Author Topic: Planescape: Torment  (Read 46499 times)

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
Re: Planescape: Torment
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
Well, I was thinking more of plot items that are (literally) part of TNO, like your eyeballs (TNO has a eye inventory slot) and erm.. entrails that at one point may get moved outside your body stirring all sort of memories. ;)

And if I got it pieced together right it was not the first incarnation that was responsible of Deyanorra's(or Kivan's) death... ;)  That's actually what gripes me most of this project: you're willingly giving away the change to figure out the twists of the plot for the first time. Of course it's your choice, but forgive me if I can't get it. :)

Well, I'll see how it goes. If it's impossible, it's impossible. As for challenges... well, the way I look at it, is either I will play it spoiled, or will not play it at all - so I am looking for a different sort of a challenge. Modding shows you the way to destroy the sanctity of a published work - for good or for bad. For my restless and easily-bored character it's what makes crpg fun. I guess I spent too many years of my life in awe of the published word and authorities and doing things 'the right way'... I want more to depend on my personal preferences and desires wherever I can.

It's all my hubby's fault anyway, because he is using the computer which is capable of running NWN and IWD2. So, if I need diversion from BG1 (which despite all evidence to point otherwise, I do need), I am stuck with PST and BG2.  BG2 bores me to tears, and PST I can never manage to keep playing. So, PST finiking arpound it is :) Domi's logic...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 12:35:25 PM by Ashara »
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2008, 04:23:16 AM »
Well there is a no talking about politics rule in the general forum so I imagine it probably applies here too.  (So I'll get in quick)
Yep, I know. I just hoped that marginal references to PS:T would be enough to allow some leeway on that. I think, we're way past that point, though.

Um...wasn't this thread about PsT?  Having played Torment many times I don't get the feeling of Marxist developers under the bed or hiding like bogey people in the wardrobe.  It sounds like an emotional right wing reaction.  It's a game, a good game but not a revolutionary agenda.
I'm of that opinion, as well.

EDIT Topic split. Kulyok is faster, I always say.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:25:42 AM by Daulmakan »

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2008, 04:54:21 AM »
Oops, moved to the other thread.

Qwinn

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: