Author Topic: APB: Weimer  (Read 5996 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
APB: Weimer
« on: February 11, 2003, 03:38:27 PM »
All Points Bulletin for Westley Weimer

Issued by: WWs
Date: 10 Feb 2003
Last known sighting: APE
Possible excuses for inactivity: Thesis, school, life, blah blah.
Wanted for: Entertainment, banter, Solaufein romance additions.

Things have been a bit busy of late. On Saturday my advisor got all of his graduate students together for an Indian dinner and general social afternoon. That was quite lovely and I was able to spend quite a bit of time with his adorable children. Unfortunately, they either wore me out completely or passed along the latest elementary school sniffle to me, because I was down for the count Sunday and Monday. This morning I had a dental appointment that went on for two and a half hours (largely a result of (1) my resistance to novacaine and (2) my tendency to faint around needles). Hopefully by the end of the day I'll be able to feel the right side of my face again.

Things on the Solaufein docket: incorporate master wraith dialogue submission, add anonymous banter, keep an eye on the flirt crew, etc.

In unrelated news: my mother seems pleased with her copy of Amy Unbounded.

Recent thoughts: Is it more loyal to follow someone when she appears to be wrong (assuming that she knows something you do not, perhaps) or to offer corrections (because you want to do everything possible to ensure success)?

Anyway, I'm alive. You can call off the mounties. :-)                    

Kiki

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 03:56:23 PM »
(largely a result of (1) my resistance to novacaine and (2) my tendency to faint around needles).
Wouldn't (2) solve the problem posed by (1)?

Recent thoughts: Is it more loyal to follow someone when she appears to be wrong (assuming that she knows something you do not, perhaps) or to offer corrections (because you want to do everything possible to ensure success)?
I would ask her about the issues I was concerned about, and then offer corrections if still appropriate.

Anyway, I'm alive. You can call off the mounties.
Too late. They should be showing up any minute now.                    

[!--EDIT|Kiki|Feb 11 2003, 07:21 PM--]

L_Jonté

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 05:48:29 PM »
Anyway, I'm alive. You can call off the mounties. :-)
Glad to hear you're alive Wes.  Pity about the Mounties though, those red coats just make me swoon.   B)                    

Kiki

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 07:21:20 PM »
Pity about the Mounties though, those red coats just make me swoon.
                   I'll keep that in mind for the next time you're MIA.                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
[img]http://www.mrks.org/~viridian/ds-fraser.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image']

Swoon I tells ya, swoon!                    

Tsuru

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 08:29:37 PM »
Ach, where *does* she find those men?

Michel

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 09:02:05 PM »
[img]http://www.mrks.org/~viridian/ds-fraser.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image']

Swoon I tells ya, swoon!
                   Hmmm, I see a red shirt trusting his life to a dog..... Pretty but he's a no brainer.  B)  :P  :lol:  :ph34r:  :o  :P                    

Sphira

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 09:29:10 PM »
Things on the Solaufein docket: incorporate master wraith dialogue submission, add anonymous banter, keep an eye on the flirt crew, etc.

Yay! He's alive! Glad things are good! Can't wait to see what you've got. :D

I'd... offer corrections but not in public, goodness knows. Hmm... maybe take the said person to the side and do gentle suggestions?

L_Jonté

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 09:29:45 PM »
Mock not Due South.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 09:31:06 PM »
Mock not Due South.
                   Who's mocking? He's cute ;)

L_Jonté

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 09:32:57 PM »
Michel be mocking.  There will be no mocking of the mock mounty.

Note to Wes: Conversations like this one are why we should probably have a "general" folder.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 09:34:11 PM »
Michel be mocking.  There will be no mocking of the mock mounty.

I guess I haven't thwapped him enough lately.                    

japheth

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 10:25:22 PM »
Due South is a great show. :)

If you like Paul Gross, you should check out Men With Brooms.  A classic Canadian film. :)                    

Kiki

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2003, 11:42:59 PM »
add anonymous banter
                   What is this about?                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2003, 08:46:22 AM »
If you like Paul Gross, you should check out Men With Brooms.  A classic Canadian film. :)
                   I will, thanks!                    

Kismet

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2003, 09:47:41 AM »
My husband saw that movie and pronounced it "lame".   His beef with the movie was that they were "really, really, really bad curlers and they're supposed to be really good", so if you don't know good curling from bad then that probably wouldn't bother you.  Oh, and yes he's Canadian and yes, he curls (or used to at least....apparently it's not as much fun when you're not playing with your buddies).                    

[!--EDIT|Kismet|Feb 12 2003, 11:19 AM--]

L_Jonté

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 10:44:42 AM »
Curling...?  :huh:                    

Kismet

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 10:49:28 AM »

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 01:49:57 PM »
I don't mind off-topic convos, but if they're bothering you I can ask Wolfy for another forum.

The anonymous banter is a bit of banter that was sent to me anonymously.

Trust me, I'm not feeling guilty. However, every time I smile my cheeks hurt. Makes you realize how much time you spend smiling ...

Finally, even I think the Due South guy (Frasier?) is kinda swoon-worthy. However, I was never fond of the dog.                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 04:12:23 PM »
http://duenorth.net/sfgranite/curlingexplained.html
                   Ah!  Thanks.  I have seen this curling after all.  I just didn't know what it was called.                    

L_Jonté

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 04:17:46 PM »
I don't mind off-topic convos, but if they're bothering you I can ask Wolfy for another forum.

"Bother isn't the right word really.  I just think that your forum is expanding and that some of the digressions might be better off in a seperate folder.  Just my opinion.

Finally, even I think the Due South guy (Frasier?) is kinda swoon-worthy. However, I was never fond of the dog.

No, the dog is not at all swoon-worhty.   :P                    

Kiki

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 04:28:10 PM »
I think off-topic conversations are just another manifestation of the law of entropy. In the immortal words of Bart Simpson: can't win, don't try.

The anonymous banter is a bit of banter that was sent to me anonymously.
Ah, so it's not a situation where it's pitch black and Solaufein has to guess who's whispering sweet nothings in his ear?

However, every time I smile my cheeks hurt. Makes you realize how much time you spend smiling ...
... or how much time you've been spending in the dentist's chair.

Michel

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2003, 11:28:32 AM »
I get the hint... :blink:                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: