Author Topic: Sola and flirts  (Read 57393 times)

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2003, 02:51:05 AM »
Oh dear.....pure evilness I tell thee!

Uh oh...:ph34r:

*muse is back*

;)
*curtsies* I hath never denied mine evilness and never will :P

Yeah, I do seem to have that effect on everyone but myself at times *grumbles and goes off to look for her own muse*

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2003, 02:57:27 AM »
Yeah, I do seem to have that effect on everyone but myself at times *grumbles and goes off to look for her own muse*

Still having trouble with Sola's four responces?

*curtsies* I hath never denied mine evilness and never will

The one time I didn't want my muse to wake up it does.  [_[ I was happy in glorifying the agony of finishing up all that college math.  ;)                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2003, 03:02:27 AM »
The one time I didn't want my muse to wake up it does.  [_[ I was happy in glorifying the agony of finishing up all that college math.  ;)
Hah, you're talking to *me*, remember? Don't even try fooling me *snicker*

Nah, I'm leaving those responses till tomorrow. There is much to do on the usual flirts, never mind the unusual ones ;)

(Besides which *someone* just gave me the most severe attack of the giggles I've had all day!)

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 3 2003, 02:03 AM--]

Userunfriendly

Sola and flirts
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2003, 03:17:51 AM »
the age thing has been done to death via kelsey, but i find the idea of the pc teaching sola what flirting is, trying to explain it conceptually so he finally understands something so utterly alien to his world view, and then teaching him how to flirt interesting and very very original...

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »
the age thing has been done to death via kelsey, but i find the idea of the pc teaching sola what flirting is, trying to explain it conceptually so he finally understands something so utterly alien to his world view, and then teaching him how to flirt interesting and very very original...
                   *is still wiping tears of laughter from her eyes*

Well, I don't really think it was overdone in Kelsey, and it *is* an issue with Sola if you're a race other than an elf, I'd think :)

Yes, the flirt teaching should be fun ;)

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2003, 03:49:43 AM »
                   Ahhh, perchance I will not have to do a Sola romance talk then?

*runs from Tsuru*                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

*runs from Tsuru*
                   Git back here, woman, you ain't getting off that easy *snicker*

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2003, 04:03:13 AM »

*runs from Tsuru*
Git back here, woman, you ain't getting off that easy *snicker*
                   Besides, it is not as if I'm good at writing flurts in any case. ;)

*ducks from the thwap probably heading her way*                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2003, 04:05:08 AM »
Besides, it is not as if I'm good at writing flurts in any case. ;)

*ducks from the thwap probably heading her way*
                   *puts her hands on her hips and taps her foot* We'll never know till you actually send me one, no?  :P

Besides, won't you need the practice? ;)

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2003, 07:16:09 AM »
Besides, won't you need the practice?
Yes she will, Neh'taniel is going to need some sooner or later too.  :P
*runs from Tsuru before he can be caught to write a flirt*                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2003, 01:59:24 PM »
*sighs* Maligned as usual. I am just trying to encourage creativity. I think I'll just go hide in some cozy corner the rest of the day :P

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2003, 02:15:23 PM »
*gives Tsuru a pen, some papers and her muse*
Hf with the flirts. :P                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2003, 03:12:56 PM »
I *knew* someone was kidnapping our muses :P

*goes back to her cozy corner to continue pouting over being so maligned*

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2003, 03:18:20 PM »
Kidnapping ? Do I really look that evil ?  :o Not my fault if I catch it running away from you and bumping into me without looking.   B)

*goes back to her cozy corner to continue pouting over being so maligned*
Is it something I said ? *tries to look innocent*                    

Dashael

Sola and flirts
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2003, 03:23:04 PM »
                   I think with the whole "hold my hand while I contemplate prophecy" banter, I don't think anyone needs to explain flirting to Solaufein. He could use some pointers on the finer points maybe, but he certainly has the concept down.                    

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2003, 03:26:28 PM »
Not necessarily, in the books and ancient writings he could have read from the surface there would be pointers to it sure enough, but it is close to never explained in detail because everyone of the surface world knows what flirting is.  Drow however don't know the basics of it so I doubt he would just need some of the finer points explained.                      

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2003, 03:30:31 PM »
With that in mind why not have Sola try to flirt, but do it clumsily? Then the PC can step in and show him a few pointers for next time.  ;)                    

[!--EDIT|Amazor'dra|Feb 3 2003, 03:44 PM--]

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2003, 03:37:36 PM »
Now there's a good idea, but how clumsy should he be ? Making a poetic attempt at it more or less as he always does when he tries to tell something or would he try to make it a little more personal and fail at finding the proper words ?                    

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2003, 04:47:02 PM »
Here is my clumsy excuse for a romance talk:
Sola: I was wondering [charname], of what our lives would be like if either of us were suddenly gone.
PC1a:   1a. Probably no different than it is now. [*goto Sola 1b*]
   2a. My guess is you’d eventually find yourself back in the Underdark.[*goto Sola 2b*]
   3a. Does this really matter?[*goto Sola 1b*]
   4a. I do not want to think about such depressing thoughts. [*goto Sola 3b*]

Sola 1b: Knowing your opinion on this matters a great deal to me. You have made a large impact in my life up till now, and I think of all that I may loose if I lost you. How different things would have been if I never met you is beyond simple poetry. [*goto PC2a*]

Sola 2b: Of all places to ever want to go back to, I doubt very much that I would ever go to the Underdark again willingly. The Underdark was never the place for me to be, I am now linked more closely to the road and your side then any claim the evil of the Underdark could ever make.[*goto PC2a*]

Sola 3b: Neither do I, but it is something that needs to be brought up eventually. A time may come that we wished to have shared our thoughts on this. [*goto PC2a*]
PC2a:   1c. I still do not understand why you wish to bring this up, it is not as if either of us are going to die in battle any time soon. I’m going to make sure of that![*goto Sola 1d*]
   2c. If you believe that talking about this is needful, then go right ahead.[*goto Sola 1d*]
   3c. Is this going to take long? Quests to finish and all that.[*goto Sola 2d*]
   4c. I really do not want to talk about this. [*goto Sola 2d*]

Sola 1d: It is not death in battle that I talk about, but of what will become of us once you grow old.[*goto PC4a*]
PC4a:   1e. I did not hear you include yourself in that ‘growing old’ part. [*goto Sola 1g*]
   2e. Death is a natural part of life, I do not see anything to fear about it when it comes to us. [*goto Sola 1g*]

Sola 2d: This will only take as long as you wish it to be. Though I would think– [*goto PC3a*]
PC3a:   1f. Must you think and worry all the time? There is nothing that needs to be brought up and talked about! [*goto Sola 1g*]
   2f. Hush! (You grab the front of his armored shirt and pull him closer to your height, kissing Solaufein just to keep the blasted drow quiet.) [*goto Sola 1h*]

Sola 1g: I see plenty to worry and fear about, there is a good chance that you will die from old age before me, and I do not know if I will be able to take such a passing.[*goto PC5a*]

Sola 1h: (The now flummoxed drow just peers at you as if he suddenly never seen you before, and he doesn’t seem to quite know how to take it, but at the very least he thought it wise to remain quiet.) [*END*]
PC5a:   1i. If I were to die before you, I would want you to live the rest of your life happy, it is not as if we could not be together once we meet in the after-life.[*goto Sola 1j*]
   2i. If such a time comes, I could always kill you before I die. We’ll still be together then, eh? So let us continue our journey. [*Sola 1h*]

Sola 1j: A small thing to hope for then, that once a time comes when either passes from this life into the after, that we will once again explore and travel together. [*goto PC6a*]
PC6a:   1k. Now you have me thinking of gloomy thoughts also, and what I would do if I did end up dying before you, my love. [*goto Sola 1L]*
   2k. (Sighs) Must we continue to think on these dark thoughts of yours? One way or another, no matter what can come between us, there is no reason to believe that we will not find each other again. [*goto Sola 2L*]

Sola 1L: Then we must be content to live in each moment together as if it could become our last, and  in this way time in our memories will be held at bay. I do not want to loose you, my love, and if I can think of a way so that we would never have to go through such a separation, I will use all that is within my power to do so. [*goto PC7a*]
PC7a:   1m. (Kiss him) If there is a way for us not to be separated, then I know that you will be able to find it, my dear Solaufein.[*goto Sola 1n*]
   2m. (Hug him) I do not want to loose you either, my love. So you better make sure you don’t die before I do![*goto Sola 1n*]
   3m. (Do nothing) [*END*]

Sola 1n: (His eyes widen in startlement, but he recovers quickly. Solaufein wraps his arms around you in a warm hug, murmuring something softly into your ear) I love you, [charname]. Having you in my life makes it that much more worth living and for you to suddenly disappear out of it.... I need you with me, my love, in this life and in any other. [*END*]

Not too horrible now, is it?  :ph34r:

EDIT: *sighs* some of it didn't copy over.  [_[                    

[!--EDIT|Amazor'dra|Feb 3 2003, 04:58 PM--]

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2003, 04:54:39 PM »
No not horrible, seems your muse is pretty much back in its normal shape and that's a good thing.  ;)                    

Hendryk

Sola and flirts
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2003, 05:09:55 PM »
Not too horrible now, is it?
                   No, very good in fact.  What's really cool is that you've worked it so that the PC can actually get several entirely distinct conversations out of this, depending on what choices are made.  That makes it a pleasure to read and certainly enhances the replay value.                    

Kiki

Sola and flirts
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2003, 05:34:51 PM »
Sola 1g: I see plenty to worry and fear about, there is a good chance that you will die from old age before me, and I do not know if I will be able to take such a passing.[*goto PC5a*]

[snip]

2i. If such a time comes, I could always kill you before I die. We’ll still be together then, eh? So let us continue our journey.
HA!

In general, it seems a little strange to be having what-shall-I-ever-do-without-you conversations in the early stages of a relationship. I would maybe add a bit of context like "wow, that last battle was a close call," or maybe this would be a good post-Ravager discussion as you leave the pocket plane for the last time (I believe that talk is currently missing from Sola's dialogue).

Some of Sola's proposed statements also don't jibe with Weimerfein's "hey, it's your decision about godhood" aloofness.

some of it didn't copy over.
This board seems to eat words like CharName when they're between a [ and a ]. And a tiny nit: it should be "lose," not "loose."

But all in all, a nice lovetalk. Good job.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2003, 05:47:47 PM »
And here she was trying to wriggle off the hook. Hah ;) Very good, Ama!

And as for you, Niz... c'mere.. I suspect you can write too, so stop the protesting :P

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 3 2003, 04:49 PM--]

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2003, 10:41:29 PM »
*threatens Niz with Bigsy's Crushing Pillow* I wanna see a flirt! :3 Even if it's something along the lines of. "Gee golly whizz, yer nifty! ^_^"                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2003, 02:14:37 AM »
Put that darn pillow back on Michel's thread where it belongs ;)

I don't know if I can see Sola being clumsy with words. The delicious drow does have a poem for every occasion after all. And Wes, my dear, unless someone decides to put poetry in the flirt they write, you'll have to add that yourself if you feel it's needed there ;)

Actually Niz, since you brought that point up...  :lol: *Hands Niz back the pen and paper, but keeps her muse*                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: