Author Topic: Another "Thank You"  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Dragon Wench

• Planewalker
Another "Thank You"
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »
Because my memory is terrible, I initially didn't realise, as I attempted to create a new account here, that I already had one.. so neither am I sure if I have already thanked you for this mod.
Anyway... this is to offer my profound appreciation for all your hard work! After playing far too much of Bethesda games I wanted to return to something that had story, and interesting combat... but I have played BG2 so many times that I wasn't quite feeling it. Then I remembered that I'd downloaded your "new" EE compatible version of IWD NPCs some time ago, so I decided to give it a run, since I couldn't really remember much from the first time I played it years ago.

I know this has been said before, but honestly, you've really crafted a wonderful mod Kulyok. What truly stands out for me is just how well your NPCs fit into the universe, and that, for me, is key to an excellent mod, no matter the game. Their banter and friendships seem to evolve organically, the voicing is outstanding and rivals the VA of the BG2 actors, and their portraits, in addition to being beautiful, blend flawlessly into the game. Further, your writing is excellent and, as far as I can tell, error-free. If I possessed no knowledge of IWD, and somebody said to me, "Here, play this," I would not guess that it was modded; that's how good your work is.

I only have two minor critiques. One is that the group doesn't include at least one shorty, and similarly that the romances are restricted to elves, half-elves and humans. But, that is pretty minor, and I suspect the vast majority of players create parties like this anyway. Secondly, I feel all the characters, excepting Korin, are maybe a touch Mary Sue-ish. Though, again, neither of these things are an especially big deal, not to mention that such preferences are very subjective and open to interpretation. So, take those points as a grain of salt. ;)

Again, thank you very much! I've always enjoyed IWD FAR more than IWD2, and your mod puts it almost en par with BG2.
(I do have Domi's mod and it helps hugely, but I still struggle to actually progress in that game..damned Ice Palace)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:25:25 PM by Dragon Wench »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Another "Thank You"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »
Thank you ever so much, and sorry for the late reply!

(funny, that, I thought that Korin was the biggest Mary-Sue of them all, him being a powerful arrogant mage who lost his power, lived for years as a hermit, blahblahblah. But I guess I poured so much of my heart into him that the players became, ahem, more forgiving. ))

And, yeah, IWD2 is a pain sometimes. Best of luck! Hope you liked Diriel - his romance is my favorite.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: