Author Topic: Interjection ideas  (Read 71353 times)

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2003, 04:38:25 AM »
I'll leave the actual dialogs up to you but Aerie dislikes the idea of having Viccy in the party so methinks she definetly wouldn't like you to romance sola, especially if the PC is male.  Real question is: would she leave the party over it ?
                   The stealth romance comes into effect at this point. If the PC is male, Jah, Aerie and Vic would not see the Sola romance. If the PC is female, Ano won't see it. Kelsey won't see it unless the optional pack is installed.                    

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2003, 05:26:56 AM »
I'll leave the actual dialogs up to you but Aerie dislikes the idea of having Viccy in the party so methinks she definetly wouldn't like you to romance sola, especially if the PC is male.  Real question is: would she leave the party over it ?
sola ain't evil like viccy. i don't think aerie would mind solas' presence
ther could be a dialogue between aire and sola:

Aerie: i thought all drows were evil, [string of uncoplimentary adjectives]

if vic is there: Vic : are you saying that for me?

s: well there are rotten apples in every batch....                    

[!--EDIT|thecursed|Feb 21 2003, 03:27 PM--]

Niz

Interjection ideas
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2003, 11:34:35 AM »
Aerie: i thought all drows were evil
That would seem a bit of a strange remark with Viccy still tagging along.  
Perhaps she would rather start to wonder if Sola was an outcast in the underdark as she has been in the circus, feel akin in a way...                      

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2003, 11:03:59 PM »
Well... in the oringal Sola banters, it's kinda been established that Solaufein and Aerie aren't too fond of each other. Gotta keep those in mind. ^_^                    

Amazor'dra

Interjection ideas
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2003, 11:47:49 PM »
Aerie came across as more...afraid of drow--she doesn't like them, but she finds them scary as well.                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2003, 12:25:07 AM »
This is written under the assumption of the 'blind' clause. *nods* Now, I better see more Viccy-commenting-on-PC's-relationship interjections, too!

But I don't think I've captured her voice very well and the rating is a bit... borderline I would believe. If it's too much, I'll fix it.

-
Viconia: I'm quite surpised with you, [Charname].

PC: Oh?

Viconia: It seems you've taken quite a fancy to your jaluk, or should I dare say mrannd'ssinss?

PC: I know what 'jaluk' means, but I have no idea what mraaanisee-

Viconia: (chuckles) Don't, you poison the language.

Viconia: I simply mean I've noticed you've taken a liking to 'dark meat', shall we say?

PC: (Sigh) Viconia, don't.

Viconia: Oh, do you think I have something negative to say about this abbil? How dissapointing, I'm merely want to give you suggestions.

PC: Should I be afarid to ask?

Viconia: It's just advice on how to deal with your mrannd'ssinss, {Charname}. I'm sure Solaufein is simply quite exquisite in the bed chambers, older drow become quite skillful in the exotic arts. They have to be to surrive. I'm sure as surfacer like you *must* be exhaused by him long before daybreak.

PC: Viconia.

Viconia: However you just cannot treat any jaluk with kit gloves.  May I suggest using leather collar for him to follow you around? Perhaps a gag to quiet his screams-

PC: Viconia!-] A
PC: I thank you for the advice Viconia, but we've *both* managed to get the other quite sleepy before daybreak. And while I have made him scream and moan quite nicely, it is in pleasure rather than pain. It's a shame you can't hear Solaufein's voice, it's beautiful no matter what I do to him. (smiles) -] B

Viconia
A: (She chuckles softly again.) Ahh, that shade of red does suits you, {Charname}. It’s simply a shame you can’t take a simple teasing... {If male, go to C, if female -end-}
B: (Sigh) As I said, you treat your male with kit gloves. -] {If male, go to C, if female -end-}

Viconia
C: Should I give this advice to Solaufein, then? After all, you could be the jalil in this.

PC] Jalil?

Viconia] Female. (Smirks.)

PC] ... (Sighs) Thank you for expanding my vocabulary, Vic. {-end-}

PC] Do I dectect a hint of jealousy, Viconia?

Viconia: Keep thinking that, jaluk if it flatters you.

-end-
-

Thanks Dash for the suggestion as well as starchild. ^_^                    

[!--EDIT|Sphira|Feb 23 2003, 07:29 PM--]

Dashael

Interjection ideas
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2003, 12:35:44 AM »
Consistantly excellent work Sphira, I think you've captured Viconia pretty much perfectly.

I imagine she would make some snipe about it if the PC where male, but that is just about my only suggestion. Very well done                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2003, 12:14:59 AM »
(Sighs) I need a life. Jan's comments. :3

--

Jan: You know {CharName}, you remind me of my third cousin on my aunt Liddy's side of the family...

PC: Oh?

Jan: Oh yes, yes indeed. Poor cousin Camellia, it’s such a pity what happened to her. She fell in love with a giant you know. Though I don’t recall if it was a hill or a storm giant. Maybe a cloud giant. But the point is that the Giant was quite big. Anyways, she was off turnip picking one day just outside of Trademeet when low and behold she meet Biggie.

PC: Jan, please, don’t. I beg of you don-

Jan: You couldn’t separate them, not even with one of my Ma Janson’s upside down cake-

PC: Jan, it’s my personal life, I really don’t-

Jan: -we eventually got over Biggie and there was a wedding. One of the biggest Janson events since, well, I can’t remember. But they were married and it was such a lovely celebration, the twins were so adorable as the ring bearer and flower girl. But sadly... they were divorced the next day. Things wouldn’t... fit. Very tragic. But the divorce lawyer happened to be a nice halfling and now cousin Camellia is due any day now-

PC: Jan, what was the point of that?

Jan: Oh, yes, that. Just make sure at the very least your equipment is compatible with Solaufein’s in case you decide to get hitched.

PC
- “.....”  -]A
- Tha- tha.. That’s none of your damn business!! -] B

Jan
B) (Chuckles and doesn’t say a word.) [end]

A
{If PC is male}
PC: I’m not sure if I can get married, Jan.

Jan: ... Humph! Just ruin one of my perfectly good stories, then!
-end-

A
{If PC is female.}
PC: Jan, uhm... I thank you for the suggestion but we know the... equipment... is compatible.
Jan: Oh, that‘s very good then! So... how about naming your first-born after me then? (grins)

PC: (Sigh.) One day gnome, one day...

[!--EDIT|Sphira|Feb 23 2003, 01:16 AM--]

Athena

Interjection ideas
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2003, 01:07:02 AM »
*collapses into giggles*

That...is definitely Jan.  :lol:                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2003, 01:09:08 AM »
*whimpers and dives back under the table in Sooo..* There is no escape from that gnome, I swear!!!

(And Sphira already knows I like it  :lol: )                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2003, 01:20:34 AM »
Thank you. ^_^ Jan's my third favorite offical NPC (fourth favorite, including non-Offical NPC) and he's the only one who could really comment with. My favorite offical NPC is Sarevok but I don't think he'd care too much about his slibling's love life, even if it's with the drow that he's getting to testsortone 'coversations' with. :D

Tsuru: You can NEVER escape from Jan.  :P                    

Athena

Interjection ideas
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2003, 01:49:42 AM »
I think you're right that Sarevok wouldn't care too much about his sibling's love life. :) But I could see him commenting all the same, trying to throw make the PC (and possible Solaufein, as well) uncomfortable.
And perhaps it's just me, but I could invision Sarevok referring to Sola as the PC's 'pet drow', just trying to get a reaction out of one of them.
Hmm...
*runs off to play ToB again*                    

starrchild

Interjection ideas
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2003, 10:26:48 AM »
Delurking for a brief moment...

reading back a few posts previously  (the Viconia interjection), I think there could possibly be another reply to Viccy's "gag" comment, other than the "blushing maid" version...

PC: "A gag? For screams? A scream can have different meanings, Viconia. A scream can mean pain, from a (reluctant)(forced) submission... or estacy (sp), from consent freely given..."

A rough-draft idea, and it may not be the direction ya'll want to be going, but I thought some sort of reply was needed for 1) if you're none too fond of Viccy for poking her nose in your relationship with Sola, and 2) for a more, ah, "experienced" PC response.

Comments, suggestion, thermonuclear flames....? : )

starrchild

:D  :D  :)                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2003, 01:13:28 PM »
We're always happy to see someone delurk, starrchild, welcome :)                    

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2003, 05:15:43 PM »
i'm Baaaaack from the dead!!! report is in the bag, i've slept the whole weekend and i'm back in business!!! about my suggestion (aerie/sola) plz note that i've not had every dialogue from sola even if i'm trying hard to.

any how i LOVE jan's dialogue!!

now one thing in general: maybe its me but... (i know how every one hates this word but...) i find most of these dialogues hetero oriented. i find it hard to see a gay PC in those. can't righly explain it.                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2003, 05:18:37 PM »
Good for you! *passes over some chocolate*

That is one of the difficult things with Sola, doing the dialogues unisex. But it can be done after all, just takes a bit more work :)

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2003, 05:46:07 PM »
I apologize for the hetero slant on Jan's dialouge but it was hard enough to think of gnomes having uhm... 'relations', period.

I used to be a big fan of dragon lance so when any of my friends talked about kenders reproducing I took a firm stance that kenders come from storks, they never had sex so there was no point of talking about it. I mean think about it.... Tasseloff having.... *refuses to think of it more*  :ph34r:

But with other banters I'm trying to keep it unigender. Trying. But at the very least I've gotten a male thief flirt and a female thief flirt. And the male thief flirt is more fleshed out than the female one.  :D

As for the 'blush' one, I never said blushing. I know lots of people who get mad and turn this awful red-purple color. But I liked the suggestion anyway. :)                    

Cibbwin

Interjection ideas
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2003, 06:15:41 PM »
/cheers at Sphira

Great work, Jan is my 2nd Favorite NPC, after Cernd!                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2003, 06:33:10 PM »
Why thank you very much. ^_^

*note to any passerby, I've added more options to the Viccy interjection for both the unigender comments and the male comments.*                    

Dashael

Interjection ideas
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2003, 09:15:34 PM »
Why thank you very much. ^_^

*note to any passerby, I've added more options to the Viccy interjection for both the unigender comments and the male comments.*
                   Well done Sphira, pretty much exactly what I had in mind, a clever and sharp jibe without being necessarily caring either way, well done :)                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2003, 11:03:55 PM »
Thanks, a .... second time? :)                    

starrchild

Interjection ideas
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2003, 11:52:32 AM »
I'm with Dashael on this one.. very nice job, Sphira!
 :)

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2003, 12:48:24 PM »
Thanks, a .... second time? :)
                   hey if you deserve it, and you are, its normal!!

Red

Interjection ideas
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2003, 01:04:01 PM »
*coughs embarrassedly as she de-lurks*

Ditto on the greatness but one small query about the Vic dialogue…. Isn't the phrase 'kid gloves' not 'kit gloves'?  It's possible that it's a cultural difference or something but I have to ask…please don't throw things at me!

Anyway it's really great, actually everything I've read here is…..
I'm hoping to kick my own muse into action and perhaps dabble in a little writing, though it is already over-worked keeping my poor addled mind afloat at work!

Umm…well that's it…

*sidles towards the door*

Niz

Interjection ideas
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2003, 02:14:49 PM »
I have to ask…please don't throw things at me
Tsuru only throws things at certain people, like me for example.  You're quite safe.  
*sidles towards the door*
You're welcome to stay around.  You can help yourself to most things around here with the exeption of Tsuru's heart-shaped box of plenty.  ;)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: