Author Topic: Dialogue ideas  (Read 92288 times)

Userunfriendly

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2003, 03:40:49 AM »
me like chinchilla dialog!!!

user does happy bunny hop!!!

meow rowl....purr...

and athena has gotta point...that is the sorta thing the imoen romance mod does...

in fact, the imoen romance mod, one of the most pivital moments starts with imoen taking her boots off, filling it with crystal clear lakewater, freezing cold, and dousing you in the face while you were sleeping...

i guess its different if the romance interest is a girly girl...

in fact, i could just see athena casting fireball at this point...or polymorph other, or contagion spell...icky...suphurating sores...ugh...

:rolleyes:  :D  :P  

user goes back to bunny hop dancing in celebration of fun and cool chinchilla dialog...

hey, wouldnt it make a lot of sense for sola to not understand the idea of pets???

sola: so, charname, i noticed that little surface animal poking its head out of your pack...what is it??

pc: well, its my familiar...a little (familiar type), i thought you knew what a familar is since you are a spell caster, like i am...

sola: oh of course, please pardon me...i was just a little confused since last night i saw you pull that little animal out of your pack, and you were stroking it and cuddling it like...well...(blush) like a lover, while making nonsense sounds to it, and feeding it from your own hands...

pc: oh my...how sweet, youre jelous...hehehheh...i was treating it like a pet...i mean i know a mage's familar is suppose to work for its keep, like a servant, but i am powerful enough so that my familiar is more  like a pet than a servant...look, (holds familar up to sola) isnt it just so cute????

sola: erm, my friend, what is a pet??

pc: oh my....a pet is a small animal you pick up and take with you that you are responsible for, that amuses you with its antics, and that you can cuddle and hold and stroke when you are feeling lonely, and that generally comforts you just by being with you...

sola: i see...yet another idea that will take some time for me to get used to, i think..in the underdark, the only familar you were allowed to have is a spider, and in reality they were all spies for lolith...i myself have had over 5 familiars while i was training to be a mage, and in each case i had to slay them myself lest they betray me to the handmaidens of my interest in lady elestree....( this would explain sola's low con scores...)

pc: im sorry solafein....i simply did not understand...my familiar is named gwendolyn...(or sapphire....ya like???) and i have had her for some time now..she helped a lot when i was first starting out...but these days, all she does is curl up in my pack, and makes amusing comments....and eat herself plump, the poor dear...

now this conversation could lead to pc advising sola after meeting the chinchilla that the chinchilla could make a great pet...

IF~~THEN BEGIN sample 14
SAY~(Soluafein looks a little speechless, as if he's contemplating on what to say next.) What should I do with him?
IF~~THEN REPLY~Keep petting him of course. The little guy really seems to like you.-END

pc: sola, remember how you were curious about the surfacer custom of keeping pets?? why dont you adopt the little bugger, and keep it as your pet???  it really seems to like you very very much, and look at its cute and fuzzy wuzzy face...aaaawww...how sweet, see how it leans into your strokes of its fur???

sola with a rather strangely gentle and soft expression on his face: yes, i do seem to feel remarkably relaxed while stroking this little animal....

imoen pops out of a bush where she has been hiding, listening to every word....: hey, whats going on??  aaaawwww....look at the little cute fuzzy wuzzy chinchilla...I WANT IT, GIVE IT TO ME!!!

pc: imoen!!! solafein found it, and he gets to decide if he wants to keep it first!!!

imoen starts bawling: i want it....

solafein: there, there, dont fret, imoen is just being a baby...you just snuggle here, against me, and just ignore imoen...

imoen carefully winks at you....

hey, sappire, i am not trying to hijack the idea away from you, this is just  a suggestion, and hopefully this will inspire more chinchilla dialog..you like???

Athena

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #326 on: April 06, 2003, 04:03:29 AM »
and athena has gotta point...that is the sorta thing the imoen romance mod does...

in fact, the imoen romance mod, one of the most pivital moments starts with imoen taking her boots off, filling it with crystal clear lakewater, freezing cold, and dousing you in the face while you were sleeping...

i guess its different if the romance interest is a girly girl...

in fact, i could just see athena casting fireball at this point...or polymorph other, or contagion spell...icky...suphurating sores...ugh...
I've played the Imoen romance...it was fun.

However, I played it with an entirely different PC then I play the Sola mod with, and as I recall Imoen didn't throw that water on the PC right after the PC had had a nightmare. Timing is critical. :) Neither I nor my PC would take kindly to essentially hearing, "Gee, I'm sorry you had a nightmare about a traumatic part of your past, honey! Tell ya what, I'll take you out of your warm bed, drop you in an icy lake, laugh, and run away. Will that make you feel better?"

And no, I wouldn't cast Contagion or Fireball on someone for dumping me in the lake...(unless I was wearing something that became transparent when wet, and there were a lot of people around). Polymorph Other is entirely a possibility...but it's much more likely I'd use something like Morte's Litany of Curses. ;)

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2003, 09:12:18 AM »

And no, I wouldn't cast Contagion or Fireball on someone for dumping me in the lake...(unless I was wearing something that became transparent when wet, and there were a lot of people around). Polymorph Other is entirely a possibility...but it's much more likely I'd use something like Morte's Litany of Curses. ;)
hehe *note to self: forget the lake plan on wedding night* :D  

SapphireDragon

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2003, 09:12:23 AM »
OOhh! I love it!!   :lol:  Its perfect and It sounds like something Sola+Immy would say (especially Immy..)  Thankyou :;hugs UserUnfreindly  ^-^ :: ..... Though that does make me think what should the chinchilla's name be?
hm..Thankyou again for the inspiration I'll start another dialogue.  Though any suggestions for the name would be helpfull. :)

Oh and killer uh..mabey you could change the ending so the pc ends up pulling Sola in with her??( I dont know..just trying to keep the ending close to the orignal)  

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2003, 09:22:46 AM »
is there a drow equivalent to "cute"?

kozand

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2003, 09:47:35 AM »
cute? i dunno drow are cruel.

Well Chinchilla dialogue needs neutralism toward genders i think. Not woman but [LADYLORD] ect.

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2003, 09:56:48 AM »
cute? i dunno drow are cruel.
thats why i asked. if the chinchilla is to be given a name, it should come from drowish.  

Userunfriendly

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2003, 02:30:57 PM »
OOhh! I love it!!   :lol:  Its perfect and It sounds like something Sola+Immy would say (especially Immy..)  Thankyou :;hugs UserUnfreindly  ^-^ :: ..... Though that does make me think what should the chinchilla's name be?
hm..Thankyou again for the inspiration I'll start another dialogue.  Though any suggestions for the name would be helpfull. :)

Oh and killer uh..mabey you could change the ending so the pc ends up pulling Sola in with her??( I dont know..just trying to keep the ending close to the orignal)
"thats why i asked. if the chinchilla is to be given a name, it should come from drowish. "

nnnaaaahhh...

sola: may i have a moment of your time, charname?

pc: of course, my friend...

sola: this is so trivial, yet i confess to being "stumped" i believe that is the word...

pc: well, since we are not currently fighting for our lives against some gruesome demon from the netherhells, i think we got a little time for trivial problems...(grin)

sola: this is so trivial...i know that the custom of keeping pets usually involves naming the pet...i confess i am quite at a loss in naming my chinchilla....have you a suggestion?

pc: why not give it a drowish name, one that pleases you?

sola: well, i think that would be a step backward, my home is the surface world now, and i think it appropriate my pet should have a surface name...the surface world is still much a puzzle to me, but beautiful, so beautiful...like you, my (whatever endearment or friend) in fact, just like this wonderful little creature...

imoen quipps up...: how about naming it "imoen"?  i mean it is incredibly cute and wonderfully cuddly, and so smart and wise and wonderful in every way....hehhehehheh

pc: imoen, as appropriate as that name is for this little creature, i think it might cause a little confusion, to have two imoens in the party...(one is quite a handful as it is...hehehheh)

sola: so, may i ask how you came up with gwendolyn as the name of your familiar...

pc: (blush) well, its the first girl i ever kissed...(if pc is female) i did mention i did not restrict myself to one sex when i was younger, didnt i??? (if pc is male) this was before i discovered men....

user: this is kinda icky, and why i only seem to get inspired for stuff like familars and non romantic dialog...back to the conversation...

sola: i see, well, that wont work for me, since phaere is not a pleasant memory for me, and if i name it charname, the same confusion would apply...

pc: well, how about sapphire??? (in honor of you, sapphire!!!!! no other name is possible or worthy!!!!) for its little bright blue shining eyes...how lovely...

sola: i like that name, tho i was thinking of your eyes...my (friend or endearment)

imoen: hey, come here, sapphire honey...(waves near the chinchilla a piece of honeycomb from breakfast) come to aunty imoen....

the chinchilla rather quickly deserts sola's lap, scampers up to imoen's lap, and crunches the honey comb, with a blissful rapture on its face...

pc: well, barring imoen seducing your pet away from you, i think you have a new friend...my friends, may i present sapphire, the newest addition to our little party...and already adept at wriggling its little self into our hearts...just like imoen...hehehhehhe

korgan: well, given the nature of the sissies and pansys that already make up this little troop of wannabes and cowards, i think the little walking fur coat is gonna fit right in...harharhar...

edwin: ghastly, another useless addition to an already useless party...why oh why did i ever condescend to join this simian band of sub primates is beyond belief...(tho i do admit the drow and charname are at least half way competant...at least once they were graced with my thoughts and orders)

viconia: well, jaluk, i see you are becoming rather acclimated to the banalities of surface life, even to the extent of picking up strays and useless mouths to feed....

pc: you mean just like you, viconia?

viconia: had i even the slightest suspicion that you were even a little serious, i would leave you now, and good riddance...as it is, i will admit your timing is getting better, though the quality of your insults needs much improvement...

pc: why thank you, viccy, its so reassuring to have such an accomplished teacher of the cut down and verbal backhands to correct me in such an important skill (smirk)

aerie: ooooohhhh...sapphire is such a cute name, you little fuzzy wuzzy cutie...(scampers off to the supply bag for more honeycomb) here, you cutie pie,   are you hungry???

little sapphire scampers from imoen's lap to aerie's, with a blissful expression on its face, grabs the honeycomb, and scampers back to sola for a stroking.

sola: well, my little friend's mercenary tendencies aside, i think she likes me, and wants to stay...

jahiera: hmmmphh...it goes against nature for wild beasts to be made into lap pets...but i do admit it is quite disarmingly cute, and very lovable....

you like, sapphire ???

:D  :P  :rolleyes:  :)  

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2003, 02:44:08 PM »
i do. the dialogue, but the name? not sure

Userunfriendly

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2003, 02:57:42 PM »
or we could even have choices...

my proposed list....

sola: well, i do admit i have some thoughts, here are the names i was thinking of...

1) sapphire
2) sphira
3) tsuru...

pc: well, i like sapphire...

hey, its kinda cool to "autograph" the mod additions by choosing a appropriate name...

:rolleyes:  :)  :P  :D  ;)  

Athena

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2003, 03:08:48 PM »

hehe *note to self: forget the lake plan on wedding night* :D
*snicker*
cursed, if you plan to dump me in the lake, I advise you to get your dances first. ;)

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2003, 03:20:18 PM »
hehe don't worry. that was NEVER my intention

kozand

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2003, 03:28:15 PM »
The dialogue is wonderful UU. Just adapt to Sola-BG2 style a bit and done and done.

But chinchilla is Sapphire's creation so it is her call. BTW Chinchilla is already a good name. Why don't u call it just Chinchilla? It would be original.

Athena

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2003, 03:31:25 PM »
hehe don't worry. that was NEVER my intention
Oh, good. ;) I'd hate to have to drag you over to the Pillowfight and avenge myself in the middle of the festivities.

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2003, 04:02:24 PM »
promise. i won't be the one to cause trouble.  

kozand, do you call your pets, cat or dog? chinchilla could be nice but i do think we should find it a name.

Athena

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2003, 04:08:35 PM »
*grin* I didn't think you would be. Neither does Tsuru, for that matter.

And I have to agree...calling the chinchilla 'Chinchilla' isn't particularly original.

kozand

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2003, 04:41:51 PM »
well i speak turkish it sounds original to me...

of course i was having fun... sort of... :D

what i thought was a bit different. Sola is not a surfacer, for him calling a dog dog could be interesting.

:P

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2003, 04:48:27 PM »
maybe. but the name is a bit long. i mean even solafein becomes sola. and how would you like to name your pet Chichi?

kozand

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2003, 05:06:34 PM »
Chinchill? hahaha!  :lol:  

thecursed

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2003, 05:10:45 PM »
seriously. if we can't have a drowish name, why not elven. what would be the elven name for that kind of animal?

Userunfriendly

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2003, 06:21:34 PM »
"But chinchilla is Sapphire's creation so it is her call. BTW Chinchilla is already a good name. Why don't u call it just Chinchilla? It would be original. "

kozzy is right...(kozzy...hehehehhe)

its sapphiredragon's call, as she came up with the idea first...

chinchilla, i keep thinking of star trek the next generation, where data the android calls his cat "spot"

"The dialogue is wonderful UU. Just adapt to Sola-BG2 style a bit and done and done."

thanks...i did try to get a good sola style going, but i tried to make sola sorta a straight man in this little skit, since i think we are going for  a cutsy, comedy line, and the sola style as written by wes, is much more broody and philosophical...so i tried to imagine how sola would react in this slightly light hearted situation, and the best i could come up with was slightly baffled and bemused, and i think i did a credible baffled and bemused sola in this skit...

any suggestions to modification of this dialog would be completely ok, since all my suggestions are simply suggestions, as sapphiredragon "owns" the chinchilla dialog, and she gets the final edit rights...

chichi is pretty good,

maybe "kiki"????

hahhahhahah...

i still like sphira or tsuru...

:rolleyes:  :D  :P  :lol:

just dont use "bun-bun"

thats MY avatar name, and can only be used on sorceror-kensai-assassin-anti-paladin class....

heck, if the weidu chikka's really want to, i betya they could come up with a way to have the player type in the familiar's name....

now the real issue is

what quests will having the chinchilla initiate???
what powers will the chinchilla have???

will it behave like a regular familiar, so you can talk to it for advice and use its powers, or will it be able to do something all together different???

like it could poke its head out of sola's pack, and offer gratuitous (funny) advice???

or will it simply act like a standard ferret familiar????

which means it can pickpocket items for you, and once pickpocketed, it can carry drow items out of the underdark without having it disintegrate, or the rift device out of the temple sewers....

blackmamuth

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2003, 06:23:37 PM »
SOla: [Charname] might ask a question?

PC:-of course -go to 2
      -not Now soulafein -end-

2- I was wondering about the delicious food here in the surface

Pc-you are hungry soulafein?

sola: nay, thats not the question,i had observed last night supper and i would ask if you can teach me the basics about how to make an excellent banquet here in the surface.  
I'm not talking about burning something into an inedentifiable charcoal, i'm talking about some good meal

Pc- 1-Cook? ehmm... aahh... I can only cook charcoal also... -Go to 3
      2-Of course Soulafein, you will help me with it?               -go to 4
      3-ehh... are you criticising *MY* cooking skills?                -go to 5
      4-I'm sorry Soulafein, i won't teach you..

3- if that's so i can ask somebody else about it... maybe you can listen, you can never Learn too much -End

4- I will be honored charname about Learning from you the wonderful Art of Gastronomy- End

5- I would never do anything like that, [Charname] i found your cooking Skills a gift to the earth...

Imoen: [giggle], Your taste for Food is Somewhat Screwed Soulafein, [Charname] meatcake would force a troll to vomit... and i won't Talk about [Charname] kobold steak with blue sausage...

Korgan: aye, i would rather eat my axe before eating "something" that [Charname] Cooks

Jan: I was left without words at [Charname] Fried Turnip's

---->  insert Npc's comment here

Soulafein: but I really enjoyed all those delicattesen... -end-

what do you think?  please i'm no natural English Speaker, so don't beat me about some gramthical errors...

blackmamuth

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2003, 06:26:57 PM »
ehh, there should be some "charnames in between  "]" & "[" why it doesen't show????

Tsuru

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2003, 06:39:16 PM »
ehh, there should be some "charnames in between  ">" & "<" why it doesen't show????
Just an oddity of the boards, it won't do that for some reason.

Userunfriendly

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2003, 07:00:06 PM »
ehh, there should be some "charnames in between  ">" & "<" why it doesen't show????
Just an oddity of the boards, it won't do that for some reason.
i betya that

"[" and "]" are the way that html deliminates comments, like

";" for ini files with windows...hahhahahahahahha....

its funny, since obviously in weidu it is very important, and specifies a variable or macro???

hee hee... :D  :P  :rolleyes:  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: