Author Topic: Stuck at the final battle!  (Read 4688 times)

alson

Stuck at the final battle!
« on: August 29, 2002, 07:02:41 AM »
I've just tried the Ascension final battle for the first time.
I was teleported to the Throne, had some interseting conversations with Mel, Jonny and Bodhi (the dialogue between Jonny and Seravok is amazing!). Imoen became the Slayer.
So, the battle started. Oh, and i have Balthazar with me, if it makes any difference.
I killed the two Fallen Solars, Bodhi, and finnaly, Jonny (BTW Wes - Jonny cheats! :) I can send you screenshots of it if you want). Couldn't find Jonny's Simmy, i think he died with Jonny.

OK, now what? Nothing happened!
I saw that i can do something with these green pools... But i couldn't reach them. They were not connected to the main platform. Nothing... It must be something about the pools... But how can i reach them?

Oh, and i kept Immie alive, and when she transformed back, i told her she can join me.
Any help is welcomed, just don't spoil the rest of the battle for me please...                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 11:56:47 AM »
You can send me all the screenshots you want, but I'm not the author of Ascension. Note that he intentionally has a Robe of Vecna, etc.

Shouldn't there be a third fallen solar? I always remember 3.

You should have a dialogue with yourself at this point that says something like "Hey self, go for the pools". If you don't, you may have to reload and do it again.

Kish

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 12:10:15 PM »
Shouldn't there be a third fallen solar? I always remember 3.
The number of fallen solars depends on the difficulty setting, as well as (on Core and above) whether Bodhi changes sides.                    

alson

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2002, 06:47:15 AM »
You should have a dialogue with yourself at this point that says something like "Hey self, go for the pools". If you don't, you may have to reload and do it again.
                   Damn! Any way to CLUA-trigger it?                    

Glcer

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2002, 10:57:55 AM »
Oh, mine Gott, please no!!

I fought that thing about 15 times to win- I'd rather learn hex editing from scratch than have to go in there and fight it again.

Isn't there a variable I can edit with Shadowkeeper or something?  I was happy to see someone else had the same problem, but now its agonizing.                    

Kish

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2002, 12:30:49 PM »
You could always reload and CTRl-Y Jon and Bodhi and the Solars.  Did Balthazar get killed, by any chance?  If he's not on your side, you have a dialogue with yourself saying "go cut off the pools," but if he is, he suggests going after the pools once the battle is over--and it's possible the mod doesn't account for the possibility of him being recruited and then dying in the first battle.  (Unlikely, but possible.)                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Aug 30 2002, 07:33 PM--]

Glcer

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 01:34:07 PM »
No, no Balthazar, but since I *have * succeeded I suppose killing them all with CNTRL-Y wouldn't be too odious.

My personal idea as to why it stuck is that perhaps a mirror image of Jon was invisible or ethereal or something when the real Jon got killed.

/shrug

Ok, thanks Kish.                    

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2002, 01:56:15 PM »
IIRC there should be some kind of code or command to jump to where the mouse cursor.  I think it was something like [CTRL]-J.  Only issue might be the platform fights become harder without the ability to run around.                    

Hrk

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2002, 03:12:27 PM »
Note that he intentionally has a Robe of Vecna, etc.
                   Hey this is not fair!  :lol: If you have found Vecna's secret wardrobe, can I get two of them for Immie and Edwin too?  :lol:                    

reiella

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 03:31:05 PM »
The code to trigger the walkway :

IF
    Dead("finiren") // Jon Irenicus
    OR(2)
        Dead("finbodh") // Bodhi
        Global("BodhiFights","GLOBAL",1)
    Dead("finsolar") // Fallen Solar
    !Exists([ENEMY])
    Global("SetForceWalkwayTimer","AR6200",0)
    Global("FinalFight","AR6200",3)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("SetForceWalkwayTimer","AR6200",1)
        SetGlobalTimer("ForceWalkway","AR6200",30)
END

IF
    GlobalTimerExpired("ForceWalkway","AR6200")
    Global("FinalFight","AR6200",3)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("FinalFight","AR6200",5)
END

The dialog options only trigger on FinalFight being 3 (and then they get set to 5 through the dialog).  (value 4 is set on starting the dialog and signifies that you're talking about it).

IF
    Global("FinalFight","AR6200",5)
    Global("SetUpPools","AR6200",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("SetUpPools","AR6200",1)
        AmbientActivate("AMB_Stream1",TRUE)
        SoundActivate("Bridge3",TRUE)
        OpenDoor("DOOR03")
        AmbientActivate("AMB_Stream2",TRUE)
        SoundActivate("Bridge1",TRUE)
        OpenDoor("DOOR02")
        SoundActivate("Bridge2",TRUE)
        AmbientActivate("AMB_Stream3",TRUE)
        OpenDoor("DOOR01")
END

actually triggers the pools.

I know myself at least when I did ascension had difficulty because the pool's didn't have the energy flowing between them to show the bridge, but I could still cross over.                    

Glcer

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 11:42:30 PM »
Wow- that's excellent information, but alas it seems to be more than I know what to do with.   :P   I tried entering two global variables, [finalfight] and [forcewalkway] (neither were there) with the data you provided, but there's obviously more to it than that.

Then I tried [CNTL-J] to visit the platforms, but the variables for those were obviously not turned on as I could not activate them.  Then I tried [CNTL-Y] to kill everyone after I reloaded Final Save, but that didn't work- odd, since [CNTL-J] did.

If some sorcerous sage has an answer to the dilema, I'm all for the hocus-pokus.

glcer,

Glcer

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 11:45:13 PM »
grumble-grumble-grumble

Ok, please insert CNTL-J and CNTRL-Y in the above message as indicators of how I visited the platforms and how I tried to kill everybody.

...we'd better keep an eye on this technology thing- I think its smarting off.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: