Author Topic: Valen's claws  (Read 2850 times)

Aislaby

Valen's claws
« on: July 28, 2002, 10:11:21 AM »
I got Valen past the 1 mil exp mark and she kindly upgraded herself, however her claws weren't available on the main screen and were still in her inventory but i can't equipt it. i have the latest version (21) installed. I had a simlar problem with the lich template with its own weapon that vanished after i put more than 2 weapons on.                    

Kish

Valen's claws
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 12:26:14 PM »
Wes announced he'll fix that in the next Valen version.  For the meantime...

Put a weapon (it doesn't matter what weapon) in her second weapon slot.  Make sure that weapon is her active weapon.  Save.

Go into Shadowkeeper ( http://www.mud-master.com/ , if you don't already have it), access the saved game.  Switch the position of her weapons (so that her claws are in her second weapon slot and the other weapon you chose is in her first weapon slot).  That should fix the problem, for now, and the new version should be out before she hits 2 million and it happens again.                    

Aislaby

Valen's claws
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 04:42:29 PM »
ok thanks for the advice. i did fix the problem with editing the weapon but that was a little long winded. your idea seams faster.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Valen's claws
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 01:27:30 PM »
v22 (available now) fixes this problem. You may talk to Valen directly and she will reform her claws (they are no longer "undroppable"). Blah blah, abuse blah, roleplay blah, don't do it, blah, weimer not the police, blah.

I hope this fixes the problems people have been reporting with disappearing claws.

Kish

Valen's claws
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 01:44:21 PM »
Blah blah, abuse blah, roleplay blah, don't do it, blah, weimer not the police, blah.
LOL...You know, I am so tempted to ask for permission to use this for a .sig.  Especially the "weimer not the police" part.

(No, I'm not actually doing it.)

The other temptation, since she will reform her claws, is to leave sets of her claws all over Amn in the mailboxes of people we don't like for a practical joke.                    

Klaussner

Valen's claws
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 10:38:29 AM »
I think I found a bug with Valen's claws:
ey're at third leel of power (2-3 Mxp) and everytime I backstab I get the string
"your weapon isn't right for backstab"

I checked the claws with NearInfinity but they are still considered as daggers.
How can I solve this problem?                    

reiella

Valen's claws
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 05:40:47 PM »
Known bug actually, it occurs for the same reason that Valygar can't always backstab with his family blade (I err think :P).  Hopefully fixed soon.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: