Author Topic: Interjection ideas  (Read 71360 times)

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2003, 02:20:55 AM »
:D                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2003, 03:10:48 AM »
*goes off in a giggle fit* Can always count on Hendryk :)

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2003, 03:18:14 AM »
Upon defeating the Chromatic demon:

Sola:  I never trained as an alchemist and I can almost comprehend an element of 'cold' in opposition to 'fire' but I confess that the concept of an element called 'slime' baffles me.  Such an oddity makes me wonder, CHARNAME.  Was the building of this place not under the exclusive charge of Helm?

PC1:  I don't know and don't care.  We've got a job to do here.//goto Sola2

PC2:  I share your bafflement.  Only one thing to do in such a case.  Let's go find out.//goto Sola3

PC3:  I don't know either and that irritates me.  So if you have nothing practical to say, please shut up.//end

Sola2:  Of course.  You could answer no other way, nor would I wish you to do so.  Let us proceed with it.

Sola3:  Boldness?  Rashness?  Terminal curiousity?  There are some things about you that I was evidently never meant to understand.

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2003, 03:51:54 AM »
Hendryk's on a roll! :D

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2003, 04:45:26 AM »
Hendryk's on a roll! :D
                   Actually, Hendryk is replaying WK for the first time in awhile and taking notes on his grumbles therein.                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2003, 04:50:03 AM »
Actually, Hendryk is replaying WK for the first time in awhile and taking notes on his grumbles therein.
                   Well, keep grumbling :) That's one way to stir the muse I guess!

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2003, 05:18:37 AM »
insperation comes from experience!! i've always said it!! (one of the resons i'm not that inspired for flirts :D )                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2003, 03:41:17 AM »
Not always. Experience is handy, but the mind can be very inventive :)

Athena

Interjection ideas
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2003, 10:23:10 AM »
You're both right. *nods*                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2003, 12:51:21 AM »
*nudges so the muses remember this one is here*                    

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2003, 03:59:27 PM »
Imoen’s reaction to the PC’s relationship with Sola. Re-done because flirting is explained. :)

Imoen
C’mere Uncle Sola, we’ve gotta have a little heart to heart, okay? -] A

Sola
A] Should I be afraid to ask Imoen? -] B

Imoen
B]I said get over here, not very tall, dark, and brooding. Out of {CharName}’s hearing range. -] C

Solaufein
C] Is there any reason why we can't talk about this closer to the group? -] D

Imoen
D] Well, let’s just say I’m not the brightest ball in the toy chest but I -know- when something is up with my {sister/brother}. -] E

Solaufein
E] There’s nothing wrong with {CharName}, is it? -] F

Imoen
F] Nah, {he/she}’s doing just fine, better than fine. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to be playing the big brother roll here for just a moment...
{If Sarevok is in the party} -] G
{If PC is female} -] H1
{If PC is male} –] I1

Imoen
G](Whispers.) After all we both know I’m certainly more pleasant to deal with than Sarevok, even if he did care about his sibling’s love lives. (Rolls her eyes.)
{If PC is female} -] H1
{If PC is male} –] I1

Imoen
H1] I’ve noticed that my sister’s never played so well with the boys during her life so I’m thrilled to death to see her react so well to you! Sure, I’m a bit surprised that {CharName}’s fancying a drow, no offense.
~
We surfacers have this thing against drow, we really aren't too keen about getting killed by them so we decided that all drows are bad to protect ourselves. But then again... she... all Bhaalspawn are outcasts... and you certainly are. It's natural she'd be attracted to you. -]H2

Solaufein
H2] I see. -] H3

Imoen
H3] But I just wanted to let you know I'm thrilled to death you two love each other. What I've been through... It was tough, but {CharName} has gone through the same thing and more than I have. She *needs* you. -]J

Imoen
I1] {If PC is Male} I had excepted my brother to like... well... girls. (Apologetic smile.) But I’m glad he’s actually starting to have feelings for someone in his life so it really doesn’t matter to me if it's a guy or a girl. -] I2

Solaufein
I2] I suppose that's a rather good thing, wouldn't it? -] I3

Imoen
I3] Of course! But you don't have to worry about the fact you're both guys. Pfeh, I think that's going to be the furthest from anyone's mind. They're going to have problems with you being a drow. (The mage frowns slightly.) -] I4

Solaufein
I4] (He chuckles.) That is ... reassuring. -]I5

Imoen
I5] But I want to know I'm very happy for you two. I'll get over the fact I'll never have nieces or nephews to name me after... wait, you can adopt! Okay, now I have hope my name shall go down in history for all time! (She grins at Solaufein and suddenly hugs him.) Welcome to our screwball family! -] J

Imoen
J] (Her cheerful face suddenly becomes dangerous.) Now... if you EVER break {CharName}’s heart, just know Stoneskin won’t save you from my wraith! I know more magic than you do. -] K

Solaufein
K] (Smiles.) I wouldn’t dream of it, Aunt Immy. -] L

Imoen
L] Hey! Find *your* own material!

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2003, 04:06:51 PM »
*applauds*

I think the increase in your naughty stats has encouraged your muse, Sphira! ;)

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2003, 04:07:31 PM »
:lol: *claps* an other one for sphira!

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2003, 04:12:41 PM »
*Blushes!* Thank you. ^_^

I think I have three more interjections in mind so far now... Keldorn, Edwin, and Valygar. Valygar is going to be the fuuuun one.  *eg*

Userunfriendly

Interjection ideas
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2003, 05:23:09 PM »
"I think I have three more interjections in mind so far now... Keldorn, Edwin, and Valygar. Valygar is going to be the fuuuun one. *eg* "

will he be jelous???

i personally get rid of vaygal asap....

actually i sell off his body...hehehhehehhe....

(if ya do the planar sphere, and if ya is a blatant cheeser...try this...this has been reported to not work sometimes....first, pickpocket tolgariousat the gov district, get ring of ram #1...then, after you whack the illusionist in valgal's house, kill him....

use the body to open up the sphere, and then go back to gov district, sell the body and get ring of ram #2...go to the sphere, and kill tolgarious....for ring of ram #3)

so in my party, valgal is worth more dead than alive...hahahhahhaha...

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2003, 11:23:13 PM »
Aerie's interjection to the romance. This one really stinks. -_-; Need help.

I w-wish to speak to you, {CharName}. In fact, I j-just want to speak to you about something, if I may?
- Of course Aerie, what's on your mind? -] A
- (Sighs.) You know how to pick the times, don't you Aerie. What is it? -] A

A] I-I've noticed that Solaufein is getting rather close to you... are you n-not comfortable with that?
- Why shouldn't I be? -] B
- I would hope so he's getting close to me! (You laugh.) We've become lovers, I think that's supposed to happen. -] C

B] Well, the matter of the fact is that he's a d-drow... and he's not as bad as some drow, he is still a drow. And I'm worried for you {CharName}.
- Aerie, I love Solaufein, it doesn't matter what he is.. I thank you for your concern however. -] D
- That's none of your business Aerie. -] E

C] W-what!? But [CharName]... he's a drow and you're a [PcRace]! -] F
[If the PC's an elf] -] C1
C1] An elf! D-drow and elves despise one another! -] G

D] You do...? That's...but, he might hurt you. {If Pre-Vamp} He *has* hurt you!
- Sometimes I find pleasure in a little bit pain. (You smile wickedly.) -] H
- And I know I've hurt him, to. Things will work out. -]E

E] I'm just worried for you, t-that all! Just... be careful?
- Close it Aerie, the discussion has ended. -] J
- I will. (Sighs.) -end-

F] E-everything about your relationship with Solaufein seems *wrong* to me!
- I never asked for your approval Aerie. This discussion is over. -end-
- It's not wrong Aerie, okay? I know what society thinks of this but society doesn't care about the fact Solaufein is a wonderful man. He makes *me* happy. -] I

G] D-drows and elves together? That's... impossible!
- Drow and elves come from the same origins and was once the same people, Aerie. -]E
- Aerie, leave us alone in our evil hedonistic ways, all right? -] J

H] {CharName}! (She shivers.) Oooh! You're just s-s-sick! -end-

I] If you think that… I-I ‘m still worried, though. -end-

J] Humph. You needn't be so rude about it! -end-

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2003, 05:37:35 AM »
i can't see anything i might want to add. maybe a line from sola?

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2003, 05:57:06 AM »
I think you might give it a little more focus if Aerie isn't expressing just a general concern about Sola's being a drow.  Maybe she could point out that all drow males are trained to *seem* nice, obedient, attentive, charming, etc. but that this is a mask they are used to wearing.  Behind it, he could be plotting to use the PC to carve out a sadistic surface realm of his own or even re-enter the Underdark for revenge or conquest.  In reply, the PC could point out that she (meaning Aerie) *could* be plotting revenge on all humans for the loss of her wings - but that the PC doesn't believe such nonsense for a second - about either Aerie or Sola, because of how they behave more than what they say.

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2003, 03:19:14 PM »
*takes notes and starts to revise* Thanks Hendryk and Cursed :)

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2003, 03:23:50 PM »
In reply, the PC could point out that she (meaning Aerie) *could* be plotting revenge on all humans for the loss of her wings
i'd have sola use that remark.  

kozand

Interjection ideas
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2003, 05:54:17 PM »
I don't agree witth Hendryk in this.

If Aerie is reacting to Sola romance because of romance conflict her over reaction may sound normal.

I know Aerie is a naive character but she is learning. So no Hendryk, making Aerie react like that only would add negativity to her. She cannot be soo naive afterall.

My suggestion dear Sphira is that u don't make Aeire act fanatical...

Aerie could be shocked and ask questions but when PC explains her she might be more understanding. Kinda "so this how u think and it might be possible, why not it is love attitude." Or I too positive about Aerie?

But i liked PCs answers. humorous because i did not suggest u lecture.

some examples

J] Humph. You needn't be so rude about it! But she also suspects u tease her while providing a broder perspective. and she becomes angry like a child who is dominantly lectured by her big sister. This taints her anger with semi -cheerful reaction and she cannot help but smile a bit. -end-

H] {CharName}! (She shivers.) Oooh! You're just s-s-sick!  horror strikes her face and she suddenly became aware u were just kidding if it was a bit cruel. But however she tries otherwise, she cannot solve this terrorizing moral drama interjected by u in her secluded life style. -end-

Of course i just provided u syntax Sphira, u can rewrite sentences and add some descriptors on your own. Or u may not want to include them but u can change your general aproach so to speak. :)

I apologise for quite possible grammar mistakes. These fonts are too small and i can't see very well what i type!

as for Imoen.. LMAO! perfect hahaha! I nearly would prefer them be gays because that option is so funny!

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2003, 09:09:53 PM »
*unleashes UU and his interjection ideas*

There we go :)

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2003, 09:28:31 PM »
I don't agree witth Hendryk in this.

As far as the specific reaction goes, I'd say you're probably right; sounds more like something Viccy might say than Aerie.  I was just guessing that the banter might flow a little easier if Aerie had something specific to grump about rather than just a general mistrust of drow.

Userunfriendly

Interjection ideas
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2003, 12:19:28 AM »
interjection idea (sola plays the wise riddle master...) number one...

basically, in case you havent followed the conversation in the dialog suggestion thread, i think it would be way cool and completely appropriate for sola, who has int 18, for him to advise to charname on intellectual challenges the party faces...its so like the personality we already know him as for him to advise the pc with his insight, he likes to contribute to the party, as he does if you encounter firky with sola in the party, he offers tactical advice, so it just made sense to me that he would offer riddle or puzzle solving advice...

like in the shade lord's dungeon, if you have sola in the party, he should offer advice when you talk to the statue of amundator....

sola: charname, i think i understand...this is a test of faith, the statue holds a relic of the holy presence that built this place, and as its guardian it will only release the relic to the faithful, and to prove that we are of the faithful, we must recite the tenants of the faith correctly, or it will punish us....may i suggest we bypass the statue for now and search the other rooms we may enter for books and scrolls that will offer us clues to the correct answers?  I must confess i am not eager to find out for myself the nature of the "punishment" this statue will visit on the impious...

response 1: thank you, my friend (sweetie if in romance)...i had come to the same conclusion, but it is reassuring that you agree with me...

response 2: keep your mouth shut and sword ready, i brought you with me for brawn, not your lackwit mind....more fighting and less talking is how i prefer you...

in the same dungeon, in the room of letters..

sola: charname, be very careful...i recognize this room, this is much like the trapped treasure rooms of the temples of lolith in the underdark...you must  be very careful...the room is trapped, if you step on certain tiles the magics in the room will punish you with a powerful spell, you must step only on "safe" tiles....in the underdark, you must step on the tiles scribed with letters in a certain sequence, a sequence that spells out the secret name of the spider goddess, known only to her hand maidens...in this place i would hazard a guess you must step on the tiles in sequence spelling out the name of the god of this place...

response 1: thank you my friend...i fear i am a bit old to play hopscotch, as i did with imoen in my youth, but i shall try my best...

response 2: zip it, drow boy...

sola: hopscotch?? what is that, my friend( or love)  

pc: its a game i played as a children, you draw up a grid of squares with letters in each square, and by jumping from letter to letter, you spell out words from a song your playmates sing out...

sola: amazing, on the surface even children's games are useful for the adventuring profession...how serendipitous....

pc: its not quite that, my friend...its just a child's game, one that children enjoy playing, tho i remember imoen cheating outrageously, making up words that were almost impossible to spell out, because the letters were so far apart i could not possibly jump them....lets get back to the buisness at hand, shall we???

if imoen is in party: i did not cheat, its just that you have always had a smaller vocabulary than i did...i betya you dont even know what serendipitous means, betya, betya???

pc kisses imoen on forehead, and gives her a quick hug...

in the unseeing eye...at the bridge with beholders on the other side...

sola: i think that the first riddle is meant to be a metaphor, what is the most common metaphor people use for a journey??? the journey that begins with our birth and ends with our death??? (life)

sola: i think the second riddle is a hint that the most precious thing in our existance is something that at the beginning of our lives, we seem to have endless supply of, but at the twilight of our lives, we begrudge every bit of it that we have wasted, and we take desperate measures to aquire mor of....(time)

sola: what journey are we travelling here and now?  what path are we trodding with our steps right now???(current one)

i dont have soa installed, so i cant look at the raw dialog, so if the weidu chikkas with idu (infinity dialog utility) will look at the raw dialog and wish to make changes so the interjections will read and work better, please do...

you guys like????

Userunfriendly

Interjection ideas
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2003, 12:27:13 AM »
me had another good idea... its been a while since i played watchers keep, so i cant remember if sola has interjections in the teleport maze, he should actually have interjections in the teleport maze...

sola: charname, what is this power shimmering on my skin, like the very air is pregnant with power, i advise strongly that no spells should be cast by any member of the party lest the dwoemers of this place twist and warp the incantations to our harm and hurt...

(wild magic room)

sola: charname, my powers are gone!!! i cannot remember any of the spells i have memorized last night in this place, i can cast nothing in this room...i pray to elestree that once we leave this room my powers will return...

(dead magic room)

you guys like???

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: