Author Topic: Turnabout updated to 1.3! Compatible with EE and many bugfixes!  (Read 2321 times)

Cirosan

My update, made 14 years after the mod's release (to be clear, I have nothing to do with the original team), makes this classic mod compatible with EE, as well as fixes critical bugs present in the first version. A version is also provided for the original BG2, for users who don't want to use EE but want the fixes present in my update.

Download the mod here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jijb5q1babp5jt9/Turnabout-UpdatedForEE.zip?dl=0

Turnabout requires that Ascension v2.0 be installed. It can be downloaded here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75640/ascension-v2-0/p1

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Turnabout updated to 1.3! Compatible with EE and many bugfixes!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 03:42:15 AM »
Hi Cirosan!
What would be needed to make your version compatible with BGII/BGT, too?

Cirosan

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 08:52:21 PM »
Hi Cirosan!
What would be needed to make your version compatible with BGII/BGT, too?
Nothing. It already is:
A version is also provided for the original BG2, for users who don't want to use EE but want the fixes present in my update.
Note that I packaged them separately, as I didn't have the time to go through the installer and have it auto-detect which version you have installed. It's also been 3 or so years since I first made it EE compatible and I genuinely don't remember what I changed to make it compatible so the safest bet was to repackage the original mod and then copy my fixed script files over the old ones. It's not the best solution, granted, but it's what I had the time for.

Cirosan

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 09:09:57 PM »
Sorry for double post; I don't have an account here yet.

By the way, Jastey, if you ever want to add Ajantis to Turnabout, let me know and I'll try to find the time for it. I love your Ajantis mods for BG1 and 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we add a check that the player has completed the Firkraag quest and doesn't have your mod installed and doesn't have the simding Quest Pack installed (which allows you to cast Dispel Magic to purge Firkraag's illusion and lets Ajantis live), we can assume that he died.

Imoen, Keldorn, and Viconia would have reactions, I think.

Viconia: "If this is a joke, abbil, it's a poor one. Surely you remember how well he and I got along last time."
Imoen: "You know, now that I think about it... Ajantis is probably the only person in Faerun who'd be fine with having his rest disturbed so he can fight evil one last time. It's not a bad idea, CHARNAME."
Keldorn: "A wise choice indeed, CHARNAME. Ajantis was my apprentice of many years, and he died a most ignoble death thanks to Firkraag's foul magic. This is precisely the sort of cause he would've gladly died for."

Something like that; just thinking out-loud.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »
I apologize for not having read your announcement properly. Thank you very much for the update! Do you want me to ping Kulyok to upload this version to the original site?

I like your interjections for reviving Ajantis in Turmabout. :)

Cirosan

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »
I apologize for not having read your announcement properly. Thank you very much for the update! Do you want me to ping Kulyok to upload this version to the original site?
Please do.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 01:27:20 AM »
Will do!
Ascension is a G3 mod, btw. The original download is here, I'd prefer this link to the one at BeamDog's since it's the direct one and probably more up-to-date.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 01:57:16 AM »
Cirosan: it's on the download's Page. Thank you very much for your work!
http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=125&Itemid=111

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: