Author Topic: Well I screwed something up  (Read 1993 times)

Kismet

Well I screwed something up
« on: October 20, 2002, 03:39:59 PM »
I've gotten to the part of the Sola romance where the Revenge Spiders attack.  Since I really suck at tactics, I've only ever managed to complete the fight by sacrificing 3 of my party (Solaufein included).   So I save my game and go to ressurect everybody and find that I have neither a rod of ressurection nor any ressurection spells memorized (see note above about sucking at tactics).  So I try to sleep to memorize the spells and I get the following:  Your party's reputation has increased by 2 (this is what makes me think that the problem might involve Solaufein).  So I try to sleep again and the game crashes.

The mods I have installed are: Kelsey, Solaufein romance only and Dungeon Be Gone.  Things that have changed from when I made the save game before the fight:  1) I have a  totally new computer system with XP rather than 98;  2) I redownloaded the mods rather than copying them from the old system; 3) I installed the Kelsey/Solaufein romance conflict.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kismet                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 03:50:27 PM »
To get my obligatory two cents in so as to help Wes diagnose:

DBG doesn't touch anything REMOTELY near any of that.

Kelsey does have actions that take place upon rest. Are you currently in the Kelsey romance (still active?) Check the value of J#Lovetalk LOCALS (Affects tab on SK)

Solaufein conflict does not touch Solaufein's script, and has nothing to do with resting.

But the rep gain sounds like Solaufein is leaving the party, so I would say the issue is there.                    

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Oct 20 2002, 04:50 PM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kismet

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 04:01:28 PM »
The J#Lovetalk is at 51

Kismet                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 07:46:52 PM »
Meaning his romance is over so he's not trying to do anything else.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kismet

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 06:26:09 PM »
Well, uninstalling/reinstalling everything didn't help.  Removing Solaufein from my party allowed them to rest without crashing.  So finally I just uninstalled Solaufein, rested and then reinstalled Solaufein.

Kismet                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 07:47:41 PM »
Interesting bug. Thanks for taking the time to report it. I will look into this locally.

In order for the "you lose two rep" thing to come up, Sola's BCS script must be running. There is no excuse for the engine to be running his script that long after he is dead. :-(

Kismet

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2002, 07:40:08 AM »
So I upgraded to the latest version of Solaufein to see if that would help, but it hasn't.  The only thing that is different is that I gain 2 rep as soon as Solaufein dies rather than on attempting to rest (and the game crashes if I attempt to rest once rather than twice).  It's not a big deal (to me) as I'm actually prepared for this now. :)

Kismet                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2002, 10:30:33 AM »
If my computer weren't in the shop, I'd be looking heavily into this (sorry!). I have no idea why having a dead sola would prevent you from resting after the RS fight. I'll try to see if I can reproduce it ... Dell willing.                    

Kismet

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2002, 11:25:44 AM »
Eh, I meant to say that this happens now everytime Solaufein dies and not just after that one fight.

Kismet                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: