Author Topic: Random yet persistent crashes :(  (Read 1196 times)

Althernai

Random yet persistent crashes :(
« on: November 02, 2002, 10:19:28 PM »
I think my evil ways of installing most of the WeiDU mods have finally caught up to me. I'm currently getting about 1 crash every 2 hours - nothing particularly bad, but unmodded BG2 crashed on me exactly once in 1.5 years so I think it's the fact that I've been installing and uninstalling so many mods for so long. The crashes do not seem to follow any pattern and no error ever comes up - I just get thrown to desktop. It looks like the system resource related crash I used to get when running Ascension on my older PC.

Now, the most obvious solution is to simply uninstall and reinstall everything - and I would do that, except that 4 of the necessary disks are currently 200 miles away from me. The earliest I'll go home is probably Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do until then? (Other than take a break from BG2 :) )                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: