Author Topic: UD Solaufein VS Ascension final battle  (Read 2334 times)

Michel

UD Solaufein VS Ascension final battle
« on: February 09, 2003, 05:40:55 PM »
We had a nice discussion about Undead Solaufein. I said that UD Sola could easely beat Ascension's final battle

Do you think that  Undead Solafein is capable of defeating Ascension?
He would join you the way Balthazar and Bodhi joins.
He'll fight against Balthazar and Bodhi and the Five and ultimatly Mellisan.

Edit:
Note that he wont be an actual partymember. He will act like an Ally just like Bodhi or Balth do                    

[!--EDIT|Michel|Feb 10 2003, 03:49 AM--]

Kish

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 06:07:41 PM »
Yes, there is a slight disagreement between Michel and myself about whether Undead Solaufein could defeat the Ascension final battle all by himself...or whether he would quickly die.

Wes: It would be much appreciated if you could give us directions for making Undead Solaufein friendly to the PC, so that we could CLUAConsole him in and let him fight them to settle the question (while the PC stays out of the way).  (CTRL-Q won't work, as whether a version of Undead Solaufein under the player's control could beat the Five is entirely a different question from the one we came up with--which is whether Undead Solaufein, with his scripts, could beat them.)                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Feb 10 2003, 02:08 AM--]

Userunfriendly

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 08:24:48 PM »
living sola with moonray could do a good job on ascention, especially using g acuity and moonray blasts...use prot from magic weapons a lot, and even take advantage of undead sola tricks, like improved inv and spell immunity, and using lots of devices to augment his powers...mage fighters are absolutely evil and very powerful, and the moonray augments mage fighters very nicely....                    

Althernai

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 10:13:39 PM »
If I controlled him (and he had a +4 weapon or better yet, a +6 one), then certainly.

If you just gate him in "as is", he would lose. I fail to see how he could kill Mel, even if you did get rid of the rest of the Five.                    

Kish

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 11:04:39 PM »
The terms are as is, not with any added powers.  No Moonrays, no weapons except those he comes with normally, but all the scrolls he uses, the Revenge Spider summoning trick, etc.  Don't look at me, I'm the one who says he'd become a stain on the bottom of Yaga-Shura's boot--the three people who voted "yes" are the ones who think he'd have a chance.                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Feb 10 2003, 07:05 AM--]

alson

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 10:18:02 AM »
I'm on Kish's side, here. Undead Sola will lose. He'll be out of PfMW by the time Yaga's HP are about 60% or so... Without PfMW his not so hot.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 03:13:04 PM »
You'd probably have to edit solavamp.bcs and change all of the references from [PC] to [ENEMY], drop the line about not attacking ENEMYs, etc. That would make him attack the Five. Change Player1 to "Yagashura", etc. It could be done. But I'm with the rest of the world her:

Undead Sola on auto-pilot: loses to Ascension
Some Human playing Undead Sola (only! solo party!): defeats Ascension.                    

Kish

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 08:11:22 PM »
Some Human playing Undead Sola (only! solo party!): defeats Ascension.
                   Actually, Wes, unless you mean an alternate version of Undead Solaufein who's actually been through the rest of BG2 first, I would be very surprised if you could pull that one off.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: