Author Topic: So...a weird bug in finale (post-Jon)?  (Read 3340 times)

Bulmasan

So...a weird bug in finale (post-Jon)?
« on: August 19, 2002, 03:44:30 PM »
So... have 1.4.11 installed. Other mods include most of the Weimer ones, plus Kelsey. I get to the "Throne of Bhaal", have snappy patter with Melissan, Bodhi and Jon, defeat the latter two (and their *^%$^ fallen solars), and wait for something to happen. Nothing does. I do a couple of victory laps. Still nothing. I go to Google, do a search, and find a walkthrough at http://home.mho.net/trent.goulding/misc/bg..._ascension.html to see if I can pinpoint where I went wrong.

Apparently at some point the "pools" of energy are supposed to come on, and contain baddies/the Five (don't correct me on the latter if I'm wrong, I just read enough to see if I'd made a mistake, not to be spoiled). Those should be my next ports of call. BUT...there is no stream of energy between the main platform and the pools to cross. I tried clicking in various areas to see if there was something to be turned on. Couldn't find it. Doesn't seem to be any way to access the pools.

I'm using a "recommended" install rather than a full because my old Omnibook 2100 doesn't have enough room for a full install, although the game runs just fine. I've played the game to the same place three times now, the last time after reinstalling the mod. In all cases, whether or not I get through without killing Imoen, the game seems to just have no place to go. I'm mystified.

Is this a problem, or am I being incredibly dense? I have the debug mode activated, so if there are codes that can start it up again that would work fine for me. Or just say "go click on the center energy column, dummy" if that's all that's needed. ^_^ (Yes, I tried that. But I'll try it again if need be!)

Bulmasan

So...a weird bug in finale (post-Jon)?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 11:19:40 AM »
To answer my own message: I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game (including empyting out my "overrides" folder), re-patched Throne of Bhaal, and reinstalled first the Weapons upgrade mod (otherwise I'd have a bunch of naked, weaponless heroes running about) and then the Ascension mod. This time when Jon was killed I got a message indicating that the Essence pools were the key to getting Melissan's attention and, more importantly, the energy streams were on and I could cross to the pools. Previously the message I got was the usual just-came-out-of-Slayer one, which I did think was odd since Imoen had been the Slayer, not me.

No idea where the conflict was. May have just been a case of too many mods. In any event, I'm now having my head handed to me by the Five and am relatively content. ^_^                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: