Author Topic: Guardians of Kangaxx weirdness  (Read 1576 times)

Althernai

Guardians of Kangaxx weirdness
« on: November 03, 2002, 11:53:27 PM »
Fighting the Guardians of Kangaxx with my solo Sorc. I cast Project Image to save a Dragon's Breath for K himself, and my Image starts doing funny things. He seems to be acting based on the script of one of the liches - Sstart off with Spell Trigger: Chain Lightning + Chaos + Remove Magic. Chain Contingency: Stoneskin + Mirror Image + Horrid Wilting (I think). I could still control the thing, but every once in a while he would cast a Horrid Wilting I didn't tell him to cast and so on. Very weird - bug?

The other weird thing was that when I ran outside, the Dwarf followed me; I killed him and then when I came back he was there again - but I think that is a generic IE bug.                    

Rassadihn

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 09:56:25 AM »
Fighting the Guardians of Kangaxx with my solo Sorc. I cast Project Image to save a Dragon's Breath for K himself, and my Image starts doing funny things. He seems to be acting based on the script of one of the liches - Sstart off with Spell Trigger: Chain Lightning + Chaos + Remove Magic. Chain Contingency: Stoneskin + Mirror Image + Horrid Wilting (I think). I could still control the thing, but every once in a while he would cast a Horrid Wilting I didn't tell him to cast and so on. Very weird - bug?

The other weird thing was that when I ran outside, the Dwarf followed me; I killed him and then when I came back he was there again - but I think that is a generic IE bug.
Project Image weirdness: I'm looking into it. The script is trying to make any Simulacri the lich may cast behave intelligently. It does try to prevent assigning AI to the wrong thing, but apparently it's not trying hard enough.

Dwarf: definitely IE, there's nothing special that respawns him.

Rassadihn

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 09:03:09 AM »
Fixed, the corrections are underway to Wes and should be in a future version of the tactics mod, Deo volente. The liches will now no longer take over your images/simulacri and their own simulacri (if they cast any) will do something useful for a change. Thanks for reporting.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: