Author Topic: When Bodhi abducts just Kelsey  (Read 3760 times)

Aubrey

When Bodhi abducts just Kelsey
« on: August 10, 2002, 06:21:46 AM »
First time I went through the game Solaufein was the only and alone romance interest, so Bodhi abducted him, and made my party's life a living hell (we all know how difficult this battle is, right?).  Now that my pc is romancing Kelsey, Bodhi abducted Kelsey, all right, but not Solaufein.

In the README SolaRomance we read: Solaufein will be abducted by Bodhi regardless of whether you are romancing him or how far you have gotten in the romance. She just thinks he's neato.

If so, why not abducting both Solaufein and Kelsey? I noticed that there is no reference on Kelsey in the README, and Weimer clearly states that, apart from Solaufein, Bodhi will abduct Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen or Aerie. Meaning: no one else.

However, wouldn't it be interesting to see her abducting both Solaufein  and Kelsey?

Just a thought

Cheers                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 09:44:51 AM »
In what order did you install the two mods (if you can't tell, post the file "weidu.log" here)? Solaufein works hard to make sure that everyone is abducted ('cause I'm a multi-romance kinda guy). Kelsey follows the traditional (and perhaps more sensical) route of BGII monogamy: only one love interest should be allowed, therefore only one abduction.

Aubrey

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 11:10:28 AM »
So, does this mean you have designed it to the last detail? I'm really glad.
 :D

Okay, I first installed Sola mod, then Kelsey full + Kelsey patch. I have no other mods installed.

Side note: two-three days ago I did do a new installation of the game because I was experiencing the looping dialogues in the Tree of Life (firstly I unistalled BGII, cleared any remained keys from registry, and then start over again).

What do you think?

Cheers

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 11:13:49 AM »
Okay, I first installed Sola mod, then Kelsey full + Kelsey patch. I have no other mods installed.

Right. So in this case. Bodhi abducts Kelsey and then stops looking for people to abduct. If we so chose to, we could COPY_TRANS in the eventual SOA 1.0.5. Hmmm.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Aubrey

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 11:18:37 AM »
Hmmm??? :huh: What about now?

Please, what I don't want to hear, from anyone, is that I will have to unistall and re-install the mods.  For some strange reason, my pc's intelligence is limited and it likes messing up with files.   :(

Cheers                    

[!--EDIT|Aubrey|Aug 10 2002, 08:19 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 11:17:14 PM »
Sorry, in this particular case you're probably limited to having either one or the other abducted. Kick Kelsey out for a few seconds just before going to the graveyard, perhaps. Jason, will that kill the romance?

Optionally, if someone has sola installed over kelsey they could post BODHIAMB.DLG here and you could just copy it to your override folder. You might get blurred dialogue, but all of the cutscenes would happen. :-)                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 11:36:16 PM »

Jason, will that kill the romance?

Says one of the original Kelsey-SOA beta testers!

No, it won't, Kelsey doesn't mind kick-outs.                    

[!--EDIT|jcompton|Aug 11 2002, 12:36 AM--]
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Aubrey

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2002, 01:29:08 AM »
No, it won't, Kelsey doesn't mind kick-outs.

...but he does mind you holding hands with another man. :rolleyes:  :P

Cheers                    

Aubrey

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2002, 01:37:48 AM »
Sorry, in this particular case you're probably limited to having either one or the other abducted. Kick Kelsey out for a few seconds just before going to the graveyard, perhaps.

If I leave Kelsey out, is Bodhi supposed to re-appear in the graveyard "lobby"? And can we be sure that both of them will be resurrected afterwards, in Temple Ruins?

Cheers                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: