Author Topic: Question about Xan romance-(am I bugged or doomed?)  (Read 8006 times)

ErithanClone

Question about Xan romance-(am I bugged or doomed?)
« on: August 16, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
Hope this is the right place to post for this question o.o

As far as I could ever find information on the npc project romance part, the romance for Xan was not meant to be if you were a half-elf.

I however god an odd surprise last night while playing despite being a half-elf, and am wondering if this is normal and something later down the line is effected by the fact I'm a half-elf, orrrrr if something bugged. @.x

Note:
have all 3 guys for a female PC in my party(mostly for the banter between them hehe...), and have the friendship packs for them installed as well. Character is as mentioned a half-elf.

*Spoiler alert possibly* (not sure if I tagged right x.x)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
[suspicious]After awhile Xan suddenly asked me to leave him alone, so I did(thinking this was the end of things), a bit later on as I was going around hunting treasure he pops up again lamenting about the torture of being near me and the worry.  Going through the options I eventually picked "what if I returned.." thinking I would be re-buffed, but well that didn't happen.  After this, if I went to initiate dialogue I could say I love you and so on, and both other guys dialogue options went "poof" as far as the romantic part which I assume means it's official/bonded? Though all in all Xan just accepted/admitted he loved me, and so far has given me a flower crown(by accident it seems heh).[/suspicious]

Soooo does this normally happen? Or has my character been mistaken for a full elf/did they add half-elves eventually for everything a full elf would be able to experience with the romance?

*scratches head very confused*

Thank you for any help,
~Erithan

ErithanClone

Re: Question about Xan romance-(am I bugged or doomed?)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »

Edit: quoting in case the pertinent part didn't post right, can't tell if the spoiler thing worked(and can't edit to test), or if I hid things from people in general, apologies!
Hope this is the right place to post for this question o.o

As far as I could ever find information on the npc project romance part, the romance for Xan was not meant to be if you were a half-elf.

I however god an odd surprise last night while playing despite being a half-elf, and am wondering if this is normal and something later down the line is effected by the fact I'm a half-elf, orrrrr if something bugged. @.x

Note:
have all 3 guys for a female PC in my party(mostly for the banter between them hehe...), and have the friendship packs for them installed as well. Character is as mentioned a half-elf.

*Spoiler alert possibly* (not sure if I tagged right x.x)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
After awhile Xan suddenly asked me to leave him alone, so I did(thinking this was the end of things), a bit later on as I was going around hunting treasure he pops up again lamenting about the torture of being near me and the worry.  Going through the options I eventually picked "what if I returned.." thinking I would be re-buffed, but well that didn't happen.  After this, if I went to initiate dialogue I could say I love you and so on, and both other guys dialogue options went "poof" as far as the romantic part which I assume means it's official/bonded? Though all in all Xan just accepted/admitted he loved me, and so far has given me a flower crown(by accident it seems heh).

Soooo does this normally happen? Or has my character been mistaken for a full elf/did they add half-elves eventually for everything a full elf would be able to experience with the romance?

*scratches head very confused*

Thank you for any help,
~Erithan

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »
That's BG1 NPC Project - well, I have bad news. If you're a half-elf, he'll eventually break up with you, there's no helping it.

(I'm not sure if it's going to be possible to pick another romance or not - probably after fiddling with the console).

ErithanClone

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 04:57:21 PM »
That's BG1 NPC Project - well, I have bad news. If you're a half-elf, he'll eventually break up with you, there's no helping it.

(I'm not sure if it's going to be possible to pick another romance or not - probably after fiddling with the console).

ahh ok thank you that was my assumption/slight fear though glad it's not a bug for sure! Fortunately I quick-saved right before so I'll be able to keep him in party but not proceed on that path this time around.

The writing is wonderful(and heart wrenching at times, in a good way of course), I hope to do a second run through of the game after I finish my first here(normally don't mod, glad I did though), though I'm conflicted about being Elven as my PC has always been half. @.x So it feels weird, the thought of taking things all the way into BGII sounds really great though/really experiencing everything overall. =)

Thanks again for the help!, if needed your welcome to close the thread/delete it for space whatnot.

apologies for the rambling!(low blood sugars) *heads back to quick save*

-funny thing...I happen to have an actual paper map of baldur's gate, and wound up actually using it since unlike BgII no labels in the city!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
You can get the labels! BG2Tweaks mod has a component for that. G3 site is down, though, which doesn't help - but you probably have the mod on your hard drive, if you have BG1 NPC.

ErithanClone

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:00:02 PM »
You can get the labels! BG2Tweaks mod has a component for that. G3 site is down, though, which doesn't help - but you probably have the mod on your hard drive, if you have BG1 NPC.

Thanks, good to know! I'll have to look around though I fear installing without a fresh start on well everything. Though I think I didn't install that pack as I was trying to avoid certain things being changed=/ I don't generally mod my games so I only did a few small things.

Er and I know it's off topic, but a dumb question, if tutu+everything else is installed, can you go straight from Bg I(and expansion, from gog) to bg II with all the romances etc and such? Or is it a separate program? @.x

and any idea if I was correct in reading that the fixpack for bg II comes -with- tutu/should be installed in that folder rather then the bg II folder before installing tutu etc? (sorry, it's been so hard to find answers to questions I'm taking advantage@.x last time I promise!)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »
1) No, no, you can't go straight from BG1 to BG2 with tutu - you got to start a new BG2 game(you can import your protagonist as a character and continue comfortably from there).
2) BG2 Fixpack shouldn't go with Tutu. It should go with BG2. Also, it isn't needed for tutu at all, so no worries. Keep playing tutu, and then just mod your BG2 install.

Some instructions about quick backups for your next clean install here:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555

ErithanClone

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
1) No, no, you can't go straight from BG1 to BG2 with tutu - you got to start a new BG2 game(you can import your protagonist as a character and continue comfortably from there).
2) BG2 Fixpack shouldn't go with Tutu. It should go with BG2. Also, it isn't needed for tutu at all, so no worries. Keep playing tutu, and then just mod your BG2 install.

Some instructions about quick backups for your next clean install here:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555

Thank you again, really appreciate the help! As far as Xan and a continuance into bg II, do you need to import your char? Or is it sorta moot?

I had read something odd about tutu having the fixpack and that doing a bg II install and putting the fixpack there, then using tutu caused issues o.o Thanks for the correction, almost sounds safe to remove bg I before starting anew in bg II when using tutu?

Sorry again for all the questions!

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »
Thank you again, really appreciate the help! As far as Xan and a continuance into bg II, do you need to import your char? Or is it sorta moot?

I had read something odd about tutu having the fixpack and that doing a bg II install and putting the fixpack there, then using tutu caused issues o.o Thanks for the correction, almost sounds safe to remove bg I before starting anew in bg II when using tutu?
Well, I am not sure which version of Tutu you use, but the older ones overwrote the entire BG2 game as it was installed on top of it, and so having the G3 BG2Fixpack on that game caused errors cause it wasn't meant to be there ...
Now the todays EasyTutu_ToB has the option to make a new game for the Tutu alone, it's made from the BG2's data and BG1's data. Still which ever way you make the Tutu install, you can't start the BG2 game in it as the areas involved are reassigned to be the BG1's start areas(from the coding perspective). The Tutu is not BGT-weidu where you continue the game via a plot line that takes you to the BG2 areas ...as the area data is overwritten, and everything else that makes the game a BG2 is removed from the Tutu games library that tells what's where. So you need a BG2 game that doesn't have the Tutu installed on top of it to actually play the BG2 game. 
Now you can export the character from the Tutu to the BG2 game easily, you just need to note that you need to do so before you end the game, and make sure you can find the .CHR files you make during the export, or the savegames, so you can load them for the BG2 import.

What comes to the Xan... Kulyok will tell more, but you can't export the Xan from Tutu game to the BG2 and the BG2 itself alone doesn't have Xan in it, but you have the option to install a Xan mod to the BG2 game via a different mod. But the story arch in the Tutu ends at the end of the Tutu game. And from the coding perspective the BG2 mod inclusive Xan won't know you romanced him in BG1, because the exportion function can't know if you did. But the BG2 mod might compensate for that(via a dialog or something, I didn't code it, so I don't know).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:36:59 PM by The Imp »

Erithan3.0!

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »

Well, I am not sure which version of Tutu you use, but the older ones overwrote the entire BG2 game as it was installed on top of it, and so having the G3 BG2Fixpack on that game caused errors cause it wasn't meant to be there ...
Now the todays EasyTutu_ToB has the option to make a new game for the Tutu alone, it's made from the BG2's data and BG1's data. Still which ever way you make the Tutu install, you can't start the BG2 game in it as the areas involved are reassigned to be the BG1's start areas(from the coding perspective). The Tutu is not BGT-weidu where you continue the game via a plot line that takes you to the BG2 areas ...as the area data is overwritten, and everything else that makes the game a BG2 is removed from the Tutu games library that tells what's where. So you need a BG2 game that doesn't have the Tutu installed on top of it to actually play the BG2 game. 
Now you can export the character from the Tutu to the BG2 game easily, you just need to note that you need to do so before you end the game, and make sure you can find the .CHR files you make during the export, or the savegames, so you can load them for the BG2 import.

What comes to the Xan... Kulyok will tell more, but you can't export the Xan from Tutu game to the BG2 and the BG2 itself alone doesn't have Xan in it, but you have the option to install a Xan mod to the BG2 game via a different mod. But the story arch in the Tutu ends at the end of the Tutu game. And from the coding perspective the BG2 mod inclusive Xan won't know you romanced him in BG1, because the exportion function can't know if you did. But the BG2 mod might compensate for that(via a dialog or something, I didn't code it, so I don't know).

So confused@@, thank you for the reply, will read it a bit closer in a bit here. Using easytutu_tob

When I was trying to find information on the mod for Xan, I was under the impression there was a continence in the sense whatever happened in the first game effected how he reacts in the second. Is that something based on the exported character?

When it comes down to it I don't quite understand how to start a new BGII game if easytutu is installed, or do I just go from the actual install of bg II rather then the tutu folder and import my character/go from there into playing?

Though that would lead me to believe that all the mods etc installed into tutu for BGI, would need to be moved or reinstalled into the BG II directory? *lost*@@

Sorry newbie modder....

Erithan3.0!

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »
argh to lack of being able to edit!

I meant to ask, with easytutu_tob, is there any safe way to add a mod to deal with ammo stacks etc without having to restart@.x

My kingdom for a gem bag!

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
When it comes down to it I don't quite understand how to start a new BGII game if easytutu is installed, or do I just go from the actual install of bg II rather then the tutu folder and import my character/go from there into playing?

Though that would lead me to believe that all the mods etc installed into tutu for BGI, would need to be moved or reinstalled into the BG II directory? *lost*@@
Yes, you just exit the Tutu game and start a BG2 game when the time comes to do that, just like with BG1.
You asked a safe way to have stackable arrows(etc.). The answer is simple, you install the BG2Tweak Packs mod in the game folder you are currently playing the game in(so you do it twice if you play both games and you can do this because the installer allows this).
Now then you load a save game and drop every arrow you have currently in the savegame currently in your inventory and use either the CLUAConsole in the game or other ways to manifest the "arow01" and other arrow items you have/wish to have. Or you can of course keepthe old arrows, but know that they won't be stackble with other arrows even if they look the same because they are not.

Also about the mods ... the Tutu will only allow you to access the BG1 portion of the game, so installing mods that add content to the BG2 portion is not going to change anything in the atual game you play within. So you don't need to move or reinstall/uninstall a thing, just install the mod to the BG2 game folder and go from there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:06:22 PM by The Imp »

ErithanV3.0

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
Do you mean install the easytutu mod into the bg II folder directly?

Or do you mean reinstall any mods that have bg II content into the bg II folder directly?

and if that's the case would tht mean tutu is omitted/not used at all for bg II, this anything including in easytutu would have to be found and installed by itself? (if it applies to bg II)

and would a clean install be recommended? Though if anything concects between the two game with mods I'm hoping that is encompassed/triggered by an exported char errrg.

Sorry again for the questions x.x

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »
Don't be sorry, for asking a question, just be sorry if you don't lear anything from the answer. Now then.

1. Do you mean install the easytutu mod into the bg II folder directly?

2. Or do you mean reinstall any mods that have bg II content into the bg II folder directly?
1. No. If it's a Tutu mod, then install it into the Tutu foldwer, if it's a BG2 content mod, install it into the BG2 folder, they are two different games, they have two different folders, so behave it like they are. So:
2. Yes.

and would a clean install be recommended? Though if anything concects between the two game with mods I'm hoping that is encompassed/triggered by an exported char errrg.
A clear way to install the game is literally this, install BG1 + addons & patches.
Install BG2+addons & patches.
Install EasyTutu_ToB to a seperate folder via the option mentioned above.
Uninstall BG1.
Install mods to the Tutu folder.
Install mods to the BG2 folder.
Play the Tutu game, export the char, and play the BG2 game with the char if you wish. Ouh, and if you have a custom kits, install only one and make sure the custom kits are installed in the same exact order between the games or you'll be totally screwd if you try the export of the custom kitted char.
Romances do not work between the Tutu->to->BG2 games. No matter what.

ErithanV3.0(hmm)

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
Don't be sorry, for asking a question, just be sorry if you don't lear anything from the answer. Now then.

1. Do you mean install the easytutu mod into the bg II folder directly?

2. Or do you mean reinstall any mods that have bg II content into the bg II folder directly?
1. No. If it's a Tutu mod, then install it into the Tutu foldwer, if it's a BG2 content mod, install it into the BG2 folder, they are two different games, they have two different folders, so behave it like they are. So:
2. Yes.

A clear way to install the game is literally this, install BG1 + addons & patches.
Install BG2+addons & patches.
Install EasyTutu_ToB to a seperate folder via the option mentioned above.
Uninstall BG1.
Install mods to the Tutu folder.
Install mods to the BG2 folder.
Play the Tutu game, export the char, and play the BG2 game with the char if you wish. Ouh, and if you have a custom kits, install only one and make sure the custom kits are installed in the same exact order between the games or you'll be totally screwd if you try the export of the custom kitted char.
Romances do not work between the Tutu->to->BG2 games. No matter what.

Thank you...again XD, really helping me out a lot, learning a lot as well.

In the long run, if I had no intention of importing my char from bgI (since it sounds like the only benefit is well a buffer char and some potential um...panta...*coughs*).

Would it be easier to just uninstall everything/delete the tutu folder and start from scratch?
In this case meaning only installing bgII, and only installing any bgII relevant mods(romance/flirts/banter/teaks etc) and just going from there?

and to be clear, what I've read about the continuance is just something added to BG II Soa/ToB, and not something you have to have any particular version of the first game to be able to access? *obviously not quite awake*

Guess the one thing I need to do if I can avoid easytutu_Tob/no longer need it for anything is figure out which patches were added and I need to find separately now.

Sounds like the info I found was more or less incomplete on information regarding the content added as a "continuance" or so misleading.

I should have noted: I don't kit XD, I stick to my multi-class as per usual char, though for bg II I'd need to find out of it's true you can be half elven and still have things go different routes as far as friendship and or romance in bg II. *stubborn about yep olde' usual character*

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
You don't need to uninstall Tutu to play BG2; Tutu leaves your BG2 game completely intact.

What Tutu does is this: It creates a new folder, then it grabs the engine from your BG2 folder and the data from your BG1 folder, and combines the two into a new game.  Both BG2 and the original BG1 are still there, unless you deleted them yourself.

This is opposed to BGT, which patches the data from BG1 into your BG2 folder, combining the two in one massive game.

As for importing a character from BG1, there are a few advantages.  You get the benefit from the stat-enhancing tomes, and if you played through TotSC, also a higher starting level.  You can possibly find a few of your old items in the starter dungeon, depending on what you had in your BG1 save game.

Erithan3

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »
Thank you, I may have to look up that other mod as it makes me curious as to what happens when it's all attached into a single game.

One(another? ahah x.x) dumb question for you, if you might know, have you heard of any conflicts between the bgI npc project romance mods and their respective friendship mods(which are separate I know)? I think a friendship mod decided to pop in and collide(and thus loop/freeze) my romance. :(

*really doesn't want to start over* Have a bad feeling though...ch(tried in 5 and 6 to) 7, hours of playing and nothing is popping up right, no talks just random "flirts" from the npc >< ERG (though I am getting friendship talks Oo).

The above is also partially why I asked about a clean install, if it doesn't make a difference I'd like to uninstall the games/delete tutu folder(which uninstalls everything as far as I can tell after you've uninstalled the main games?)

As I think there is something conflicting=/ Seems I may have to re-do everything when I re-play the first game anyway.

and you had said if I'm using easytutu_tob I shouldn't need the fixpack in the bg II folder if I'm only playing BG I? Or can you just do both?

Sorry again for all the questions and being confusing, had a rather nasty headache yesterday/have not been to well in general.

really appreciate your time and extreme patience.

Erithan3

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 03:11:24 PM »
Since I can't edit(not sure if my registration went through/was un-approved perhaps?)

Just wanted to note after looking around a bit more I think I semi-found an answer and fiddling with things seems to have kicked things back in gear I think? Can't tell if this one is supposed to end on something specific or more is supposed to happen yet however.

Long story short, think I found a work around an a slight issue with my party members causing one proble

Thank you again!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: