Author Topic: WeiDU 247 seems to have broken Generalized Biffing installation  (Read 411 times)

Offline Gwendolyne_FP

• Planewalker
Hi, wisp.

Everything is said in the title and I can't find in the change-log which WeiDU 247 new feature may cause this. Could you have a look at this please ?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:07:42 PM by Gwendolyne_FP »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: WeiDU 247 seems to have broken Generalized Biffing installation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
I am unable to reproduce this problem. Steps were: start from original games, install fixpack, install BGT (I chose not to biff), install gen_biff with 247: biff everything. The game works the same with or without gen_biff. As you have observed, none of the changes for 247 should have impacted MAKE_BIFF (which is not to say none did, and there are also changes in the compile environment).

Offline Gwendolyne_FP

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
Thanks for looking at it.

I also could not reproduce it with a vanilla ToB + ToBEx + BG2 Fixpack game.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »
Like I said in the SHS thread, it's very likely that this all involves a non-Latin character usage during the Gen Biff's install, while Infinity Animations was installed during Latin character usage, as then biffing will likely just not find the resources marked in the game, which leads to having animation failure and thus crash.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:24:47 PM »
Like I said in the SHS thread, it's very likely that this all involves a non-Latin character usage during the Gen Biff's install, while Infinity Animations was installed during Latin character usage, as then biffing will likely just not find the resources marked in the game, which leads to having animation failure and thus crash.
This could likely be correct. Due to changes in OCaml, WeiDU 247 is doing case manipulations in US-ASCII, instead of in Latin-1 (which 246 used), which mangles the file names of many of IA's files. The force is telling me this is going to suuuuck.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 10:57:02 PM »
I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of filenames suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly mangled.

Offline Gwendolyne_FP

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 07:47:12 AM »
This could likely be correct. Due to changes in OCaml, WeiDU 247 is doing case manipulations in US-ASCII, instead of in Latin-1 (which 246 used), which mangles the file names of many of IA's files. The force is telling me this is going to suuuuck.

That means I know what I have to do: hasten AI update. ;)

Offline jastey

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 01:49:36 AM »
Guys, you can't do this, one can't browse secretely in the office while having to LOL while reading!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: