Author Topic: Disintegrating bodies  (Read 2785 times)

Kish

Disintegrating bodies
« on: July 27, 2002, 06:21:29 PM »
Something about Valen's claws occasionally disintegrates slain enemies, treasure and all.  Most notably, I will never have the efreeti bottle in this game unless I cheat it in.

This might be an intentional balancing factor, but as it's not in the ReadMe, I'll guess it's a bug.                    

reiella

Disintegrating bodies
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 06:27:30 PM »
This is actually the result of level drain.  Not quite disintegration but similiar.
It's the target being turned to stone then chunkified...

Blackrazor does this as well, and it's the cost of using Level Draining weapons (engine level 'problem' I believe, but it's been a bug that's been about since SoA).                    

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Disintegrating bodies
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 06:59:16 PM »
So that wasn't just me? I would CLUA Blackrazor in, but I would turn all of my level drained opponents to stone chunks, which hasn't happened to me when I have been killed by Level Drain, that just killed Valygar and made his level normal again.                    

reiella

Disintegrating bodies
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 08:15:50 PM »
Yep, there are some more ... safeguards in place for Party characters (I'd assume it's posisble for items to go poof if you're playing on a difficulty that can result in Permanent Death), but yes that is/was a known bug.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Disintegrating bodies
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 11:59:44 PM »
In my experience, turning off "Gore" in the options bit will prevent the bodies from chunking and may allow you to get the loot (depending on how obscure this bug is). I just started noticing it myself when I turned gore back on.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: