Author Topic: Hide&detect scripts  (Read 2156 times)

Ratman

Hide&detect scripts
« on: February 18, 2003, 05:37:04 PM »
Topic asks it all. Can those God send scripts be made to work with all thieves?
Edit: Actually i know they can, im just wondering would someone(Weimer?) be willing(sp?) to do it?                    

[!--EDIT|Ratman|Feb 19 2003, 04:16 AM--]

Brannin Vael

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 11:32:27 PM »
Don't the auto-buff scripts from the Sola mod do that already? Or perhaps it was just detect traps...I can't recall  :huh:

Maybe I am just remembering Valen with the auto buff script. Because she is always hiding & detecting. That is very nice indeed!  :D

In any event, I completely agree with you Ratman. That would indeed be a very nice script.

I would also like to see an agressive script for thieves that would notice if they are carrying potions of invisibility and drink them and then backstab in combat. It can be quite frustrating sometimes to finally get someone in position to backstab properly. Or a 'smart attack' script that would instantly change the thief's attacks from standard to backstab when at any time he became invisible. All of the existing scripts I have, keep on with a standard attack when they are turned invisible during combat. In the first round of a fight it is okay though... :ph34r:

Also, the reasoning behind making sure that a backstabing thief has to be "behind" the enemy when "hiding in shadows" is understandable. However I think that any "invisible" thief should be able to make a backstab attack from any quarter. A frontal stab while invisible would be even more deadly. Heck the thieves in BG2 cheat anyway. They backstab me from the front all the time... :angry:                      

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 11:13:36 AM »
I Second that.                    

cirerrek

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 01:10:02 PM »
http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/

Check out GB's Party AI TOB Scripts.  In looking through them they will use whatever invisibility item is handy and use them to attempt hide and then backstab.  I believe this behavior can even be controlled through a hot key.  

I've recoded the backstab routine for eThief of the eSeries, but I haven't really determined if it works properly and it only relies on the thiefs ability to hide in shadows rather than use all available resources to get invisible.                    

Brannin Vael

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 12:43:06 AM »
Thanks for that info Cirerrek! All this time and I never even bothered to check out his scripts. This will be interesting...   ^_^                    

cirerrek

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 01:57:36 AM »
You're welcome.  

You might also try uScript available here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IEEAIS/files...0AI/Party%20AI/

uScript_2001-09-07.rar

I've never actually used it myself, but looking through it, it handles hiding and backstab somewhat similarly to the way GB's scripts do it.

Cheers,
Cirerrek                    

Ratman

Hide&detect scripts
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 06:41:01 PM »
I somewhat tested uScript and found it relatively good although i never tested it with a thief. I finnaly dumped it because it drank potions for 1 hp. And those were SUPERIOR HEALING POTIONS from WK!                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: