Author Topic: *purrs* A requestish, sir? ?:)  (Read 3977 times)

Gospel

*purrs* A requestish, sir? ?:)
« on: September 29, 2002, 06:30:13 PM »
May there be a component for Human monks(Aasimar, Tiefling, and Half-Orcies, too?) to have the BG2 monk avatar, please? :)

I know there's a reason why they don't, and such... but it looks really weird now(Only thing stopping me from playing one, in fact..)! :D

*purrs* :)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 10:36:19 PM »
Wow, way too complicated for me. :-(

I wish I could help. Here are some issues:

(1) This would be a big mod, because it would require that you download a copy of the graphics files for that monk.
(2) I do not know how IWD2 determines what avatar goes with what class. I would have to understand that control structure in order to change it.
(3) There is no guarantee (although it is highly likely) that the frame sequences and whatnot will line up -- it's possible that the BG2 one won't work unmodified.

If you can find anyone who can explain how IWD2 picks the avatars (and note that they seem to be based on your highest class level) based on 2DA files or something, let me know.

Much like, say, effective character level penalties or racial favored classes, it could be hard-coded into the EXE.                    

Gospel

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2002, 10:43:52 PM »
Oh.... okies :)

Thankies, sir *spins* ^_^

Umm... do you think a monk would work well, dual-wielding long/short swords then, sir? :)

Monks monks :D *flies around* Monk monks, right sir? :)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 10:59:29 PM »
Perhaps for the first few levels. Remember that monks get more attacks per round using their fists. I might carry around a big greatsword or big quarterstaff to hurt golems (your first damage won't scratch them until higher levels) ... unless you're in HoF mode, however, there really isn't anything out there weapon-wise that is vastly better than your fists. The Stunning Star of Speed, Axe of Celerity, Light of Cera Sumat, etc., are all out.

So I wouldn't bother putting the feats in Ambi and Two-Weapon for a monk. I might pick Weapon Finesse (since your dex is going to be higher than your str in most cases) and use a short sword early on. I would probably pick Expertise to maximize your massive AC.

Gospel

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2002, 11:03:34 PM »
Thankies, sir! :)

Me makes monk! ^_^

*licks a paw* Non-money guyos :D

Hehe :) *purrs* :)

reiella

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 09:18:56 PM »
Hmm, on that note, does IWD make use of 'monk weapons' (weapons that the monk can use with his unarmed iterative attack progression, like kama, nunchaku or siangham?)                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 01:17:37 PM »
No "monk weapons", sorry. Fist only.                    

Sir Loin of Beef

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 09:47:52 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread for suggestions so I borrowed this one.

I have a request/suggestion for something to add to ease-of-use for IWD2 which may have been mentioned before.  How about a component to stop your characters from glowing like a christmas tree while under the effects of spells.  Ugh.. that is so annoying.  Perfect example is equip the Ring of Free Action, this is permanent while equipped and whoever is wearing it is constantly glowing or there is a belt (can't remember the name) that gives permanent Bless while equipped, my character is walking around like a laser light show.  I just think that the little symbol of the spell in effect on the portrait is sufficient enough.

If it's not possible, it's not possible... but I had to mention it anyway.  B)                    

[!--EDIT|Sir Loin of Beef|Oct 6 2002, 11:55 PM--]

Gospel

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 09:57:12 PM »
Oh *purrs* May's I borrow this thread too, please? :D

Umm... does Freedom of Movement disable haste, like Free Action does, Wesley sir? ?:)

If does, me scared to buy Ribald sir's stuff :(

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2002, 09:05:47 PM »
IWD2 Freedom of Movement does not disable haste.

I cannot fix the glow. IWD2 has made the opcodes all powerful: just granting the freedom of movement power (via a single opcode) causes you to glow. Just like granting regeneration causes the regen icon to appear (all one opcode) or granting stoneskin in BG2 causes grey skin to appear.

Blame ze game engine, sorry.                    

Gospel

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2002, 09:07:32 PM »
Thank you, sir! ^_^

Me buy items, then :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: