Author Topic: How can I get Bodhi to join me?  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Quitch

• Perfection
  • Planewalker
  • Making the world a better place for evil
How can I get Bodhi to join me?
« on: August 25, 2002, 02:56:22 PM »
I've seen mistakes floating around before both about how to recruit Balthazar and Bodhi, but I didn't realise you'd put them in the readme.

You do not need a high charisma to recruit Bodhi.  It makes a difference, but not the one listed.  If you have a high charisma she offers to join you, if you have a low charisma you have to ask.  It is *not* a requirement.

The reputation and alignments listed are.                    
Past: Ascension
Present: Return to Windspear
Future: Imoen Relationship
"Perfection has no deadline"

Kish

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 06:11:44 PM »
In separate but slightly related news, it's possible for an Evil protagonist to recruit Balthazar, with a high enough Wisdom and Reputation (and all the right dialogue choices).                    

DJG

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 02:27:20 PM »
Wouldn't it be possible to recruit both, by changing your reputation quickly in between recruitments?                    

Kish

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2002, 03:12:51 PM »
No.  Bodhi will not consider allying with anyone who has recruited Balthazar.                    

Darkmist

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 05:52:18 PM »
Can annyone place the:
A. amount of rep you need(-12)
B. the amount of char (+15)
C.Evil Alignment
]]]D. The right dialoge choices????(Need help here)

WHAT ASCEN. FILES DO YOU NEED TO HAVE TO GET HER?
---I Have just the Ascen(No improved demo..etc)

What type of kit is bodhi? Does she have Banter?

Can you get iren? If you can post his to. Thanks!                    

[!--EDIT|Darkmist|Sep 9 2002, 12:59 AM--]

Kish

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2002, 06:32:03 PM »
Can annyone place the:
A. amount of rep you need(-12)
Low.  Don't remember whether it's less than 12 or less than 10.
B. the amount of char (+15)
It doesn't matter (see Quitch's first post to this thread), she'll join you anyway.  You're all she's got.
C.Evil Alignment
Or Neutral.
]]]D. The right dialoge choices????(Need help here)
Ask her if she's just Irenicus' pawn, then offer her a soul if she'll stand with you.
WHAT ASCEN. FILES DO YOU NEED TO HAVE TO GET HER?
---I Have just the Ascen(No improved demo..etc)
Ascension.
What type of kit is bodhi? Does she have Banter?
You seem to be overestimating how long Bodhi stays with the party.  She never actually joins the party and you never see her character sheet.  She fights with the party, that's all.  She's a vampire matriarch, and no, she doesn't have banter, or any interest in anything other than fighting.  (Not that there's much else to do while she's around.)
Can you get iren? If you can post his to. Thanks!
No.  Melissan made him a better offer than you're likely to want to (though if he believes she'll keep it...)                    

Darkmist

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2002, 06:49:50 PM »
Oh that stinks, I thought she was a NPC. So all she does is follow you around for a little bit. Does she help in the final battle with Iren? Oh yeah, The Ascension part, Is there anny things that make the game harder on just the Ascension part? I dont want that                    

Kish

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2002, 07:04:16 PM »
Yes, the Ascension version of Chapter Ten is considerably harder (though also more interesting and more fun) than the standard ToB Chapter Ten.                    

Darkmist

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2002, 08:04:18 PM »
I couldn't imagen making the game harder. I play on easy mode and find myself constantly reloading on boss fights. What about you?                    

Kish

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2002, 09:14:40 PM »
Me personally?  I play on Normal, and rarely have trouble with the fights.  (Which is just the way I like it--combat is pretty close to irrelevant in my view of BG2.)  Ascension adds a lot to ToB in story terms, but it also makes the final combat a lot harder.

I'd suggest saving, a full save with a name, before you go in to Balthazar's Monastery.  Then, if the final battle is too hard for you even on Easy, you can uninstall Ascension, reload that save, and go through the basic ToB finale.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: