Author Topic: BG1 EE on Steam Linux : impossible to run the game after run "tolower" script  (Read 951 times)

Kegilko

Hi !
I am on a 64bit Debian.
I installed Steam and Baldur's gate 1 EE. The game works perfectly.

I installed Weidu from this link : http://www.weidu.org/%7Ethebigg/WeiDU-Linux-240.zip
When I run weidu for install a BG mod (via the binary weinstall), I get an error :

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
   ./^dialog/.tlk$
Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

I seen in a topic I must run the "tolower" binary before the weinstall script.
So, I go to the BG directory, I run tolower. Then after, when I run "weinstall mymod" I haven't any error ! THe installation works fine.

But...! If I run the "tolower" script, then I can't run the game ! I press to the "run" bouton from Steam but the game doesn't run :/

Anyone can help me ? ^^

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
WeiDU is unfortunately not compatible with the Linux versions of EE games at this time. EE games require much more complicated handling of case than what WeiDU can currently do . I'd like to say I'm working on it but it's not a very tractable problem and there are evidently other things I'd rather work on. Some beautiful day, perhaps.

Most people seem to work around it by mounting a case-insensitive file system and installing their EE games there. A concerned individual posted some instructions here.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: