Author Topic: No PC or NPC sounds  (Read 2818 times)

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
No PC or NPC sounds
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »
Hey folks, very long time no see. I've spent more money than I want to think about on a new gaming rig. So I'm now running Windows 10 and after a little bit of fiddling I've gotten BG, BGII, IWD and IWD2 to run. However I've noticed something odd, I've got the music playing but nothing else. no PC or NPC sounds at all. And it's driving me nuts.

Has anyone else run into this kind of problem?

I've had a second SSD installed as well as a sound card and a RAM upgrade and I'm beginning to wonder if the registry is a little bonked as I've also noticed I can't view my picture files, I can do just about everything else but not view them.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Re: No PC or NPC sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Set your sound system output to a Stereo, so either 2.0 or 4.0, the 5.1 and 7.1 configuration will silence most if not all the regular sounds because they are badly coded for those... this is known problem without any solutions in the old engine.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: