Author Topic: Improved Bodhi  (Read 1635 times)

mstaley007

Improved Bodhi
« on: January 09, 2003, 09:16:16 AM »
Whomever did the Improved Bodhi version...where she is using some sort of shroud, surronded by Grim Warders and awesomely powerful...well I've met her. Holy hell...one of the first times I've ever really been terrified for my characters. Very good job!

Mike                    

andijvieschotel

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 04:02:45 PM »
Totally agree with you, it made the fight a lot more interesting.

I do have one comment though on the first encounter. Three times (I reloaded twice to test it) in my game, the archers spanned in a circle around Bodhi. That means that my paladin or any other character wielding a two-handed sword can attack Bodhi, but Bodhi can't attack him. He also won't be hit by her fireshield. Is it possible to change the spanning points of the archers?                    

Michel

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 05:52:57 PM »
andijvieschotel

Ik ben meer een Zuurkool schotel fan  :lol:

Anyway, Imp Bodhi is a real nasty biatch. She kills Drizzt easely (woohooo!!)
I usually protect myself from "Cold" (up to 127%)because then her Cold shield doesnt do any damage to me but infact heals me. lol
Plenty of Pro Cold scrolls lying around, what better way to use them then here? :P

Rataxes

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 10:57:36 AM »
Does she cheat with her To-hit rolls? I replayed her about 30 times with a lvl 37 Swashbuckler. With -25 AC she could only hit me when she rolled a 17 or higher. Less than 20% chance that is, only problem is that she rolled 17, 18 or 19 at least 80% of her hits, my AC didn't seem to do squat against her cheating. Out of at least 200 Hit rolls, 150-160 of them hit me, no doubt. I saw a roll below 10 about once every five reloads.

I simply refuse to believe that my luck could be so bad, and for such a long time  :angry:                    

Leonardo

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 11:42:59 AM »
It's not bad luck, all rolls within the game seem to defy the laws of probability. For example, learning a spell having 95% chance to learn and a spell being of a level you are able to cast will fail 1 out of 3 times...
Critical misses also occur much more then 5% of the time.
It also goes the other way. If you have 10% set traps, you could go all day reloading trying to set a trap without results, despite probability saying that at least once every 10 reloads you would be successful.                    

Sim

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 11:51:25 AM »
The 'random' rolls in the IE are possibly the least random things I've seen in some time. The scripting RESPONSE #s are good examples; Horred did a bit of research on them and posted his findings here.                    

Rataxes

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 12:07:46 PM »
Ok, thanks for the link, didn't really understand much though :)

I've noticed before that probabilities aren't really what they should be in these games, but it hasn't bothered me until now (since it's possible to gain a 100% chance of succeeding with most of the random things you mentioned, which I usually get as quick as possible :))

Was this intentional though? I'm asking because every single occurance of this oddity seems to work to your disadvantage.                    

andijvieschotel

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 01:32:31 PM »
Ik ben meer een Zuurkool schotel fan

Zuurkool is ook wel eetbaar, maar haalt het toch niet bij Andijvie.

Anyways, I didn't really understood much of that tech talk either, but I have tried a little test of my one once. In the improved Suhuagin city, I used the shield of reflection. The game made a nice error so the arrows weren't returned to them, but they couldn't hurt me either. I let them made around 60 attack rolls and then calculated the average (three times):

All well above 10, while that should be the average. It is something that annoyes me (same with saving throws etc.). Isn't there something that could be done about this?                    

[!--EDIT|andijvieschotel|Jan 10 2003, 09:32 PM--]

Renegade ++RIP++

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 06:00:50 PM »
Ik ben meer een Zuurkool schotel fan

Zuurkool is ook wel eetbaar, maar haalt het toch niet bij Andijvie.
                   Mja , maar toch houd den deze meer van frietjes met ne goede biefstuk of een paar ribbekes ;)

"grmbl, krijgt honger :D"

Sorry for being off topic, but it is nice to meet some other dutchspeaking people that enjoy the same game I do ;)

Bye the way , for strolling back on topic.

I really didn't like that improved bodhi battle , she is to darn difficult "heeh" for a low level party , when I was near 16 lvl , it became a little easier , but it was still a threath to my fysical and spiritual health ;)

But I did beat her eventually , by just ataccking her once and then turning invisible or improved invisible , she couldn't see me and I just waited until she had enough and started her gibberish about some testing ,and then she vanished. I can assure you, my party was one merry bunch when that happened :D. They didn't have any deaths that were to be regretted

cheers

and have fun :D                    

mstaley007

Improved Bodhi
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 07:44:56 PM »
Lost Anomen, huh? :)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: