Author Topic: Sola and flirts  (Read 57395 times)

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2003, 01:48:40 AM »
This is what I'm thinking so far. The flirts will start out light, almost not really flirts at all, just accustoming, or teaching, Sola what flirting is. Letting him get more comfortable with the idea that there can be affection between him and the PC outside the bedroom. This could entail several choices on the flirts, or several levels of the flirts. And there's always the possibility (Yes, I'm stealing from Jason again, but he's used to that ;) ) that he may not respond as you'd think to a flirt, especially early on.

As to the explicit nature, I think we're pretty much all agreed that it shouldn't be extremely so, though maybe a naughty one or two could be put in? Hey, I'm a founding WW, what do you expect from me?  :P

I think we're making a good start here, everyone :)

Oh yes. This isn't written in stone, this is just the sense I've gotten from the posts so far :) I do think some of the ideas would be good as banter.                    

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Jan 31 2003, 01:06 AM--]

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2003, 10:42:03 AM »
Which is one of the reasons why I wouldn't mind seperate gender flirts. Women equal punishment in drow society and if a female PC did something VERY risque in the early relationship it SHOULD frighten him off. I'd think he'd be more comfertable flirting with a male PC, or at the least it wouldn't scare him quite as much.
He would be frightened of what might happen, but I think he would go along till he realises again that he's no longer among drow...  Old habits die hard and he has been in there for a long long time.  
(*sighs* I'm just too slow when it comes to posting)
Hmno I'm slower and I manage to keep up with the conversations more or less.  :P                    

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2003, 02:29:35 PM »
(*sighs* I'm just too slow when it comes to posting)
Hmno I'm slower and I manage to keep up with the conversations more or less.  :P
Oh dear, yet another bratty man....

::takes out Hammer of Thunderbolt Pillows +5 and gives Niz a good, electric thwap that leaves him crispy::

As to the explicit nature, I think we're pretty much all agreed that it shouldn't be extremely so, though maybe a naughty one or two could be put in? Hey, I'm a founding WW, what do you expect from me?

Oh, most definitely, but best saved at the end of the flirts. The ear dialogue of Sphira's would be a good middle ground.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2003, 02:47:47 PM »
Oh, most definitely, but best saved at the end of the flirts. The ear dialogue of Sphira's would be a good middle ground.
                   That's about what I was thinking :)

Anyone else got any flirts to share yet? Little hint on writing. They're not difficult as dialogue to my mind. You can have up to 4 reactions to your initial flirt, though 2 or 3 can also be done. 4 is best for the randomness though.                    

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2003, 04:33:07 PM »
Hmm I'd think Sphira's ear thingy more to the start.  Sola's response is more like that of someone that's unfamiliar with flirts so that suggests you haven't done a lot to him yet.  
::takes out Hammer of Thunderbolt Pillows +5 and gives Niz a good, electric thwap that leaves him crispy::
I'm the kind of conjurer that fries half his party with fireballs if it'll do more damage to the enemy, I'm getting used to being crispy.  :P
*looks at a prismatic blade spell scroll* Nah, I'm not that mean... I think...  [_[                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2003, 04:41:17 PM »
*swats Niz and sends him and his pillow to Michel's topic*

*ahem*  :rolleyes:                    

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2003, 05:30:46 PM »
*Crispy look at Tsuru*
The evidence of me not starting this is right in front of you. :P

Anyway I'll try to leave going off-topic to you as for what this post is concerned... good enough ? B)                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2003, 08:03:41 PM »
I think another idea to get us started is when the flirts should be 'enabled' I guess. My vote is after the golem/prophecy/hand holding chat. *nods*

Athena

Sola and flirts
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2003, 08:20:27 PM »
This is what I'm thinking so far. The flirts will start out light, almost not really flirts at all, just accustoming, or teaching, Sola what flirting is. Letting him get more comfortable with the idea that there can be affection between him and the PC outside the bedroom. This could entail several choices on the flirts, or several levels of the flirts. And there's always the possibility (Yes, I'm stealing from Jason again, but he's used to that ;) ) that he may not respond as you'd think to a flirt, especially early on.
I think this idea definitely works best. It allows for the fact that Sola in all likelihood has probably never been exposed to the idea of flirting before, and it allows for him to change as he becomes more comfortable with flirts, the PC, and his life on the surface.

As for timing, I have to agree with Sphira. Either after the prophecy talk or the dance seems like a good time to enable flirts.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2003, 09:48:56 PM »
Numberwise, the golem chat for Sola is between where flirts for Kelsey start and the ones for Morgan start. (Can't speak for the female NPC's, I don't play those romances). But you do get Sola later than either of them :) It does seem like a good place to start to me also. *goes to check files*

Oddly enough, looking at the file, the golem talk is the talk after where I'd put it to start, but that's easily changed. Now, once it's decided if there are to be two or three levels, the others can be decided.

Athena

Sola and flirts
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2003, 10:02:37 PM »
Okay. Anything I can do to help at the moment?                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2003, 10:06:45 PM »
Okay. Anything I can do to help at the moment?
                   Yes. Come up with a flirt or two  B)

*goes wandering off in search of her muse who should be perfectly delighted to have both the delicious drow and Morgan to work on*

Athena

Sola and flirts
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2003, 10:26:44 PM »
Hmm...flirts...flirts...I really wouldn't mind having the chance to say 'I love you.'
That's all I can think of for now, but I'll keep thinking about it.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2003, 10:29:18 PM »
Hmm...flirts...flirts...I really wouldn't mind having the chance to say 'I love you.'
                   Yes, that's one option on all the flirts :) We just need to figure out how Sola would react.. four ways ;)

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2003, 10:36:42 PM »
Yes, that's one option on all the flirts :) We just need to figure out how Sola would react.. four ways ;)
Maybe not your looking for exactly, but...

Option 1: The mushy responce.(ex. the 'I love you')

Option 2: The disgusted responce.(ex. 'Don't you DARE touch me like that again!)

Option 3: The surprised responce.(ex. Never saw *that* coming!)

Option 4: The indifferent responce.(ex. This is nothing new.)                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2003, 11:13:59 PM »
I know there are more lurkers out there reading this thread :) If you're too shy to post, or don't want your idea public, feel free to PM me. I don't bite, really.

Well, only under certain circumstances, but this isn't one of them ;)

Hendryk

Sola and flirts
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2003, 01:12:20 AM »
I hope *this* isn't one of those times.

PC initiates flirst by "Shyly slipping a Girdle of Class Change about Solaufein's lean waist."

Sola responds by randomly changing into a Blade, a Skald, a Jester or ...
A BARD!                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Feb 1 2003, 09:13 AM--]

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2003, 01:24:46 AM »
:lol: Michel must of taken over his mind! :P                    

[!--EDIT|Sphira|Feb 1 2003, 09:25 AM--]

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2003, 01:31:29 AM »
Eeeeek! Even *I* can handle only one Michel!

Hendryk, you evil man, c'mere ;)

Michel

Sola and flirts
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2003, 07:46:45 AM »
I hope *this* isn't one of those times.

PC initiates flirst by "Shyly slipping a Girdle of Class Change about Solaufein's lean waist."

Sola responds by randomly changing into a Blade, a Skald, a Jester or ...
A BARD!
                   I told you to get out of my head!!  :lol:  :P                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2003, 05:45:06 PM »
Naughty boys. Hmph. :P

For that, I want flirt ideas from you both  :lol:                    

Userunfriendly

Sola and flirts
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2003, 08:29:59 PM »
just for you blatant cheaters....

try sola as a kensai conjuror..

(yes it can be done....)

with moonblade and ray, he becomes a one npc nightmare, especially with d door... :lol:  :o  :D  :rolleyes:  :blink:

but yeah, i can see how some people who are into role playing think he should be a bard due to all the poetry he spouts at the drop of a axe...

but really folks....

a bard is suppose to spout doggerel and songs...

but sola does not do doggerel, he collects profound and meaningful verse...

so it actually makes him more realistic as a fighter mage, the mage part the touch of esoteric...and fighter, or warrior...

he simply follows the tradition of talesein, the warrior poet from arthurian mythos....

and the samurai traditions, where to be a true warrior and rounded person, a samurai must know caligraphy, poetry and music...

see????

it makes far far deeper sense for sola to remain fighter mage...

:P  B)  :)                    

Michel

Sola and flirts
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2003, 08:35:13 PM »
just for you blatant cheaters....

try sola as a kensai conjuror..

(yes it can be done....)

with moonblade and ray, he becomes a one npc nightmare, especially with d door... :lol:  :o  :D  :rolleyes:  :blink:

but yeah, i can see how some people who are into role playing think he should be a bard due to all the poetry he spouts at the drop of a axe...

but really folks....

a bard is suppose to spout doggerel and songs...

but sola does not do doggerel, he collects profound and meaningful verse...

so it actually makes him more realistic as a fighter mage, the mage part the touch of esoteric...and fighter, or warrior...

he simply follows the tradition of talesein, the warrior poet from arthurian mythos....

and the samurai traditions, where to be a true warrior and rounded person, a samurai must know caligraphy, poetry and music...

see????

it makes far far deeper sense for sola to remain fighter mage...

:P  B)  :)
                   Awww, you had a nice dream eh UU? :lol:  B)  :P  Too bad reality makes Sola a Bard :o  :P                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2003, 09:15:27 PM »
I think Michel has a thing for bards. :P                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2003, 09:19:45 PM »
But the whole topic is on flirts with Solaufien. Let's keep it at that. *ponders if it's universally accepted that Sola has longish hair or not* Yep, I'm that bored. :P                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: