Author Topic: Last quest, in my playthrough, did not work at all.  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
Last quest, in my playthrough, did not work at all.
« on: July 14, 2019, 04:24:28 AM »
If you finished the nine quests, but even after beating Bodhi you are not getting the letter from Bernard, use these commands:

C:SetGlobal("O#CrLynnSpawn2","GLOBAL",1)
C:CreateItem("O#CrNot2")

Then go to Lynn (five dragon inn).

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:01:14 AM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Last quest, in my playthrough, did not work at all.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 07:17:00 AM »
A little more info onto what exactly didn't work?...

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:08:01 AM »
Jastey I throwed away the install I had. Do you still have my savegame with Fade? If you got EET installed + assassination you will notice that I'm not receiving any note from Barnard.

That's the issue.

Edit: I now installed a new copy of BG2:EE modfree. I did all the nine quests, then tried to do the last quest still by using the commands above. After killing everyone in the cemetery (as per lynn's instructions), I'm supposed to rest one night in the inn. I did, but Lynn is not contacting me. What am I supposed to do?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:21:43 AM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »
Who said you are supposed to rest one night in an inn after doing all quests and that Lynn is contacting you then? The key thing is killing Bodhi:

After doing all 9 quests, after killing Bodhi, there will be either a messenger in the Graveyard. Or you talk to Bernard again in Chapter 7 after killing Bodhi.
Either of them will give you note from Lynn who will await you in the second floor of the Five Flagons Inn again.

EDIT:So, after setting the cheats above, Lynn should be in the Five Flagons Inn again.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:15:46 AM by jastey »

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »
Okay I finished the quest. For anyone wondering the quest goes like that:

> You go to Bernard to receive the letter (in the savegame I gave you, Jastey, Bernard didn't give me the second letter)
> you go to Lynn
> She asks you to go the cemetery and kill all the bodyguards.
> after helping Lynn, at the entrance of the cemetery a guard will spawn and arrest you. You don't need to rest in the inn.

Why did I think I had to rest in the inn after killing everyone at the cemetery? For two reasons:

1) In the last quest, another npc will appear when you are talking with Lynn about the final quest and this npc tells you:@620  = ~When you are done, spend a night here. Lynn will find you.~

2) Add on top of that the quest fizzled, because no guard spawned at the cemetery's entrance (at least in my prior games) so I went there resting because I thought that I had to rest there :P

TL;DR finished the quest, but:

1) my savegame will show you there is some sort of issue with Barnard not giving you the letter (and given that I was restoring fade, I already destroyed bodhi in that savegame).
2) No other issues showed themselves (in my EET game the guard at the entrance of the cemetery didn't even spawn even after using the commands I wrote in the first post, but only you can check that, because I don't have that savegame anymore).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:23:12 AM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
I agree that this line is misleading, but spending the night means you need to talk to Bernard and  if all would have gone correctly, then he should have given you the letter. (That, and the mod is already translated into x languages, so I won't suggest Kulyok to change that line.)

But, in that save ("Before Restoring Fade"), the variable Global("O#CrLynnSpawn2","GLOBAL",1) is already at one. So, either you met the messenger boy in the graveyard, or you set the cheats too early, breaking the quest yourself.
EDIT: ok, there is also the possibility the boy spawned on you but you didn't see him/talk to him - chances should be small because he is created near the PC but that could have happened.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:25:51 AM by jastey »

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
didn't use any cheat on that fade savegame. I never met the boy, in fact I thought it was something that was removed from the game: after all, I killed Bodhi, then went to the entrance and fast traveled from there. Didn't see any boy.

Anyway, no worries :P. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:01:51 PM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 12:48:01 PM »
Then that's the problem, the boy spawned but you didn't notice him. The way it is coded, once the boy spawned you also cannot talk to Bernard. I will revice this for the next version.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »
In my game with Fade, I could speak with Barnard, but he wouldn't tell me. So there is a chance the boy may have never spawned at all.

Jastey, thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:34:58 AM by Sergio1992 »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 03:26:05 AM »
The logic is this: as soon as the boy spawned, you cannot talk to Bernard about Lynn again. (The assumption was that the boy talks to you, instead.) But if you left the area before the boy could talk to you, then you'd be stuck as you experienced. You could travel to the graveyard with this save and see whether you find the boy, I didn't do that.

Anyway, this will be more stable in the next version. (Not talking to the boy will leave Bernard's dialogue open until the PC met one of them.)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »
Just to give closure to this thread: is fixed in v15.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: