Author Topic: FIXED: Various Frennedan issues  (Read 6777 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
FIXED: Various Frennedan issues
« on: February 22, 2003, 12:39:42 AM »
B9

Frennedan (AR0010) won't follow me no matter what I do. He wouldn't even acknowledge that I'd let him out (kept doing the initial meeting dialogue when I click-talked his immobile form) until I chose the dialogue option to turn him into a kid. Then he still isn't following.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 10:56:05 AM »
Cann't reproduce. Frennedan follows me out (slowly, as always) ... and correctly does the betrayal at the end of the hallway.

Can you try this again with the latest version? Can anyone else repro this?                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 01:12:57 PM »
I have the same thing (version 11): As fat guy he constantly repeats to release him. When I make him in to a boy and talk to him he will “thanks” for freeing him, but he will not follow me.

PS. On that map (AR0010) “WAITPC2.bcs” block 1 is activating over and over again.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 07:47:01 PM »
OK, I'll try this again.

Enter room, F talks, get key, open door, F talks ...

(1) be nice, he follows, he turns, he attacks ... perfect.

(2) say you will not help him, big magic, turns to boy, he talks again, say OK, open door, talk to him, "am I being trouble', no you're fine, leave, he turns on you ... perfect.

(3) talk, turn him down, accuse of being a dopp, yada yada, open door, tell him you will kill him, impudent lout, he attacks ... perfect.

No matter how I try this it works perfectly. If you guys really think there is a problem here you will need to send me (or post) screenshots, explicit instructions for how to reproduce the problem and/or saved games.

Bear in mind that because AREs and CREs are stored in saved games, checking it with the latest version really means running the latest version, loading up a saved game that *has never been to this level*, entering this level, and then checking it out. If you do all of that with the latest version I'll be quite surprised if you run into problems. Fren seems fine.                    

Blucher

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 07:50:33 PM »
In some cases it might be useful to delete the .are info from the .sav file, using NI.  I say "might" because this could have other strange problems as well (variable setting, etc.).                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 12:52:40 AM »
On a fresh v11 he isn’t working well
[img]http://hoth.jmg.com.pl/~piotrek/foto/bug.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image']
(believe me on the dialogs :P) (i have tried without hiding...)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 10:20:31 PM »
Rik, would you be so kind as to provide a recipe that guarantees that I can reproduce this error?

Example:

start new game
mvoetoarea
ctrl-j to fren room
fren talks to pc, say 1,1,2,3
get key from box
unlock door
fren talks to pc, say  2,3,4
watch fren get stuck in a loop

Riklaunim

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 05:32:09 AM »
I’ve check it few times (ver 13) (without any NPC). No mater if I teleport to AR0010 directly or play normal it looks like this:
-new game
-go to AR0010
-go to his room
-dialogs: 1 and 1 (no I didn’t captured you….. I will do whatever I can to release you)
-key
-OPENING the door to his room (x 2575, y 1505)
And nothing happens. When I talk to him again he thinks that he is sill locked.                    

[!--EDIT|Riklaunim|Feb 28 2003, 01:37 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 06:02:43 PM »
Rik, I just tried this locally and followed your instructions. As soon as I opened the door, freenedan.bcs block 3 fired and he spoke to me.

Code: [Select]
IF
  Or(2)
    Global("Frennedan","AR0010",0)
    Global("Frennedan","AR0010",4)
  OpenState("DOOR02",TRUE)  // DOOR02
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Player1,92756)  // ~frenneda.bcs block 3 activated~
    SetGlobal("Frennedan","AR0010",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("FrennedanTimer","GLOBAL",240)
    StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Can you verify that your _RENNEDA.BCS looks like that?

I'm at a loss to explain things otherwise. This keeps working perfectly for me. Are you sure that you have the latest Baldurdash?

Here's one other option: I recently changed WeiMorph so that it translates likes like

SetGlobal("Frennedan","AR0603","1)

Into

SetGlobal("Frennedan","AR0603",1)

(look carefully). This may fix things for you. Check with the new version when I put it up later.

Basically, you will have to keep convincing me that this is broken. Since it works perfectly here I cannot fix it. Do you have any other paths/recipes that show the problem?                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 06:44:37 PM »
You wont believe – there is not such file (on entire disk!). I look on him in NI and the bcs files he uses are as follow: override script – Houtdlg.bcs , deflaut script _tasight.bcs   (ver 12)

Errors bcs file:
FAILED: frenneda: Failure("hd")
Failure("resource [source.BCS] not found"): resource not found in BG2: source
ÿ

[!--EDIT|Riklaunim|Mar 1 2003, 02:47 AM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 06:49:46 PM »
Interesting!

Can you post your copy of FRENNEDA.BCS (from BG2!) here?                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 07:01:21 PM »
The file: http://hoth.jmg.com.pl/~piotrek/fre.zip                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 08:24:37 PM »
OK. Your FRENNEDA.BCS is *exactly the same* as mine. However, it does not convert on your computer but it does on mine.

So I'll need more information about why yours is not converting.

Get the latest version and try something like

iwg2 ] result

Then search in result until you find frenneda.bcs. Go up about 20 lines and down about 20 lines and select that whole area and paste it here. Or just send me your entire 'result' file.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 01:59:13 PM »
There is a problem. When I run iwg2 ] result (from Windows Commander) its start working and then crashes (the ms windows type of crash). On v15 that bcs isn’t converted even when I put it in the BG2 override. Jcompton have the same problem (the same symptoms) so he could check it too.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2003, 04:13:12 PM »
Compton, any ideas?

You can still send me the partial contents of 'result'.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2003, 05:24:39 PM »
There is only (almost) info about areas names in BG2 and IG2. I will try in a moment to run it again with other programs….                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2003, 10:40:04 PM »
Er, what? Although I am having all manner of other computer problems at the moment, that's not one I'm aware of.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 02:13:42 PM »
Rik, even if you think there is "only" information about unimportant things in that file, *send it to me anyway*. I wrote the program and the debugging information will probably mean more to mean than it does to you.

Really, I want to resolve this Frennedan issue because until I am sure it is converting properly on your computer I can't tell if your other bug reports are "real" or symptoms of the same problem.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2003, 02:34:40 PM »
Here it is: http://hoth.jmg.com.pl/~piotrek/result.zip

I always check the errors if there is info about a bug (for Fennedan there is) for those like Rejiek there wasn’t any info                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2003, 03:48:46 PM »
Mysteriously, your 'result' file is strangely truncated. Perhaps whatever shell you are using (cmd? command?) isn't doing re-direction they way I am expecting. Anyway, would you instead (sorry!) re-run iwg2 and then zip up the contents of the iwg2/error folder and send that to me?                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2003, 04:15:07 PM »
(sorry!)
                   Who said that beta testing is fun:P?

Errors: http://hoth.jmg.com.pl/~piotrek/errors.zip                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2003, 04:56:55 PM »
Rik, do you have ToB?

Your BG2 version of TRIGGER.IDS appears not to have the line:

0x40D5 ActuallyInCombat()

And Fren's script uses that  (as is some asylum script). Are you using some special custom TRIGGER.IDS? I have just put up a new IWG2 version that comes with a known-good version of TRIGGER/ACTION.IDS.

In addition, I have ported the "--log result" command from WeiDU to IWG2. You can now say

iwg2 --log result

rather than "iwg2 ] result". The --log method should work in all situations.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2003, 05:46:42 PM »
I have ToB, but he isn’t installed………..  !!!!!!! I think that Frennedan has converted (nothing about him in bcs errors)….. IT WORKS IN THE GAME! :D                    

[!--EDIT|Riklaunim|Mar 3 2003, 01:55 AM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2003, 06:00:06 PM »
OK, I am going to add this to the beta-testing requirements now just to be sure.

ToB is required. Go install it now. Next, go install the latest official ToB patch. I have added links to it (and the official iwd2 patch) to the beta page.

I want everyone to be using the same base.

I'm glad that Frennedan works now.

After you install ToB and the latest official patches for it and IWD2, please go back to all of those errors you reported that I said we would get to "after Frennedan" and post again to let me know if they are fixed or are still problems.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to send me detailed bug reports. They are helping me to narrow things down.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2003, 06:01:59 PM »
But the results are still crashing :angry: …. I will try sometime to do it from DOS.

I have to use Polish Patch for BG2 ToB (the English one wont recognize the game version….) I will install ToB tomorrow (hehe its getting late in Poland :)                    

[!--EDIT|Riklaunim|Mar 3 2003, 02:04 AM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: