Author Topic: Sola and flirts  (Read 57406 times)

Caedwyr

Sola and flirts
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2003, 08:36:19 PM »
Something that I like very much about the Forgotten Wars flirt packs, is the somewhat random nature of the responses.  You can frequently get different responses to the same flirt while not having progressed in the romance.  The reactions of the characters seem much more genuine, as they aren't following the 'click this flirt, for this response.'  

If a flirt option is included for Solaufein, then it would be nice if the same technique were used.                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2003, 08:37:51 PM »
If a flirt option is included for Solaufein, then it would be nice if the same technique were used.
                   That's the plan :) I think we're also getting some ideas that would be best as dialogue, which is also a good thing.                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2003, 08:52:08 PM »
*downloading said flirts as we speak for insperation/comparison* Well, hopefully the tactics will be the same as Forgotten Wars. I for one would like to see some -deeper- stuff in these flirts in the non-commited level.  But another factor is gender, too.   :blink:  This is gonna be fun. :P                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2003, 09:26:53 PM »
*downloading said flirts as we speak for insperation/comparison* Well, hopefully the tactics will be the same as Forgotten Wars. I for one would like to see some -deeper- stuff in these flirts in the non-commited level.  But another factor is gender, too.   :blink:  This is gonna be fun. :P
                   Yep, that it is :)

Now about some more options for the infamous ear flirt... *ducks and runs from Sphira*                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2003, 09:40:08 PM »
Uhm... *blushes* Once I get the sematics/workings of Kesley's flirts, you'll see more. Because I don't have a lot of ideas how the flirts occurces and such. *has an idea for another one* Of course it's more man handeling of our dear drow but this one certianly leads to more...                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2003, 09:42:31 PM »
Uhm... *blushes* Once I get the sematics/workings of Kesley's flirts, you'll see more. Because I don't have a lot of ideas how the flirts occurces and such. *has an idea for another one* Of course it's more man handeling of our dear drow but this one certianly leads to more...
                   Don't worry about the coding, sweetie, just worry about the writing :)                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2003, 04:24:26 AM »
Ok that's one.. ideas, flirts, thoughts, anyone? :)

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2003, 08:12:14 AM »
Well, like I said earlier, the palms of the hands are meant to be quite sensitive as well.  Now I probably haven't seen everything of Sola's romance :ph34r: but it seems to me that he doesn't know all the surfacer habits.  One of those that he might see somebody use to court a woman is kissing her hand.  He could try this out for himself later, giving you a chance to get to his hands...  

Probably a bad idea but an idea nonetheless :P                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2003, 03:20:55 PM »
Well, like I said earlier, the palms of the hands are meant to be quite sensitive as well.  Now I probably haven't seen everything of Sola's romance :ph34r: but it seems to me that he doesn't know all the surfacer habits.  One of those that he might see somebody use to court a woman is kissing her hand.  He could try this out for himself later, giving you a chance to get to his hands...  
                   Perhaps... care to write something up? *ducks* :)

Michel

Sola and flirts
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2003, 04:28:25 PM »
Ok that's one.. ideas, flirts, thoughts, anyone? :)
How about my poem?

Roses are [span style='color:red']red

Violets are blue
I am a Bard
And you know it's true!
[/i][/span]

:lol:  B)  :P                    

[!--EDIT|Michel|Jan 30 2003, 02:30 AM--]

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2003, 04:30:47 PM »
*swat* Go stand in the corner, young man. :P

I think some of the "usual" flirts would work with Sola, but I suspect it would be far better trying for unusual ones. C'mon, a little inspiration here, please :)

Michel

Sola and flirts
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2003, 04:32:13 PM »
*swat* Go stand in the corner, young man. :P

I think some of the "usual" flirts would work with Sola, but I suspect it would be far better trying for unusual ones. C'mon, a little inspiration here, please :)
                   *goes off to find a  B)  poem that acts as inspiration*

I'll be back! :P  :o  :lol:                    

L_Jonté

Sola and flirts
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2003, 05:40:30 PM »
When I am dead, my dearest,
   Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
   Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
   With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
   And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
   I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
   Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
   That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
   And haply may forget.

-Christina Rossetti

Hmmm... perhaps not the insipiration you were looking for.                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2003, 05:42:21 PM »
It's a little bit morbid, I think, Lisa-sama. ^_^                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2003, 05:46:56 PM »
Well, if nothing else, it fits my mood today. *smacks self and tries to get back into flirt mode*

Amazor'dra

Sola and flirts
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2003, 05:55:56 PM »
Oh, the poem may be good for when Sola joins the side of Bodhi for a brief time. Or even directly afterwords. In a way, it could reveal of how an inner part of Sola didn't like what he became at Bodhi's side. (and through the use of this poem, he asks the PC to forget/forgive what he is, though the majority of him had a fine time becoming powerfull with Bodhi's help)

Hopefully my comment makes sense and proves helpfull.  B)                    

Michel

Sola and flirts
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2003, 06:24:33 PM »
A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift,
A friend is someone we treasure
for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.

- Jean Kyler McManus

I am a rose, you are my thorns,
clutching to me, protecting me.
I am the sun, you are my rays,
helping me to shine and to be all that I can.
I am a lake, you are my water,
filling me with ideas, dreams, and hopes for the future.
I am a tree, you are my leaves,
sharing who and what I am
and becoming an important part of my life.
I am a heart, you are my beat,
beating rhythmically to my happiness,
my fear, my sadness, my excitement.
I am me and you are with me,
to share all that I am,
to share life, love, and happiness.

Always.

- Bernice Ellrick -

I'm getting soft here! ;)  (I still don't like wink smiley here :()                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2003, 06:28:30 PM »
Oh. My. Goodness. I think I hear my muse stirring. :)                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2003, 06:43:21 PM »
I'm getting soft here! ;)  (I still don't like wink smiley here :()
                   Awww, what a romantic. ^_^                    

Kiki

Sola and flirts
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2003, 07:41:31 PM »
To bring an offline conversation online ...

I don't much like the idea of gender-specific flirts. I think anything that requires gender specificity is going to be too explicit for my taste.  What is the intended rating of the flirt pack?

Plus, it seems like the flirt pack concept originally developed as a way to initiate things with the NPC, for those players that wanted to kiss/grope/gnaw their romantic interest, so the PC's gender shouldn't matter much. (Although "original intent" shouldn't be a limiting factor, I suppose.)                    

Sphira

Sola and flirts
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2003, 08:26:32 PM »
This is Tsuru-sama's call, but I wouldn't think the flirts will be too graphic. Quite honestly, I think it shouldn't be anywhere like the Kesley/Bioware flirts... But I do like the idea of intinating things with Sola. The 'talk back' (aka "flirt") format could help the RP value of drawing Solaufien out into surface society. Sure, it's nice to manhandle the guy, but it does get boring after a while. It's the character's 'mind' and 'intellgence' that the fans love. :D

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2003, 08:33:29 PM »
This is Tsuru-sama's call, but I wouldn't think the flirts will be too graphic. Quite honestly, I think it shouldn't be anywhere like the Kesley/Bioware flirts... But I do like the idea of intinating things with Sola. The 'talk back' (aka "flirt") format could help the RP value of drawing Solaufien out into surface society. Sure, it's nice to manhandle the guy, but it does get boring after a while. It's the character's 'mind' and 'intellgence' that the fans love. :D
                   Actually it's Wes's call, I'm just coordinating :)

I had another thought too. Would y'all think that later, after committment and when he's comfortable so to speak, that he would initiate flirts also?                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2003, 03:27:19 AM »
Awww, what a romantic. ^_^
                   I do believe we actually managed to embarass Michel... but I still loved those poems :)                    

Niz

Sola and flirts
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2003, 12:33:57 PM »
eeep
International day of Poetry or sth like that here today, they've been throwing poems at me all day and still it's you to actually get through to me.  :unsure:  :blink:
*ahem cough*
I don't think that making the flirts gender specific should necessarily make them TOO explicit.  Besides it's your minds that have to write the dialogs so you can make it as explicit as you wish...  
Perhaps... care to write something up? *ducks*
well... no, I'm bad at writing dialog but this I won't even try to write.  B) You're always welcome to try and write sth of it tho, just as long as I get to read it when you finish.  :P                    

Tsuru

Sola and flirts
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2003, 01:24:31 PM »
well... no, I'm bad at writing dialog but this I won't even try to write.  B) You're always welcome to try and write sth of it tho, just as long as I get to read it when you finish.  :P
                   Uh huh. Never know till you try :P

I truly don't know about explicit. The more I think about it, the more I think it's not Sola to be very explicit. We'll see what happens as others chime in :)

And I think the muses like the poetry being posted personally ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: