Author Topic: IWD NPC Updates to v8 with Polish Version!  (Read 798 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
IWD NPC Updates to v8 with Polish Version!
« on: September 28, 2021, 12:14:07 PM »
IWD NPC updates to v8! Thanks to Ril for the Polish version and morgan for most of the improvements!

Changelog:
- Polish translation by Ril
- readme call moved to before installation
- mod now uses HANDLE_CHARSETS and ANSI coded text files
- Audio handling for IWDEE and IWD-in-BGII changed to HANDLE_AUDIO
- Language folders moved into subfolder "language"
- added DESIGNATED tags to components
- optional components will only be available if the main component is installed
- Weidu updated to v247

amyfox

Re: IWD NPC Updates to v8 with Polish Version!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 11:29:39 AM »
love the idea of polish translation and I was really excited for it as polish person but translation is badly made. Many words been wrongly translated and I wish it was made properly. It's not mean comment just mini request perhaps to correct it better but I know it was lotsa work to do so Thank You. I hope IWD2 NPC mod also will get transaled!

Offline Ril

• Planewalker
Re: IWD NPC Updates to v8 with Polish Version!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »
@amyfox
I'm sorry to hear you find this as badly translated, but since you've found a lot of wrongly translated words, maybe it's true. I have never claimed to be infallible, so I do not deny it. At the same time, I admire your commitment as I suspect that this must have required some skills and it took some time to judge the quality of this translation.

If you want to go into details, feel free to start a thread in the Icewind Dale section, on the Polish forum dedicated to Infinity Engine games:
http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=5f010b4972b4bb7aaf2c0ea2b1968f85

Your comments (even partial) may prove valuable in a case that someone undertakes to correct this translation. (Probably not me, because such a self-correction would be rather ineffective).

Well, thanks for the feedback anyway. And I also hope that someone will someday translate the IWD2 NPC mod into Polish.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: