Author Topic: No audio?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Kneller

• Planewalker
No audio?
« on: May 21, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
I decided to take this mod out for a spin again. How could I resist one of the best D&D adaptations with some of the best character writing? I'm playing the GOG IWD Complete version, if it matters. I loaded it up, created my character, and started a game. I was suspicious in character creation when I went to play the VOs and nothing happened. When I started the game, and everyone had their intro comments, there was no VO there, as well. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Update: One thing I noticed when poking through the files is that there were folders for the character sound files in the Sounds directory, but no actual sound files. So, I copied over the sound files from the install directory, thinking that would solve it, but it didn't.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:42:41 AM by Kneller »

Salt

Re: No audio?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 02:13:17 AM »
Sorry to necro. Having the same problem here, have tried disabling EAX sound and will try a few more settings. I'd be grateful for a solution if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!

Salt

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 08:48:56 AM »
CamDawg on the Gibberlings3 discord was kind enough to provide a fix, and has filed a pull request to implement a solution in the main branch of the mod's repository, so hopefully a general fix should be forthcoming.

To resolve the problem yourself, you need a text editor, preferably one that can count lines of code.

The steps involved are as follows:

0. Delete any .ogg files you might have copied to the game's /Sound/ folders. Those aren't going to help. Leave the ones in the mod directory, of course.

1. Open up Setup-IWDNPC.tp2 in your text editor of choice. It'll be in the /iwdnpc/ mod folder in your game directory. Personally I like Notepad++, which is free and I find to be fairly intuitive.

2. Find the location of the following code block (should start at line 805 or so):

"ACTION_IF ("%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~WIN32~ = 1) THEN BEGIN // Windows
    AT_NOW ~IWDNPC/Audio/AudioInstall.bat~
    AT_UNINSTALL ~IWDNPC/Audio/AudioUninstall.bat~
END
ACTION_IF ("%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~OSX~ = 1) THEN BEGIN // OSX
    AT_NOW ~IWDNPC/Audio/iwdnpc-installaudio-osx.sh~
    AT_UNINSTALL ~IWDNPC/Audio/iwdnpc-removeaudio-osx.sh~
END"

3. Replace the code in the block with the following:

"// Install audio files
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ END
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/sounds/o#holvir~ output_path = ~sounds/o#holvir~ END
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/sounds/o#korin~  output_path = ~sounds/o#korin~ END
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/sounds/o#nella~  output_path = ~sounds/o#nella~ END
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/sounds/o#severn~ output_path = ~sounds/o#severn~ END
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO STR_VAR oggdec_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ sox_path = ~iwdnpc/audio~ audio_path = ~iwdnpc/sounds/o#teri~   output_path = ~sounds/o#teri~ END"

4. Save the file, making sure to not save it with any extension other than what it had. Notepad++ will claim it's saving it as a text file, but shouldn't change the format

5. Use the mod's setup file to un-install the mod.

6. Re-install the mod with the setup file.

7. Either start a new game and generate new characters with the appropriate custom soundsets chosen, or go to your savegame featuring the NPCs and go to the character screen, hit customize, and choose the custom soundsets for that character. The sounds should play if you've done this all correctly.

That worked well for me. You may still have to fiddle with the game's config utility or reinstall other mods afterward, but that's about it so far.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 12:06:07 PM »
Thanks for posting the solution here, and thanks CamDawg for the fix!

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »
This is fixed in v9.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: