Author Topic: How about some COPY_TRANS action?  (Read 2545 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
How about some COPY_TRANS action?
« on: August 14, 2002, 10:39:48 AM »
Kish has just discovered that installing WeiDU Ascension over Kelsey results in Kelsey not getting to offer his advice or commentary on the stay-or-go decision.

That's because these states aren't doing COPY_TRANS, but including the stock transition list from TOB...

Balth2.d

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN a13 // from: 12.0
  SAY @1015 /* ~The choice is your own.  You know yourself better than I.  I simply ask that you consider the life you might have led, the mortal life, had the taint never visited itself upon you back at Candlekeep.  I look forward to my own.~ #80535 */
  IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("Valygar")

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN a14 // from: FINSOL01:32.9
  SAY @1016 /* ~And so it is done.  I believe you have made the right choice.  I look forward to meeting you again on Faerun, [CHARNAME]...as a mortal and a true [PRO_BROTHERSISTER].~ #80544 */
  IF ~OR(2)
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Valygar")

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN a15 // from: FINSOL01:31.9 FINSOL01:30.9 FINSOL01:29.9
  SAY @1017 /* ~And so you take the road less traveled, [CHARNAME].  I cannot say I envy you.  I hope the power brings you what you expect and desire, my friend.  When I look up at the heavens and see the brightest star in the sky, I shall think of you and offer a prayer.~ #80537 */
  IF ~OR(2)
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Valygar")

a13 should pull COPY_TRANS FINSOL01 27.

a14 should pull COPY_TRANS FINSOL01 32

a15 can't cleanly be solved by a single COPY_TRANS because it branches off of FINSOL01 29, 30, and 31 (depending on how crabby the Solar is about things.) Kelsey patches all three, and then I made the executive decision to pull COPY_TRANS 29 figuring that if somebody was going to be lazy and only patch one, they'd patch the lowest-numbered one first. So, COPY_TRANS 29 would be my recommendation.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 05:45:29 PM »
Changed locally to match your suggestions, will appear in the next update.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 06:16:37 PM »
Wooooo. COPY_TRANS strikes again!

You might want to one-shot those transitions to a13, a14, and a15 as you did with Solaufein at TOL and Hell, for safety's sake.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: