Author Topic: BG1UB updates to v16.4 with completed Spanish Translation and Improvements!  (Read 2831 times)

Offline jastey

• Planewalker
The mod updates to v16.2!

v16.2 comes with changes as listed below. Main change is that the component "Coran & the Wyvern" is now again enabled for BGT!

Currently, the new version is only availbale from the official PPG GitHub Mirror.
PPG Download page will be updated when I send Kulyok all updated mod packages.

Changes:
- Re-eabled Coran and The Wyvern component for BGT
- Svlast will be at his place at all times of day.
- Moved NimFurlwing and her dogs further south to make the encounter compatible with Aurora Shoes and Boots which spawns a great horde of monsters where bg1ub placed the Furlwing encounter originally.
- Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Watch on level 6 will now have same random dialogue as the watches on the other library levels (spawn watch9.cre instead of custom version of watch2).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:07:41 AM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Planewalker
bg1ub updates to v16.4!
The update comes with a completed Spanish translation by OmegaZeroVIII and some improvements. Kivan's interjection with Tazok should no longer prevent Tazok getting hostile in BGT.

Changelog v16.4:
- Changed syntax of Kivan's interjection with Tazok to make it more stable (I_C_T instead of I_C_T2).
- Spanish version updated and completed by OmegaZeroVIII.
- Corrected entry for "Beregost_House08_L2" in cpmvars.tpas.
- Readme updated.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Thanks for this new release, jastey!

By the way, since AstroBryGuy is unfortunately no longer maintaining BG1 UB I was wondering if you may be interested in taking over the development of the Waste Quest restoration, which I thought was an excellent new component. I know you are a busy modder but you are also specialized in creating quests so...  :) I would help, if needed, any way I can of course. I suppose AstroBryGuy has not left any ready material for it before he retired?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:23:33 AM by Salk »

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
The changelog doesnt mention but there was any change made to Shilo Chen and the ogre magi's quest problem reported below? It's just a matter of poiting to the correct direction.

https://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29917.0
Core i7 Sandy Bridge 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Windows 7 x64 - Intel HD 2000

Offline jastey

• Planewalker
Felipe: no, this is not addressed yet as I am unsure how to proceed. The journal entry is actually an existing sting (#15772) so it's basically the only original "unfinished business" in this component and I am reluctant to change it. It seems the original mod authors settled for this location for the ogres magi for reasons unknown, and I will leave it for legacy reasons for now.
We could think about giving a choice to players upon install to move the ogres magi to where it is said in the journal entry if it's really off, but I would need suggestions as to where this would be.

Salk: if you collect everything there is for such a component e.g. in a thread here in the forums it might happen that I feel like implementing a small quest at some point, but my list of projects is very long so I'll not treat this with any priority. I wouldn't know of any notes from AstroBryGuy, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 03:03:09 AM by jastey »

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
Felipe: no, this is not addressed yet as I am unsure how to proceed. The journal entry is actually an existing sting (#15772) so it's basically the only original "unfinished business" in this component and I am reluctant to change it. It seems the original mod authors settled for this location for the ogres magi for reasons unknown, and I will leave it for legacy reasons for now.
We could think about giving a choice to players upon install to move the ogres magi to where it is said in the journal entry if it's really off, but I would need suggestions as to where this would be.

I see, moving the ogre magi would be a big work, just changing the description would be fine, you can always add an explanation in the readme about why you did this. ;)

Offline jastey

• Planewalker

just changing the description would be fine, you can always add an explanation in the readme about why you did this. ;)
You mean the description in the readme? I guess that's someting I could do, indeed.  :)

Offline Felipe

• Planewalker
You mean the description in the readme? I guess that's someting I could do, indeed.  :)

Nope, sorry, i should have thought more before i wrote that, i meant the description in the journal that shows where the ogre magi is plus a description in the changelog or readme file saying what is the original writing and why this was changed to the way it is now. ;)

Offline jastey

• Planewalker
As I said above, the journal entry is a real (unused) string from the game. Changing that would be a bit against the mod's aim.
EDIT: apart from that, the mod has 7 language versions. Adding a line is definitely more complicated than changing the scripting at this point.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:11:44 AM by jastey »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: