am hetero man but I know most people are atracted to beauty, not gender and I believe people should be free to live their lives as lon as they are decent.

Enough. Back to the topic....

*re-reads Sphira's post.*

kozand

« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2003, 07:07:55 AM »
hmmm it looks good enough so I have nothing to add this time. Good work Sphira!

On a side notice my dialogue does not check romance active so it will be triggered by PC anytime, romance or non romance.  

thecursed

« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2003, 08:48:50 AM »
great work people!

ReiZe

« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2003, 12:11:16 AM »
heh heh... if u wanna make it really confusing (and kind of improbable), you could say that Solaufein was originally a high elf.... maybe his village was raised when he was a mere child, but because of his tenacity to survive, one of the other drows hid him away and presented him to a drow merc (i don't think a priestess of Lloth would have even attempted this). The merc transformed the high elf into a drow with a permanent spell... and having Phaere be the one who eventually taught him the rules of drow etiquette (perhaps when he was in school... priestesses usually take much younger males for their lovers, so it makes sense).

I don't know... this is just a rough idea... and it could make it really confusing... but it would be interesting to see Solaufein discover this, and have his whole world that he's known shatter around him.

Dread

« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2003, 11:06:39 AM »
Is it fact that Sola changed his house? Because I had another idea for his past...
I mean what profit would a small house have if one of their males becomes lover of one of the daughters of the leading house of the city? Remember that Drow society is quite different, there are no marriages to build alliances, males are just toys for the females. So the house would have nothing (maybe a bit less threatening from house Despana, if their are lucky...)
So I would say Solas house was one of the minor houses but built a strategic alliance with Despana to fight the former strongest house (now it is Despana, Solas house is now 2nd or something like that)
Both houses are still "allies" but both know that the other house will take every opportunity to weaken/destroy the other to become the strongest house/simply eliminate the concurrence.
In that period, Sola and Phaere fell in love, which Solas house at least tolerated (if not even supported) because it was a great opportunity to bring infamy over house Despana (something like "look, how the daughter of the strongest house of the city behaves, I doubt they even worship Lolth") while it would be no problem for themselves - Sola is just a male and doesnt knows it better, they would have him sacrificed if their plan would have suceeded.
So Ardulace had to do something, which she did.
Solaufein is a reminder of Phaeres (and therefore Despanas) shame, thus they protect him against Despana and present him every now and then to annoy house Despana... maybe thats why they made Solaufein become the leader of the male fighter society?

Urgs sorry for my bad english, but what do you think of that idea?

Athena

« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2003, 12:35:41 AM »
ReiZe-- That's a really interesting idea, but I doubt Wes would use it...it would require some rewriting of Sola's dialogues and some suspension of disbelief.
Still, if you've ever thought about working on a mod (or perhaps you already are; if so I apologize; I'm not good at keeping up with all the mods in creation) then that could be a very cool idea for a mod with an original character.

Dread--As far as I know, it's not fact that Sola changed his house.
You also have some very cool ideas. :) I'm sorry to say that (last I knew) Sphira already submitted her dialogue to Wes, so I'm afraid your ideas are a bit late. :(
If Wes asks Sphira to revise her dialogue, or her potential history for Solaufein, I'll point out your post to her.
(And your English is pretty good. :) )

If either of you have any other ideas, please don't hesitate to post them...we can always use inspiration and fresh ideas around here. :)

Sphira

« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2003, 03:16:04 PM »
I haven't sent it in for final approval, actually.  :D  I do like Dread's idea too... it's much more simpler. I'm trying to remember why we had it so elaborate however...  :blink:  

Athena

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2003, 03:27:53 PM »
Oops, my mistake. *blushes*

I think it was so complicated because so many people were contributing ideas (you, Tsuru, kozand, Ama...) And while I like Dread's idea, too, I do encourage you to think carefully before you make any revisions, so we don't risk throwing off any dialogues being worked on/already written.  :)  

Meira

« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2003, 07:53:08 AM »

(Sighs). And I just forgot one more option, should I add a horribely shallow 'Ekk, you slept with men!? I'm leaving you!' option for the horribley shallow female PCs?

Okay, my first post - though I have been lurking for a while now. *greets everyone*

I think you should include that option Sphira, even if nobody would not ever use it. Though even getting involved with a Drow shows such open-mindedness that small thing like that should not matter. But I am bit uncomfortable with dialogues that have only one available answer option for the PC.

Otherwise I like this dialogue a lot, great job!

-Meira

Athena

« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2003, 05:52:14 PM »
*welcomes Meira*

Sinny

« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2003, 02:26:41 AM »
Konnichiwa, everyone! *waves*

Not got much to say, I must admit, but I do have one minor correction to make... (and I feel such a bitch for saying it) but the drow city Sola refers to is Chad Nesad, not the Chas Nese or whatever it was (my S.T. memory sucks).

Beyond that... wow! KAWAII!!!!!!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: