Author Topic: Currently under development...  (Read 18695 times)

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
Re: Currently under development...
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2004, 04:32:46 AM »
Definitely it's safe to assume that the Sahuagin randomly attacked ships, but if the PC was to somehow secure another means of getting off Brynnlaw (i.e Calahan's ship or another ship) then the attack by the Sahuagin might not happen unless (a) the Sahuagin attacked all ships (b) the Sahuagin while randomly attacking ships were also vigilant as to some sign involving the prophecy (c) the PC is cursed or the Sahuagin are lucky 

of course it would be shame to miss out on the Sahuagin city and the Underdark........
I disagree. By that logic, the Sahuagin are also very lucky because they manage to find Saemon's ship on every run through the game...

It's just a pure coincidence, story-internally, that the PC's ship gets attacked. The PC doesn't know that it's scripted to happen whichever route he takes...

Also, I think that skipping the entire Underdark is out of the question, since it's a chapter in the story all by itself. Entering the Underdark via the same way we exit it is also illogical, because there'd be no reason to enter it if we're already where we want to be (namely outside).

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2004, 03:21:11 PM »
which is exactly my point, while the Sahuagin attacks may be random in the actual game it is always programmed to happen so that's why it's weird  that you always get attacked (not that I mind of course, and one could say that this only happens once since reloading from a saved game is not the same as going with Saemon over and over again)

but yeah the attack on Saemon's ship by the Sahuagin was most likely a random attack, I'm just saying that because of its randomness then "if the PC got on another ship" then how likely is it that the Sahuagin will attack this ship too?? (after all going to Brynnlaw was Sahuagin-free......)  ;D

Also, I think that skipping the entire Underdark is out of the question, since it's a chapter in the story all by itself. Entering the Underdark via the same way we exit it is also illogical, because there'd be no reason to enter it if we're already where we want to be (namely outside).

I just think that if the PC chosed to go with Saemon.......then the PC probably planned either to go directly where Irenicus might have been going or back to Aran Linvail......and not to the Underdark (not that I'm against going there), I'm only saying that had the Sahuagin not attacked then who knows what would have happened....
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2004, 04:19:20 PM »
It's exactly my point that the PC never planned to go to the Underdark. Saemon promised to set him/her ashore close to Suldanessellar, since that was where we knew Jonaleth was going.

And it doesn't matter that the PC gets attacked no matter what. As you pointed out yourself, there is only one journey. By an preprogrammed extreme coincidence, the PC gets attacked on that journey.

To say that a PC can't get attacked every time is like saying "Why does Ellesime keep saying the Elves leaned from their mistake, when everytime I start a new game, I find that they cursed another Elf?"

Offline Necaradan

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2004, 06:53:38 PM »
Why allow me to keep one extra NPC just for the duration of the Brynnlaw quests? The PC wouldn't know that there is going to be a chance to smuggle an NPC back so if he was going make room in the party for Imoen wouldn't he do it before leaving mainland?

Either way you still have to abanbon someone before entering spellhold....maybe you could make it so that Imoen or an abandoned NPC would follow you through spellhold as an ally...this idea is pretty dumb and I suspect would be bothersome to implement.

Hmm is it possible to smuggle Yoshimo back and then pick him up later as an NPC for TOB use? (on second thought I just remembered he will die from not fufilling his task anyway)

Ah who cares - If you build it, they will come...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:16:31 PM by Necaradan »
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Offline Xander77

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2004, 09:16:55 PM »
Hmm...

How about a Pirate attack?

As we remember, the reason you had no problems with them on the way to spellhold was because Saemon signaled them away.

Then the Shahuagin attack anyway, with pirate dialogue on how that's a common occurance lately.

If we feel like preserving the lives of the crew, what about a Shahuagin spell that carries you underwater?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: