Author Topic: Cult of the unseeing eye  (Read 2681 times)

Uschi

Cult of the unseeing eye
« on: August 16, 2002, 08:32:31 AM »
I can`t enter the Cult of the unseeing eye.
In the thief stonghold quest i killed everyone in the Lathander temple and with Valen at my side all Paladins turn hostile, so there is no one left to give me the task to destroy the cult and the entrance to the old tunnels is sealed.
Is there a chance to get there any other way? Maybe by changing the Global variables with Shadowkeeper, but I'm not familiar with these things?!

Thanx                    

Kish

Cult of the unseeing eye
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 08:37:18 AM »
Unless you're playing a Good cleric, or have the multi-stronghold component of the Ease of Use mod and a Good protagonist, you get the quest to solve the mystery of the Unseeing Eye from the temple of Helm, not Lathander.  In either of those cases, the question is..."Why does your Good protagonist have a literal and figurative monster in the party?"                    

Uschi

Cult of the unseeing eye
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 05:05:38 PM »
Well, actually I play a good character and have the multiple stronghold installed. Why do I go with Valen? I believe in something good in every creature even a vampire; who cares about a written alignment on a character sheet? If there is nothing good ... learn to know your enemies.

But that doesn't solve my problem: I can't reach that area and need any suggests!

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Cult of the unseeing eye
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 06:09:14 PM »
Change your alignment to neutral with SK just before meeting up with Gaal on the street.                    

Salvanas

Cult of the unseeing eye
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 10:41:20 AM »
I'm a "good" person but I'm also extremely curious about vampires, succubi, incubi and such. I wouldn't mind traveling with one and I definetly don't mind siding with Bodhi and Valen. The Shadow Thieves are spies, assassins, thugs, robbers, and all other types of criminals. Not to mention that Bodhi is rather charming and easy to work with while Aran ALWAYS bites around the bush and is an immense pain in the butt. I hate killing Mook but she dies no matter what side you take. I also do not judge creatures according to their race...If a Pit Fiend doesn't attack me on site, I'd probably say "Hello." I think that even vampires can have some element of good in them...awww...Valen luuuuurves Bodhi...awwww! Or maybe it's just my attraction to dark and mysterious things that go bump in the night... I'd have soooo many questions for Bodhi and Valen about vampirism.                    

Kish

Cult of the unseeing eye
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 11:15:28 AM »
So how long would you travel with Valen?  Up until the first time she attacked an innocent?  Until the Temple of Lathander and the Order of the Radiant Heart turned hostile on you?  Until your Reputation fell to 1 from her actions?

Valen is not a character who makes it easy, or even feasible, to pretend she's anything other than truly evil.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: