Author Topic: Uncommon (?) Ascension Finale Bug  (Read 2505 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Uncommon (?) Ascension Finale Bug
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:17:55 PM »
<!--Messages-->
[!-Post: 2184-!][!-Time: 1025914913-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2184]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 05:21 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Simply put, some of the Five refuse to die in the final battle (they stay at 'nearly dead' even using CTRL-Y).  I've been having this problem with various versions of Ascension, even after the 'not dying fix' was implemented.  I also recall having the same problem occasionally with the Abazigal dragon battle.

This appears to occur to Sendai, Abazigal, Illasera and Yaga-Shura.  I've never seen it happen to Mellisan or Sarevok.  

The worst part is, I can't reproduce this bug consistenly.  Sometimes I can get through the entire battle without any problems.  The only way to check if any of them is invulnerable is to CTRL-Y, but this kills them if they're not so it's bit of a dilemma.

Anybody else have this problem? [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2184-!]
[!-Post: 2185-!][!-Time: 1025917168-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2185]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="mailto:Kish_K@pacbell.net"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Kish[!-/Name-!][/a] on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 05:59 pm:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Yes.  See the thread "WeiDU Ascension 3 bug."

Dyara told me how to get around it.  It's still a nuisance, but it hasn't been a game-wrecker since then.

Dyara's reply was:

By Dyara on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 03:30 am:

Hmmm, you´re the first one who encountered this with the fix installed.

The next time try to play with debug mode on. If it happens again you can check the "death variable":

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DeathScriptSend","AR6200")

If the value is '1' you can set it back to '0' with

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeathScriptSend","AR6200",0)

After this she should die immediatly.

If "DeathScriptSend" was '0' then it´s another problem that´s independent from my fix.

The variables for the other Five are

DeathScriptAbaz
DeathScriptGrom
DeathScriptIlla
DeathScriptSare
DeathScriptSend
DeathScriptYaga [!-/Text-!] [p]

[!-/Post: 2185-!]
[!-Post: 2192-!][!-Time: 1025966128-!]
[table BGCOLOR=#ccccff WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 BORDERCOLOR=#0000ff] [tr][td][font FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"][font SIZE=-1] [a NAME=POST2192]  By [!-Email-!][a HREF="javascript:alert('* Anonymous *');"][!-/Email-!][!-Name-!]Anonymous[!-/Name-!][/a] on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 07:35 am:[/font][/td][/tr][/table][p] [!-Text-!] Much obliged.  That solved the problem. [!-/Text-!] [p]
[!-/Post: 2192-!]
[!-End-!]
[a name=MB]

<!--/Messages-->                    

Littiz

Uncommon (?) Ascension Finale Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 02:51:57 AM »
I also experienced this, WITH the fix installed....
Caused to me a lot of troubles...  ;)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: