Author Topic: Code Help  (Read 15355 times)

Offline Kai of CandleKeep

• Planewalker
Code Help
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
I'm about 20 years late for this modding train, but I decided to try my hand at NPC creation.  I am a complete n00b with no talent whatsoever in coding, so I took Kulyok's Branwen mod, picked it apart and am [trying my best to learn on my own] using that as a template for my NPC (which just happens to be yet another Solaufein of Ust Natha romance). 

So anyway, I am trying to add some dialogue to Elhan, the elf in the ruined temple just outside the Underdark.    The idea is that when <CHARNAME> returns with the Rhynn Lanthorn with her beloved Solaufein in tow, he gets upset and says a few choice words to the party. 

Please, please do not laugh at my pathetic attempt at code.  I really need the help of someone who knows what they're doing. 

EXTEND_BOTTOM C6ELHAN2 66
IF ~InParty("k7Sola") InMyArea("k7Sola") !StateCheck("k7Sola",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global

("k7SolaElhan","GLOBAL",0) ~ EXTERN C6ELHAN2 el1
END

CHAIN C6ELHAN2 el1
~But what is this?  You harbor a drow among you!  How dare you bring the enemy into our midst even as you profess to help!  Treachery!~
DO ~SetGlobal("k7SolaElhan","GLOBAL",1)~
END
++ ~Wait!  Solaufein is not one of them, he is my friend and companion and he means you no harm.~ EXTERN K7SOLAJ el1.1
++ ~Solaufein is one of us, and if you want our help you will simply have to accept his presence.~ EXTERN K7SOLAJ el1.1

CHAIN C6ELHAN2 el1.1
~Very well, but best keep your dog on a short leash lest we be forced to end his miserable existence. ~
END
COPY_TRANS C6ELHAN2 66

I'm actually embarrassed to be posting this, but I really wanted to get help.  Thank you in advance.
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Offline Creepin

• Planewalker
Re: Code Help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:55:06 PM »
I am sorry I will be of no help with dialogues as I haven't touched one in 10 years or so, I just wanted to say, as a 20 years-long player and few months-long modder, no one is going to laugh because, frankly, there's no reason to. Do not worry :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:55:42 PM by Creepin »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: