Author Topic: Balthazar Monk Powers for PC  (Read 3444 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Balthazar Monk Powers for PC
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:20:08 PM »
<!--Messages-->
[!-Post: 2600-!][!-Time: 1027313349-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2600]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Ravynn[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 09:49 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] This question has to do with the abilites that were added to Balthazar's repretoire...

Is there anyway to make these usable by your own PC monk?

I've attempted in the past, to no avail.  Of course, I also don't know very much about the IE yet.

Any ideas? [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2600-!]
[!-Post: 2601-!][!-Time: 1027316654-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2601]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 10:44 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!][font SIZE="-2"][font COLOR="0000ff"] This question has to do with the abilites that were added to Balthazar's repretoire...  [/font][/font]

The Shadowless Kick and whatnot? Yeah, with a bit of hacking they could be given to a monk character as special abilities like the stunning blow. It would be easier to draw up a special "monk ai script" that used them, however.[!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2601-!]
[!-Post: 2611-!][!-Time: 1027354046-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2611]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Ravynn[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 09:07 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] How about adding them in with Shadowkeeper, etc, not necessarily making them available at certain levels, just placing them onto the character...

Whenever they are added, no icon shows up in the Innates.

Plus there's the fact that I don't believe I could make the simplest script to save my life.  lol.

Is there a Monk AI script around somewhere that currently uses these? [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2611-!]
[!-Post: 2619-!][!-Time: 1027362259-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2619]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 11:24 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!][font SIZE="-2"][font COLOR="0000ff"]Whenever they are added, no icon shows up in the Innates. [/font][/font]

Change the spell (using NI) so that its type is Innate and its level is 0 or 1.  

Monk AI script? How about GB-Figh, which you can get from the same place as the Expanded Thief Stronghold, see link from main Sola page.[!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2619-!]
[!-Post: 2628-!][!-Time: 1027369015-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2628]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Ravynn[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:16 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Alrighty, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks much. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2628-!]
[!-Post: 2629-!][!-Time: 1027369769-!]

[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2629]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Ravynn[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:29 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Short on time and needing to download Java...so..

It should work if I just change the spell levels with Spell Editor, correct?

We'll see. [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2629-!]
[!-Post: 2632-!][!-Time: 1027370872-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2632]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:weimer@cs.berkeley.edu"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Westley Weimer (Admin)[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 01:47 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Changing just the level will not be enough (in my experience). You need to change the spell type to Innate if it is not already. Good luck! [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2632-!]

[!-Post: 2645-!][!-Time: 1027389854-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2645]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.')" onMouseOver="window.status = 'The e-mail address and profile information for the individual posting this message is not available.'; return true"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Ravynn[!-/Name-!][/a] on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 07:04 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Well, things didn't work out. [img SRC="http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/discus/clipart/sad.gif" ALT=":("]

The spells were already innate, and I made sure of that.  I then changed the level of each spell to 1.  They still will not show up in game under the innate abilities icon.  Still not usable.

An idea I did have, where could I find the script that Balthazor himself uses, or would that unstable and unusable on my monk?

The fighter script you mentioned did not have the abilities in it's script, so that is a no go as well.

I don't know what to do, I'd like to try the abilites out though.  Any more ideas, suggestions? [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2645-!]
[!-Post: 2658-!][!-Time: 1027442704-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2658]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 09:45 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Uhm you need to increase the number of times memorized to 1 at least on each of the abilities. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2658-!]
[!-End-!]
[a name=MB]

<!--/Messages-->                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: