Author Topic: Ding0's Tweak Pack  (Read 128173 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Ding0's Tweak Pack
« on: April 01, 2004, 10:25:20 AM »
Please see the readme for details on the components.

The latest version is available over at http://www.pocketplane.net/sim/.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:46:43 PM by SimDing0™ »

Offline Zaephir-Moth

• Lonely entity...
  • Planewalker
  • I rule the Hight-Council, I AM the Hight-Coucil !
Re: Ding0's Tweak Pack
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:28:59 AM »

Hum... just a question Sim, why is there mentionned a v9.0 component ( "Smarter Irenicus") in the v8.0 Readme file ?
Would you already have secret projects... like making such a thing ? :D

Cheers
This is what I want to be,
This is what I need,
This is who I want to be with...
... but I know it will never be mine... never be mine.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 11:30:59 AM »
I seem to have made a slight, um, error. Heheh.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 06:09:34 PM »
Regarding Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fix....

Anomen: Is there any way to make this contiguous with the tweak that grants the LG Anomen the Priest of Helm kit and the CN Anomen the Berserker kit? (LennonCook & I had the same idea, but we also planned to have Cor appropriate the Delryn Family Shield and Helmet when disowning Anomen, with the items recoverable after his death.) Even if not, should the CN Anomen recieve *any* Holy Symbol at all?

Viconia: I suggest a slight addition to DIALOG.TLK, turning her into a Priestess of Shar, and giving her (or her Holy Symbol) some Abilities related to Shar's portfolio, such as Blindness and PW: Blind.

Aerie: I don't think Multiclassed Priests (apart from Fighter/Clerics & Ranger/Clerics) should be allowed kits at all, but some minor Nature-based special abilities, such as Goodberries, Entangle, Charm/Summon Animal, or Tracking might not be amiss.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 08:22:32 PM »
If you want Viconia to be a Priest of Shar, grab the Cleric remix mod :).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 08:42:06 PM »
If Anomen the a Priest of Helm kit he'll get the Holy Symbol of Helm. Ghrey's Fix will be redundent in this case, but it can be safely installed along with Kit Anomen in order to get the other fixes.

I like the idea of Anomen not getting a Holy Symbol if he is CN. I might implement that myself.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

fallen demon

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 05:06:12 PM »
I was wondering if this was known to be incompatible w/ any other mods.  I have tob, big picture (along with tdd, sos and ts), npc banterpack, freedoms reign-reign of virtue, item upgrade and npc flirt installed and the unlimited summoning and kill cespanar components wont work, i have yet to encounter any demons to test the other components.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 05:40:51 PM »
Unlimited summonning requires ToB, but I'm assuming you have that considering the mods you list. Aside from that, I see no way in which they could fail to install; can you send me an installation log showing the failure?

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 06:28:52 PM »
can you send me an installation log showing the failure?
sure.  How would i get this.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 06:43:03 PM »
After the installation fails, a setup-d0tweak.debug file should appear in your BG2 directory. This is what I need. Send it to SimDing0@pocketplane.net

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 02:11:13 PM »
Okay, have I misunderstood the problem you're having? There's no installation error showing up in the log, so did you mean it wasn't working ingame rather than it was failing to install?

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 06:36:46 PM »
Yah, it said it installed but the fetures didn't come up ingame srry for not being clear.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 05:48:46 PM »
The unlimited summonning component won't affect summonning spells installed by other mods. There may also be some mods which overwrite its effects, meaning it's wise to install it after them.

As for Kill Cespenar, the only explanation I can think of is something else overwriting the Cespenar creature.

readme

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 11:22:56 PM »
This tweak pack seems nice.. I'm thinking about installing it atop Big Picture too but I've some questions:

1 - Does your mod replaces the creatures, itens, scripts, whatsoever.. or it just changes (or append, if thats the right term) the ones being used ? Cause if, for example, it changes the Celestial Fury .itm (or whatever the extension) , dont think I could upgrape it since the item identity was changed and cromwell would not recognize it as being the exact same celestial fury wich he has an upgrape for. I may be wrong but this seems how things work.

2 - Lets say BP uses a different Sarevok, wich is named (hopefully) slightly different than the one the normal game uses, weidu would aplly changes to this one, or would try to find the original sarevok.. or would aplly changes regardless of name and maybe the game would crash when he appears, or its a wait for sarevok to appear and see what happens kind of thing ?

3 - Lets say I've another mod installed wich also may change demons behaviors (BP probably has one but who knows, I'm just guessing so theres less to worry about later :)  ), I take its a script who makes that behavior thingy.. in any case, wich one would take precedence, your script or the ones that were trying to command demons before it ?

4 - Would you recomend NOT to install some components ?

5 - Last and more important, how many times can I kill cespy ? I can ressurect and rekill him as many times as I his reeducation process takes right ?

sorry if my questions are well.. dumb or pointless, I just dont have enough knowledge in this department :)

Nice mod anyway.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 04:25:51 AM »
1 - Does your mod replaces the creatures, itens, scripts, whatsoever.. or it just changes (or append, if thats the right term) the ones being used ? Cause if, for example, it changes the Celestial Fury .itm (or whatever the extension) , dont think I could upgrape it since the item identity was changed and cromwell would not recognize it as being the exact same celestial fury wich he has an upgrape for. I may be wrong but this seems how things work.
The Celestial Fury ITM isn't touched. All I do is extend a few scripts. The majority of components avoid overwriting, with exceptions such as the Goodberries component, which overwrites the spell, and the Cespenar component, which overwrites the creature (although this can easily be changed to patch it instead if compatibility issues arise).

2 - Lets say BP uses a different Sarevok, wich is named (hopefully) slightly different than the one the normal game uses, weidu would aplly changes to this one, or would try to find the original sarevok.. or would aplly changes regardless of name and maybe the game would crash when he appears, or its a wait for sarevok to appear and see what happens kind of thing ?
I don't touch Sarevok's CRE, but the weapon he uses, and this is patched rather than overwritten.

3 - Lets say I've another mod installed wich also may change demons behaviors (BP probably has one but who knows, I'm just guessing so theres less to worry about later   ), I take its a script who makes that behavior thingy.. in any case, wich one would take precedence, your script or the ones that were trying to command demons before it ?
Mine should do.

4 - Would you recomend NOT to install some components ?
My general design philosophy is to create mods that I would play with myself. The components I'd recommend giving most consideration are Restore Dimension Door, Summonning Cap Removal, and Kill Cespenar.

5 - Last and more important, how many times can I kill cespy ? I can ressurect and rekill him as many times as I his reeducation process takes right ?
How are you planning to resurrect him? :)

Nice mod anyway.
Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.

readme

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 11:33:50 AM »
doh...  was hoping the mod itself allowed me to ressuct cespy :/

tnks for the reply :)

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58:53 AM »
Will the goodberries part work in Tutu?
I'm drooling at the thought of 3 point healing in Tutu.  ;D

!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 11:59:22 AM »
Yeh, it should do.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 12:10:01 PM »
So obviously skip the things that appear ot apply only to SoA/Tob, and install after Tutu in the Tutu install directory (I hope. It's already installed with the old interface, and it seems to work, must have done something right)
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »
Is there any chance that you could post an alternative, less proprietary packaging of the TweakPack? That is, .rar or .zip (like the QuestPack for instance)? As as Mac user, it's a bit of a hassle having to first copy the archive to a pc to be able to expand it, and then copying it back.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 01:42:45 PM »
All my mods currently are SFX-RAR-- and I'm sure Macs must have some archiving tool which can open SFX files as normal RARs. (And if you can extract Quest Pack, you should be able to extract anything I've made.)

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 01:46:26 PM »
Indeed you are correct. Please excuse my previous moronic post, as I should have tried downloading the most recent version before posting it. Apparently the uncooperative archive was less recent than I remembered. :-[

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 01:47:20 PM »
Well, I'm just pleased to hear that it actually IS possible to extract SFX files on a Mac, since I've just been assuming all this time. So thanks. :)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 10:34:47 AM »
v14 is out. Everybody should go enjoy Sensible Lore, Improved Backstabbing, NPCs/Summons Set Off Traps, and Slower Walking Speeds!

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:39 PM »
Great job Sim! (As always ;) )
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: