Author Topic: Can't find Valen in graveyard  (Read 3258 times)

branmakmuffin

Can't find Valen in graveyard
« on: September 20, 2002, 10:43:31 AM »
I accepted Bhodi's offer from Valen when Valen first approached me, I've done Bhodi's first two quests. I wander all over the graveyard at night and can't find Valen (I do run across Woman Mourner constantly, though).

After ToB plus patch install, I installed TDD 1.03, then all of Weimer's mods except Ritual, and I have NO non-Weimer mods installed (except for TDD). I'm sure I followed the installation recommendations on the Solaufein page.

Can/should I re-install the Valen mod, or is it now too late in the game? Does the fact that I killed some vampires before siding with Bhodi have any effect on Valen's availability?

branmakmuffin

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 10:57:07 AM »
Sorry for starting the thread. Right after I posted it, I saw the other thread with the same topic.

I should know better from Usenet experience to look at the history before asking a question that's been asked and answered.

branmakmuffin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 11:00:14 AM »
Double oops. That other thread is about not being able to find Bhodi, not Valen.

Michel

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 02:06:42 PM »
Weird, i think when i joined up with Bodhi i was able to pick Valen up right away. She should stand right infront of you.

If she isnt there then summon her.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Valen")                    

branmakmuffin

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 02:40:09 PM »
I'll try that. Thanks.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 04:07:23 PM »
Did Bodhi say something like "I'm making my assistant available to you"? If not, the mod is not installed correctly. If she did, then Valen is lying around somewhere -- she may be behind a building. Walk around. If you can't find her, just use the console command.                    

branmakmuffin

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2002, 05:24:03 PM »
No, Bhodi did not say "My assistant is available to you". Assuming that, as you said, I installed the mod incorrectly, is it now too late in the game to install it (just finished killing off the STs, but I have not yet told her I have done so)?

If I have the mod installed incorrectly, I assume the console command will, at best, summon "standard SoA Valen", not "NPC mod Valen". Maybe reinstalling would at least enable me to use the console to summon "NPC Valen"?

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2002, 06:06:14 PM »
No, Bhodi did not say "My assistant is available to you". Assuming that, as you said, I installed the mod incorrectly, is it now too late in the game to install it (just finished killing off the STs, but I have not yet told her I have done so)?

If I have the mod installed incorrectly, I assume the console command will, at best, summon "standard SoA Valen", not "NPC mod Valen". Maybe reinstalling would at least enable me to use the console to summon "NPC Valen"?
                   Yes, it is too late. Re-install and then use the console command.

CLUAConsoel:CreateCreature("VALEN") can never summon "SoA Valen" because that creature has a different CRE-file name (BOANAST). If CreateCreature("VALEN") summons anything at all, it will be Weimer-Valen.

branmakmuffin

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2002, 12:01:25 PM »
Re-install and console command worked. Thanks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: