Author Topic: NPC mod thoughts  (Read 3673 times)

Adam

NPC mod thoughts
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:59:30 PM »
This post is for Kulyok,

I just recently acquired IWD again having realized that I had never beaten it and always having an affinity for tactics style D&D games. I started to play through it and made it until I think Chapter 2, when I realized that I was insanely bored. There was no story, no interactions between characters, no personalities. Just straight ahead hack and slash dungeon crawling. Although I do enjoy a good dungeon crawler, the personalities of the characters in my party are missed and my imagination can only compensate so much.

So I found out about this mod today, and it made me really excited. It sounded like exactly what IWD needed to keep me interested, so I installed and started playing today. Right from the beginning there is a completely different feel. It was exactly what was needed to bring a dull and linear game to a whole new level. Right now I am just finishing up the vale of shadows, but I thought I would give some feedback.

The script and banter I think is very well written. Most of the interactions are quite enjoyable and very welcome breath of new life into the game. Finding out about the backgrounds of each of the characters slowly unraveling throughout the game is greatly enthralling. However, other then the soundsets for Nella's voice, I feel like the majority of the audio that was recorded is poor at best. It's not just the acting, but the actual audio quality is quite bad. Volume that sways from too quiet to too loud. Holvir un-enthusiastically saying ow every time he is hit. It almost takes away from the experience and part of me would almost rather just read the text. So far I feel like whoever did the work for Nella's voice did a fantastic job, and I would like to offer my praise. It sounds like a voice that was intended to be included in IWD from the beginning.

I feel like it is important to offer criticism and I don't want you to feel like I'm taking a huge dump on all the work that you have put into this. You are basically the hero that IWD needed to turn it from a mediocre game into something truly incredible. I have to ask though: Would you ever consider having the voices for this game re-done?

Thank you again for your work, I may be actually able to complete the game with all this new material in it. :)

Adam

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: NPC mod thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »
I'd be happy to have alternate voices for the game redone, and would welcome all volunteer work, just PM me here on Pocket plane (because I don't read the forums much these days).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: