Author Topic: Possible New NPC mods to consider?  (Read 5685 times)

J H

Possible New NPC mods to consider?
« on: September 10, 2002, 04:51:36 PM »
Hey, everyone. I'm currently playing through with the Darkest Day, Valen, and Solauflein mods installed (I -love- Valen and I'm still only in Sahuagin city...) Btw, does Valen have any in-screen dialogue?

Anyway! I love the idea of a Sola mod (why on earth didn't Black Isle see the potential in making Sola an npc, anyway?), but I wanted to ask Wes and everyone about other characters in the game who ought to be optionally playable w/ their own quests, quotes, etc:

1) Saemon Havarian (still needs a face; he's in the book for pete's sake :P) -- number one. do I really need to go into detail here? This guy's made so many enemies over the years he'd probably have some great quests (and funny dialogue). A romance for female characters would probably be interesting as well (who could TRUST this guy?)

2) Renjac (Thieves' Guild) - After you do the Shadow Thieves' Guild work for him, he serves no purpose. (though i love his new picture...maybe that was TDD's work) After Valen is sort of your ally for the Bohdi path, to balance it out there should also be an npc for the Shadow Thief path. Who better than Aran's right hand himself? You might have to set him up so he has a usable thief body instead of that npc-assassin bod which won't show armor and weapon changes. Admittedly, though, doing a quest for him would be *really* fun, considering how shady a past he may have.

3) Gaelen Bayle - Inversely, he could be the thief to join you instead of Renjac, if there needed to be a choice. Lighthearted yet serious when he needs to be. Who does love the 'Coo' voice set? Besides, a romance would be possible because Gaelan seems more fun-loving.

4) Tiax - You could go either way with this guy. But he doesn't -have- to die in the asylum and would make a valuable mage. Could you imagine this guy and Jan going at it?

Heck, I could -write- up the text for any of these guys, quest text, and even do a voice set on the mike if there's anyone who might be willing to put them together. Quite literally, if there's anyone crazy enough to take me up on the offer, you do the groundwork, I'll take care of the text and the sounds. shfelliotrpg@hotmail.com is my email.

Anyway. I just wanted to hear your opinions, and what npcs you think should have mods in this game.                    

Gospel

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 05:01:02 PM »
You mean Renal, sir? ?:)

TDD gave him a funky ninja with a weird nose(I hated how it's not optional[Nor included as a feature, methinks.], but..... I never have it installed anymore, anyway)  :'(

Thieves do have to pay him, it's part of their stronghold :D It's oddish to pay someone(Every 10 days or so) who's in your party :)

Everything else sounds fine, sir :)

J H

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 05:39:13 PM »
I almost forgot! There's a number 5!

5) Lucette- The Harper that kills Xzar. This is one of the ones I -really- wanted to play and has some promising prospects. Do I really need to go into detail how cool this gal would be? She's a Harper (or is she? a 'warped' Harper if you will. think of the conflict b/w her and Jaheira!), an assassin (poison green daggers), obviously has some magical capability, and has the unique ability (if programmed properly) to morph into a bird which can be carried by another player, keeping her from harm and able to pop out at a moment's notice (quick item slot). Has a tendency to talk in lyrical rhyme, aloof, etc. Romance, perhaps? Need I say more?

Side note: She's involved in TDD when you kill her in Xzar's quest, but even so there would probably be a way around it. Or you could just screw TDD altogether

I could even pull this one off; I know a girl who could do a nice voice set.

I'm serious; if Wes or anyone really would take the time to put together the comp part, I could do the entire storyline, dialogue, quest text, etc, and sound files.

JH

PS: (oh right, renal. my bad. Renjac was the tanner, wasn't he? doh...regardless, if you changed up Renal's body to a normal pc-playable one, he might make a nice character...but, now that I'm thinking about it, Gaelen would probably be the best choice of the two...he could have all sorts of fun quotes.)                    

GVGS58

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 08:21:15 AM »
I don't think Lucette could morph into a bird at will. Probably she was morphed by some Harper mage, and unmorphed by Xzar. So she has no influence on it, it's just magic working.                    

Littiz

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 09:07:02 AM »
Then why not Annah from Torment?? :o
Picking her avatar images from the game, the voice lines (I think there are even MANY unused in Torment!), the portrait....
And of course you find her trapped in the Planar Prison!

Having BOTH Immie and Annah in the party.... :o :rolleyes::unsure:

*Littiz goes insane*
 :P :P                    

[!--EDIT|Littiz|Sep 11 2002, 04:07 PM--]

Yoho

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 12:22:05 PM »
*) Firkraag, Demogorgon, Irenicus or Bodhi would be good NPC too : they have a past, a great future and some interesting spells ;) :P
*) Uncle Quayle (as an illusionist ?) : he already has a picture.
*) You could use Raelis' plane portal (with the haerdalis quest) to add an NPC of your choice (celebrity, X-man, TV serie's character). My first attempt (and also my last :D) to create a NPC was "Thesee" attracted by the tunnel while he was fighting a minotaur...                    

alustriel

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 12:28:07 PM »
Then why not Annah from Torment?? :o
Picking her avatar images from the game, the voice lines (I think there are even MANY unused in Torment!), the portrait....
And of course you find her trapped in the Planar Prison!

Having BOTH Immie and Annah in the party.... :o :rolleyes::unsure:

*Littiz goes insane*
 :P :P
I could go for Annah from Torment.  Fall-from-Grace as a pure cleric would be great too.  :)  Gotta love a Thief with a tail and a succubus priestess.  :lol:                    

El Diablo

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 01:32:18 PM »
how about Mr. Artimis Entri i mean i believe there already item files for him somewhere in the game aswell as some scripts maybe even dialog you would of course pick him up at jarlaxle's place                    

Teno20

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 03:56:35 AM »
Well the closest I know of to have Annah in the party is as the pc, except you will have to do some SK editing. Sorcerers.net have the voice-pack, and portraits, so it's just a matter of editing her stats, and avatar/Paper doll.                    

[!--EDIT|Teno20|Sep 19 2002, 10:57 AM--]

Littiz

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2002, 04:07:55 AM »
Is someone capable of extracting her animations??

Still, I'd want to see her as a NPC, with some explanations about
how she reached the Planar Prison maybe, with party interactions and
all...
I mean, Annah in BG2!!!!! :o
This would be the ultimate mod!!!!!!!!
(With Imoen's, of course! :rolleyes: )                      

[!--EDIT|Littiz|Sep 20 2002, 11:08 AM--]

Teno20

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2002, 04:20:30 AM »
                   Well... apart from Chloe, but YEAH!!!                    

branmakmuffin

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2002, 01:36:14 PM »
how about Mr. Artimis Entri i mean i believe there already item files for him somewhere in the game aswell as some scripts maybe even dialog you would of course pick him up at jarlaxle's place
That assassin dude (whose name I can't remember) you can hook up with in The CC in TDD not Entreri-ish enough?                    

Kir

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2002, 05:55:56 AM »
Is someone capable of extracting her animations??

Still, I'd want to see her as a NPC, with some explanations about
how she reached the Planar Prison maybe, with party interactions and
all...
                   Her animations (as every in PS:T) are of different size than normal ones in BG. They also don't comply to common color/clothing rules set for BG avatars and paperdolls. So, taking the portrait and voice set is possible (which I made myself once for BG1 even before Sorcerer's version appeared), but anything above that would be rather difficult, unless you're High Guru in .BAM editing.                    

Dark Phantom

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2002, 06:33:42 PM »
This is a Mod I am making.  It is a romanceable NPC (A gal, only for guy's...) that you "obtain" in the Coper Corenet.  Read what is said in the link if interested, and if you are interested, please respond to the Questions.

Juna Mod discussionMy Webpage :ph34r:                    

[!--EDIT|Dark Phantom|Sep 26 2002, 08:29 AM--]

Grimace

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2002, 09:55:32 PM »
Xoas Bobby and I had a long discussion about an Annah/Morte mod a while back at Forgotten Wars Project (not studio...yes, I get confused too). It wasnt anything serious, just a way to vent ideas out into the open.
http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?...ay;threadid=156
Go have a look and add to it if you wish.                    

Lord God Jinnai

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2002, 10:07:59 PM »
I was gonna do a new one, but i can't do new animations which would be required for the fan dancer.                    

Dark Phantom

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2002, 01:17:57 PM »
A "fandancer?" Is that amoungset Juna's lines?  or do  you have a more platonic relationship with her to start?

I am putting ALOT into the scripts and am only up to the start of LT 6 (the third love talk)!   No other banter, no kickout talk (which is the ONLY way to "ruin" this romance), no interjections, no talking with the other NPC's... But.  I degress: I only started her a few day's ago.                    

[!--EDIT|Dark Phantom|Sep 26 2002, 08:22 PM--]

Eocine

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2002, 02:21:15 PM »
Something that I'd like to see would be a mod making the Necromancer Lavok an NPC. If you made him a wizard/cleric with all or the necromantic spells, or even better a sorceror who had access to all of the wizard and cleric necro spells and say two/one others per level (to enable you to use some buffing spells and ones like lower resistance and greater malison). I think he'd make a cool addition to an evil party.                      

Eocine

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2002, 02:21:56 PM »
double post                    

[!--EDIT|Eocine|Sep 27 2002, 06:03 PM--]

Dark Phantom

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2002, 11:41:14 PM »
From ingame, for an evil (VERY evil) party, how about Rejick, the Tanner.?  He obviously would have some fighting (Or theif?  Assasin?) skills, as no one saw him do the deed, or he hid who he was well.  Plus the whole "skindancer" or perhaps dopleganger idea would be fascinating to explore.  And can you imagine him in the humanskin armer?

Littiz

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2002, 03:18:01 AM »
@Grimace: I'm without words.. I can hardly believe that stuff went unnoticed! :o
I didn't read it immediately when you posted the link..
So my idea about placing her in the Planar Prison wasn't that bad!

Really, it seemed to me to hear the real Annah speak once again! Such a waste, if unused!
I haven't even read it all...
(even Morte's stuff was great.. especially the idea of having him discover that he walked in the realms when alive! But I'm more interested in Annah! :P Seems like I'm not the only Annah fan around, reading through the link!!:D)                    

didau

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 06:10:19 AM »
If you play Vlad's excellent Tortured Souls mod he has Sime as a joinable NPC available if you decide to work for Aran - also Bodhi is temporarily joinable.

In addition:
Valygar is romanceable
Yoshimo gets a chance at redemption as well as a girl friend call Kachiko
Coran will join and Forest of Tethyr is gettable to early in the game.

I know this is slightly off topic but v cool

Mizaq

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2002, 09:59:15 PM »
Hi, I'm new. I'll be around I hope. Anyways...

Is anyone out there working on a Cernd romance mod? I think he could be pretty cool if his story was changed up and some new dialogue (interjections, etc) were added. I have a few ideas about what could be done, but I have to learn WeiDU from scratch and that's a little daunting.

Mizaq                    

Auvrin

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2002, 12:28:58 AM »
Actually you could just rip the Annah animations and resize them.. Seen it done many times for a few mods..                    

Jos

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2002, 01:01:58 PM »
Nobody renembers BGI´ Xan? BGII have more mages than any other class but he is still a original character. Xan has the only Moonblade that I have ever seen, little know background and a short performance in the the tutorial. May he appear in Chateau Irenicus along with Branwen.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: