Author Topic: About the mod  (Read 12218 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
About the mod
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:33:30 AM »
So, Throne of Bhaal.

Do you remember the scene when Gorion and Alianna tell you about your origin? When a demon takes Gorion's face and tries to separate you from your love interest by summoning ghosts?

Those are both powerful scenes. Cool ones, seriously. And they got me thinking: all right, we got this great conflict and some terrible deeds, like a mother trying to sacrifice her baby, but what about the people behind the story?

What about your foster father, who sacrificed himself to save you? Will you really never get a chance to talk to him again, only through Solar's scenes? What would he say if he saw you at the end of the Throne of Bhaal? What would he advise?

What about your mother? Will she remain a cardboad figure? Was she Gorion's friend once, like he wrote? Was she a victim? What was her life like before Bhaal?

And seriously, did she ever love you? Did she ever love anyone?

So, that's how Reunion was born.

Go to Amkethran, enter Chapter 9, and take Nalia into your party. You can drop her later, but she's got LOTS of dialogue in the mod, so I wouldn't. Basically, she's the Imoen of Reunion: talks, interjections and commentary on everything. But Imoen and Sarevok have things to say, too, during your conversations - not as many, though.

And, like I promised: learn your mother's true story, look into Gorion's eyes, and ask the questions you've always wanted answered.

(also, you may meet another sibling. Shocking, right?)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
Re: About the mod
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 07:47:50 AM »
Kudos on the release, will be giving this a ty, naturally.

Merry christmas!

Offline mhamza

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »
Congrats on the release! Will definitely give this a try, though I'm curious, does this have any relation to the Romance mod?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 11:21:40 AM »
Thank you for the kind words!

RE: Romance mod? I have so many of those written (and a few more - coded), I may be a bit lost. Which mod - specifically - are you talking about?

Offline mhamza

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 11:34:10 AM »
Sorry, should have been more specific, I meant the Nalia romance mod.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
They are compatible, but no romance-specific interactions - Nalia is warm, and friendly, and supportive, and you might read into her lines if you were romancing her in SoA, but I'm leaving Nalia ToB romance to Jason. :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »
Not that I'm worried about the bugs in the mod - I tested it quite a few times - but has anyone actually managed to finish it and live? Just curious: it's been over a month, after all.

Guest_Mantis

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »
Hello,

I added this mod to the end of my installation as I was keen to see what changes you had made to ToB. Without spoilers I enjoyed the mod, and found some of the writing quite moving, it definitely added some interesting twists to the ToB fabric.

On the criticical / suggestions side....

One of the quest characters conflicts with the Gavin mod story.

Not enough chaos (not tactical difficulty as such) for my liking. More demons teleporting in unexpectedly, more people to defend, some unexpected dead/wild magic fields might add to the feel of a keep under assault.

I had to CLUA myself there as Nalia made no comment in Ch9. It was out of order in my installation though.

Battles with Dxxxx might feel more personal if you're challenged 1 on 1.

EMD could be less of a combat challenge and more of a "You can't kill me because xxxxx" type challenge. Blackmail letters about your fling with Chanelle for example :)

One of the massive flaws of ToB is that high level play should be less about combat HLAs and more about strongholds & building a legacy. It would be nice if Reunion related somehow to earlier actions concerning to the Fighter Stronghold. If you were a great lord then people could be volunteering to fight alongside you (naturally you'd have the obligation to stop them getting slaughtered!) or lords who squeezed the keep for tax money could have content related to that.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
Hello! Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm not sure if I can do wild magic or one on one , but I will try and find something in the tutorials.

Now, as for the Fighter Stronghold/events like that, that's really adding to the story, yeah. I'm wondering how it could be done - returning to the palisade again and again could be annoying, but returning to the courtyard... mmm... I'll think about it. Anyway, that's definitely something to think about for the next version, ty again!

Offline Caszidy

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:38 AM »
Wow this mod is perfect. It really complements the whole game and de´Arnise Romance mod (it could be some kind of connected if ToB portion of de´Arnise Romance comes out some day). The story about uknown Brother is really interesting and fits well, the same with mother Alianna.
But what really amused me was the story of mother and her daughter (now I didn´t remember names) originally from Temple district and their quest to finally find a husband and father (and their conclusion was also nice in the end).
Thank you very much for this masterpiece!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 09:11:36 AM »
You're very welcome! :) I liked the mother-daughter subquest, too!

Waverley Steps

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Hey,

this mod sounds like a lovely addition to ToB. Does anyone know whether it work to install it on an ongoing BGT game? I'm still in the SoA portion, so I suppose it should... but wouldn't want to unknowingly mess things up. (BG installations are like the proverbial china shop there...) Thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: