Author Topic: Ascension Bodhi to Imrpoved Bodhi...  (Read 4435 times)

raven

Ascension Bodhi to Imrpoved Bodhi...
« on: September 26, 2002, 07:09:50 PM »
Well, just wanna ask if I may change the Bodhi in Ascension to the Improved Bodhi in Sola mod? I'm kinda disappointed that the Bodhi in Ascension is not the improved version, since I'd like to fight Irenicus and improved Bodhi at the same time (oh, and maybe try let the Improved Bodhi join me :lol: )

So will there be some extra problems if I just replace the character file of the Bodhi in Ascension with the improved Bodhi with some infinity editor? I want to try it but I'm afraid I'll mess up sometime if I try... Thanks  :)                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 07:20:45 PM »
Yes, there will be big problems.

The big problem is the script. Improved Bodhi uses a special script to access her mighty undead powers. Asc Bodhi uses a special script to know how to behave with Mel around. These are not really compatible. If you know anything about scripting, however, it won't be that hard to fix up.

If there is a big hue and cry for this, I can add "imp bodhi" as an install-time option to Ascension ... but probably only as an opponent (or somehow weakened when she's on your side: no special bats or whatnot).                    

KaPe

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 02:40:19 PM »
Great idea... As for allied bodhi - all i need is to make her immune to vorpal hits... i could never keep her alive with those babau around ... and the five slaughters her anyway, except for Sarevok - is it intented - non-magical weapon?                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 04:02:13 PM »
I specifically asked Gaider about making Bodhi immune to vorpal hits and his response was an emphatic "no". Cast Death Ward on her, I guess.

In my experience, no one "slaughters" her, though. If she gets hurt she just clouds away. However, everyone except Yaga seems to be immune to level drain.                    

KaPe

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2002, 07:43:01 AM »
I level drained Sarevok... (shouldn't he have mag. weap?) ok, he's not part of the Five, but still... And yes, she dies fairly quickly vs abazigal/balthazar iliasera, yaga... anyone... i 've never seen her change into cloud... once maybe, but in non-wei-du version...                    

Kish

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2002, 11:49:03 AM »
Ask David Gaider if Sarevok should have a nonmagical sword.  I'm inclined to think it would have been just as easy to give him a magical sword and so the sword's lack of magic is probably completely intended.                    

Offline Quitch

• Perfection
  • Planewalker
  • Making the world a better place for evil
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2002, 02:02:20 PM »
May I suggest you rename this mod, since it won't be Ascension for much longer, or so it seems to me.                    
Past: Ascension
Present: Return to Windspear
Future: Imoen Relationship
"Perfection has no deadline"

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2002, 04:13:28 PM »
To keep the bloodlines pure, Wes, were you to do such a thing, you could always make it part of Solaufein, where Improved Bodhi lives already. "Install Improved Bodhi for Ascension? (WeiDU Ascension 1.4.12 or better required) Y/N"

Having optional Kelsey/Ascension components doesn't seem to have confused too many people yet.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2002, 05:18:30 PM »
I'm forced to agree with Quitch on this one. If there is big pressure to include some non-Asc Bodhi in Ascension, it should be clearly marked as coming from other sources and not as part of Ascension.                    

raven

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2002, 12:12:01 PM »
well, I'd surely like to see how effective bat storms is when used against my enemies ;) but then if it unbalance the game too much then I guess  it has to be taken away...

Another idea is to even improve the Five and Amy more if you convinced Bodhi to join you :)  Then it's definitely no longer Ascension for sure... oh well...                    

Althernai

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2002, 04:29:58 PM »
Another idea is to even improve the Five and Amy more if you convinced Bodhi to join you :)  Then it's definitely no longer Ascension for sure... oh well...
:lol: Not only will it not be Ascension, it will also probably not be beatable except on an easier difficulty setting.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: