Author Topic: Version 239 released  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Version 239 released
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
WeiDU v239 still "d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e" has been released.

Download for Windows
Download for GNU/Linux
Download for OS X (pending compiler)
Download the source code
Change log
Readme

Offline vv221

• Planewalker
Re: Version 239 released
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:02 AM »
As for 238 before that, I built binary .deb packages of WeiDU 239 for Debian GNU/Linux users. They should work without any modification on any Debian derivative like Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

There you go to download them:
http://www.dotslashplay.it/ressources/infinity-engine/

critto

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
The Mac version is unavailable. Could you please upload it as well?

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »
Wisp doesn't actually have an OS X environment on which he can compile the Mac version, so he has to rely on one of the local OS X modders to build it for him.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Argent77

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
I don't have a Mac either, but I was able to compile an OS X version on my virtual machine.

Download: WeiDU-Mac-239.zip

It hasn't been test extensively yet, since I don't own any Mac versions of the games. I would appreciate any feedback about whether it works flawlessly on a real Mac as well.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
Thanks argent77! Now I can get the new Tweaks up to v239 across the board. :)
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »
@argent77 what OS is on your VM?  I vaguely recall discussions from a year or two ago that compiling Weidu on newer versions of OS X might not work for users with older OSes. 

I'm using Mountain Lion (I'm stubbornly loyal to Lucida Grande.)  I'd be happy to compile a Mac version of Weidu... if, erm, someone gives me instructions for how to "compile" stuff...

EDIT - Argent77's version seems to work for me!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:53:00 PM by subtledoctor »

Offline Argent77

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 05:30:27 AM »
I'm using an old OS X 10.7 ("Lion") installation.

The build instructions found in this document are relatively easy to follow. There are additional steps to perform though if you want to reduce file size even further.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 04:33:12 AM »
OS X archive uploaded. Thanks, Argent77.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 05:46:50 AM »
239 windows build have the same size as 238 > BWS won't download it and it will make certain mods fail: http://i.imgur.com/uCyynZh.png

wisp, please recompile it again (maybe use new commit) and put it to http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/weidu.exe
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Argent77

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 10:11:18 AM »
File size is rather unsuitable to tell different versions of a file apart. I'd suggest to implement a hash function (e.g. MD5) into BWS instead.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
checking filesize was fine for 15 years, It is the first time when such situation occurs. After recompiling with one more commit it will be fine again and for the next 15 years. Besides, how do you get md5 hash before downloading mod archive? Because when you download it, there is no point of calculating...

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
wisp, please recompile it again (maybe use new commit) and put it to http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/weidu.exe
I'll pretend that was a joke. Good one.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »
It's not a joke, he has always wanted the weidu.exe to be download-able without an archive structure around it. So the BWS can utilize it to update all the weidu.exe's without the need to copy it around places after extraction. Given that the archive name changes from each upload and so forth, it needs to be remade each time the archive is updated. Or made via horrors described only in the heritage of Cthulhu.

I am not sure, but if you could hide the file from browsers, so it's only download-able via a command structure or something(I don't really know how this all works, so... ) it would do... so long as you would tell that structure to ALIEN ... so he can utilize it in BWS.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:27:54 AM by The Imp »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
It's not a joke, he has always wanted the weidu.exe to be download-able without an archive structure around it. So the BWS can utilize it to update all the weidu.exe's without the need to copy it around places after extraction. Given that the archive name changes from each upload and so forth, it needs to be remade each time the archive is updated. Or made via horrors described only in the heritage of Cthulhu.

I am not sure, but if you could hide the file from browsers, so it's only download-able via a command structure or something(I don't really know how this all works, so... ) it would do... so long as you would tell that structure to ALIEN ... so he can utilize it in BWS.
Buh? The what now?
(There already exists a no-archive Windows WeiDU on weidu.org. If fact, there are two of them! But the other one gets the axe after next version.)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:45:46 PM »
Uuh...
Well, technically there's no link to it in the page... I need to type it manually to download it. I know that's silly to note, but . but , but ... don't worry about it, now that you say it's there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:51:04 PM by The Imp »

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »
(There already exists a no-archive Windows WeiDU on weidu.org. If fact, there are two of them! But the other one gets the axe after next version.)
where? BWS use this one: Down=http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/weidu.exe and even if it's 239, it has exactly the same filesize as 238. So now, BWS won't download new weidu it and all mods which depends on 239 will fail until you release 240 or recompile 239 adding one extra commit to alter the .exe filesize < this is what I've asked in my first post.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:30:09 AM by AL|EN »

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 11:17:10 AM »
Down=http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/weidu.exe and even if it's 239, it has exactly the same filesize as 238.
Well, yeah, that's what they said.
The file size doesn't need to change... if you rearrange the resources, remove unneeded bits and add needed ones. It's rare, but it happens. with ~240 updates at least ones.

You could make the BWS check the weidu.exe's own SHA-1 size and if it's BBE26DB... not download a new weidu.exe from the source...
Or MD5, then: 0419FC4....
Assuming a bit: Here's the  actual info. Gained via Explorer Suite's CFF Explorer.exe .
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:18:09 AM by The Imp »

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 12:14:20 PM »
This problem can be resolved by simply by recompile weidu, not by writing lot of code for the one particular case which appears after 15 years. Besides, because of this bug: https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/commit/f435761f3d076126d1ea9be95a16fc548f9b894d weidu needs a 'fix' release because otherwise changelog is useless for now.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 01:05:26 PM »
Get real. A) There has already been almost 100 commits between 238 and 239. What exactly makes you think a recompile is going to produce a new file with different size? Even if it were to, I'm not going to break versioning or release a new version just to make up for a short-coming in your system. B) If the change-log bug was of the dignity that it required a quick fix, it would not have gone unreported for a year.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: