Author Topic: Problem with Sola mod v67  (Read 3376 times)

Aubrey

Problem with Sola mod v67
« on: August 02, 2002, 10:00:07 AM »
Sola v67: I downloaded and installed the latest version, and continued with a previous saved game, but there were a couple of strange things happening. All began when I rejected Solaufein's proposal to dance for Kelsey's sake. His answer (my heart's still bleeding) was the beginning of a series of actions going wrong:

You know that after the dance it comes the children dialogue. I used the "Talk" icon on his avatar, and we talked about it; afterwards he asked me if we could go out of the city at night for he was feeling the calling of Eilistraee. We went and I was asked to follow him a bit away from the others.

NOW, the only answer to his request reads, "Very well".
BUT "Very well" is what Anomen usually replies when pc gives him an order to do something. It seems to me (though I haven't the faintest idea of tech issues) that the game was messed up at this point, because when I was about to click on the answer I heard Anomen saying, "Very well" :blink:

Assuming that this isn't such a big issue, we carry on with the game. Eilistraee grants Solaufein her gift and right after, Solaufein says his lines: "Oh, sweet rapture! I have felt the hand of Eilistraee....", and so on. Next time I go to talk him he repeats the same thing. I try Keldorn to go and talk to him, and Solaufein repeats his lines. Every time a party member goes to talk to him, Solaufein repeats saying the same things, so that in the end he looks as if he's being in some catatonic-like state.

I don't know if you, Westley, have designed him that way, and if so, that's fine with me. But the first thing it crossed my mind it was that it consists  some kind of problem with the game in general --possibly because I had thought that if I would turn him down and then try to talk to him again, he would say, "I have nothing to say right now, my friend".

The other path: If I choose to dance with Solaufein (*sigh*) Kelsey loses his temper, packs and leaves. All the actions and dialogues afterwards run smoothy, save for the black ravens philosophical discussion. When we come to this discussion, Solaufein's lines come to a halt right after the sentence which starts like that:

"In any event, ravens are not my concern. But imagine instead that you are trying to prove that all drow are evil...." etc.

I tried again and the dialogue started over only to come to a halt at exactly the same point. I sent Immy to talk to him, and he started all over again... After that I broke down... and that's where I still am!

Your suggestions, Westley, are....?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 10:22:11 AM »
The other path: If I choose to dance with Solaufein (*sigh*) Kelsey loses his temper, packs and leaves. All the actions and dialogues afterwards run smoothy, save for the black ravens philosophical discussion. When we come to this discussion, Solaufein's lines come to a halt right after the sentence which starts like that:
                   (Just a reminder, Wes, as you try to diagnose this one: Kelsey conflict doesn't touch any Sola variables. It just reads and reacts.)                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 11:00:18 PM »
Thank you for reporting these problems, Aubrey. Both of them are fixed in the newest release (available now).

The looping thing was a dialogue bug, and the raven thing was another (a quick-fix is to drop Keldorn for that convo). The next time he says "she has touched my soul" or whatnot the variable will get updated correctly and you'll move on.                    

Aubrey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 08:26:50 AM »
Thanks, Weimer. I'll install the new version and let you know.

Cheers                    

[!--EDIT|Aubrey|Aug 3 2002, 11:55 PM--]

Aubrey

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 06:50:32 AM »
@Weimer --

Even in v68, Anomen still answers on behalf of pc to Solaufein's request for going a bit away from the rest party members.

I think you might need to change pc's reply from a "Very well" to something else.

Cheers                    

[!--EDIT|Aubrey|Aug 6 2002, 03:51 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 09:21:04 AM »
@Weimer --

Even in v68, Anomen still answers on behalf of pc to Solaufein's request for going a bit away from the rest party members.

I think you might need to change pc's reply from a "Very well" to something else.

Cheers
                   I don't understand what you are saying.

Does Anomen in your party actually textually present the line? As in:

Code: [Select]
Solaufein - Come with me for a while.

Anomen - Very well.

Or is it more like this:

Code: [Select]
Solaufein - Come with me for a while.

Aubrey - Very well.

... but you hear Anomen's voice-over acting anyway?                    

Aubrey

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2002, 11:02:10 AM »
I don't understand what you are saying.

Then, I suppose you hadn't understood either what I was saying in my very first post above.

Anyway, I mean the second: Anomen's voice is heard to say, "Very well".                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: