Author Topic: Minor plot inconsistency  (Read 1722 times)

Minor plot inconsistency
« on: November 07, 2002, 07:03:24 AM »
*Spoiler*

I was in the underdark, finishing up the dragon egg quest, and Valen bargained with the Demon and got her exp reward.

It just happened that she reached the 2.5 mil exp mark at that point . . . so those paladins suddenly entered.

How did they get in the city when the Drow matron mother sealed it off??

It's also annoying to fight that battle when I knew I had to get out of the city quick.

The reputation fall from killing those paladins were a bit harsh (-4 rep per kill!) . . . after that fight I had 1 rep point.  I don't see why killing a few paladins in front of drows could lower your reputation.  I had to kill Haerdalis and go along with 5 party members until I could find a temple to raise my rep before resurrecting him, otherwise he just leaves my party for good.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Minor plot inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 12:04:14 PM »
How did they get in the city when the Drow matron mother sealed it off??

Perhaps Giles knows a ward-bypassing ritual?

I was tempted to exclude Ust Natha from the paladin-attack-places, but there are a large number of areas in it and I would have to list them all individually. That's low-priority for me.

The reputation fall from killing those paladins were a bit harsh (-4 rep per kill!) . . . after that fight I had 1 rep point.  

Yes, that's the point.

I don't see why killing a few paladins in front of drows could lower your reputation.

I agree, BG2's reputation system is non-sensical. In fact, I believe that everyone here agrees with you.

Killing a peasant in a deserted room away from prying eyes should not lower your reputation. Unfortunately, they made the critical design mistake of linking "what people think of you" and "your morality" (e.g., both store prices and paladinhood depend on reputation). There's no excuse for that, but it's a BG2 bug.

Think of the rep loss for killing the paladins as an indication that you have taken an evil path (and you have). It's a game bug that it is linked to public perception.                    

Auvrin

Minor plot inconsistency
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 01:18:25 PM »
My reputation was already 1 befor the paladin slaughter.  :rolleyes:                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: